Research Article | Open Access
An Inverse Problem for Parabolic Partial Differential Equations with Nonlinear Conductivity Term
We consider an inverse problem for partial differential equation with nonlinear conductivity term in one-dimensional space within a finite interval. In the considered problem, a temperature history is unknown in a boundary of domain. The homotopy perturbation technique is used. Moreover, we have presented a numerical example.
- J. V. Beck, B. Blackwell, and C. J. St. Clair, Jr., Inverse Heat Conduction: Ill-Posed Problems, John Willey & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- O. M. Alifonov, Inverse Heat Transfer Problems, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1994.
- M. N. Özisik and H. R. B. Orlande, Inverse Heat Transfer: Fundamentals and Applications, Taylor & Francis, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- H. M. Park and J. S. Chung, “A sequential method of solving inverse natural convection problems,” Inverse Problems, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 529–546, 2002.
- J. R. Cannon, The One-Dimensional Heat Equation, Addison-Wesley, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- A. Shidfar and A. Zakeri, “A numerical method for backward inverse heat conduction problem with two unknown functions,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 304, no. 16, pp. 71–74, 2008.
- A. Shidfar and A. Zakeri, “Asymptotic solution for an inverse parabolic problem,” Mathematica Balkanica, vol. 18, no. 3-4, pp. 475–483, 2004.
- A. Shidfar, A. Zakeri, and A. Neisi, “A two-dimensional inverse heat conduction problem for estimating heat source,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2005, no. 10, pp. 1633–1641, 2005.
- T.-C. Chen, C.-C. Liu, H.-Y. Jang, and P.-C. Tuan, “Inverse estimation of heat flux and temperature in multi-layer gun barrel,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 50, no. 11-12, pp. 2060–2068, 2007.
- C.-H. Huang and S.-P. Wang, “A three-dimensional inverse heat conduction problem in estimating surface heat flux by conjugate gradient method,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 42, no. 18, pp. 3387–3403, 1999.
- J. Taler and W. Zima, “Solution of inverse heat conduction problems using control volume approach,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1123–1140, 1999.
- D. Lesnic, L. Elliott, and D. B. Ingham, “The solution of an inverse heat conduction problem subject to the specification of energies,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 25–32, 1998.
- N. Al-Khalidy, “On the solution of parabolic and hyperbolic inverse heat conduction problems,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 41, no. 23, pp. 3731–3740, 1998.
- L. Jinbo and T. Jiang, “Variational iteration method for solving an inverse parabolic equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 20, pp. 3569–3572, 2008.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.
- J.-H. He, “A coupling method of a homotopy technique and a perturbation technique for non-linear problems,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2000.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation method: a new nonlinear analytical technique,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 73–79, 2003.
- A. Zakeri, Q. Jannati, and A. Aminataei, “Application of He's homotopy perturbation method for Cauchy problem in one-dimensional nonlinear equation of diffusion,” to appeare in International Journal of Engineering Science.
- M. Ghasemi, M. Tavassoli Kajani, and A. Davari, “Numerical solution of two-dimensional nonlinear differential equation by homotopy perturbation method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 189, no. 1, pp. 341–345, 2007.
- A. Yıldırım, “Application of He's homotopy perturbation method for solving the Cauchy reaction-diffusion problem,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 612–618, 2009.
- J.-H. He, “Some asymptotic methods for strongly nonlinear equations,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1141–1199, 2006.
- J.-H. He, “Recent development of the homotopy perturbation method,” Topological Methods in Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 205–209, 2008.
- J.-H. He, “An elementary introduction to recently developed asymptotic methods and nanomechanics in textile engineering,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 22, no. 21, pp. 3487–3578, 2008.
- J. R. Munkres, Topology, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 2000.
- D. D. Ganji, “The application of He's homotopy perturbation method to nonlinear equations arising in heat transfer,” Physics Letters A, vol. 355, no. 4-5, pp. 337–341, July 2006.
- D. D. Ganji and M. Rafei, “Solitary wave solutions for a generalized Hirota-Satsuma coupled KdV equation by homotopy perturbation method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 356, no. 2, pp. 131–137, 2006.
- D. D. Ganji and A. Sadighi, “Application of He's homotopy-perturbation method to nonlinear coupled systems of reaction-diffusion equations,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 411–418, 2006.
Copyright © 2009 Ali Zakeri and Q. Jannati. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.