Research Article | Open Access
Naïma Aïssa, Kamel Hamdache, "Asymptotics of Time Harmonic Solutions to a Thin Ferroelectric Model", Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2007, Article ID 061629, 14 pages, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1155/2007/61629
Asymptotics of Time Harmonic Solutions to a Thin Ferroelectric Model
We introduce new model equations to describe the dynamics of the electric polarization in a ferroelectric material. We consider a thin cylinder representing the material with thickness and discuss the asymptotic behavior of the time harmonic solutions to the model when tends to . We obtain a reduced model settled in the cross-section of the cylinder describing the dynamics of the plane components of the polarization and electric fields.
- J. M. Greenberg, R. C. MacCamy, and C. V. Coffman, “On the long-time behavior of ferroelectric systems,” Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, vol. 134, no. 3, pp. 362–383, 1999.
- H. Ammari and K. Hamdache, “Global existence and regularity of solutions to a system of nonlinear Maxwell equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 286, no. 1, pp. 51–63, 2003.
- M. Fabrizio and A. Morro, “Models of electromagnetic materials,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 34, no. 12-13, pp. 1431–1457, 2001.
- K. Hamdache and I. Ngningone-Eya, “Existence and low frequency behaviour of time harmonic solutions to a model of ferroelectric materials,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 84, no. 7, pp. 721–736, 2005.
- F. Daví, “On domain switching in deformable ferroelectrics, seen as continua with microstructure,” Zeitschrift für angewandte mathematik und Physik, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 966–989, 2001.
- F. Daví and P. M. Mariano, “Evolution of domain walls in ferroelectric solids,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 1701–1726, 2001.
- P. Rosakis and Q. Jiang, “On the morphology of ferroelectric domains,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 1995.
- N. Aïssa, “Regularity and asymptotic behavior of thin ferroelectric materials,” submitted.
- R. Dautray and J.-L. Lions, Analyse mathématique et calcul numérique pour les sciences et les techniques, vol. 2, Masson, Paris, France, 1987, chapter 9.
- J.-C. Nédélec, Acoustic and Electromagnetic Equations, vol. 144 of Applied Mathematical Sciences, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- L. C. Evans, Partial Differential Equations, vol. 19 of Graduate Studies in Mathematics, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1998.
- J.-L. Lions, Quelques méthodes de résolution des problèmes aux limites non linéaires, Dunod, Paris, France, 1969.
- L. Tartar, “On the characterization of traces of a Sobolev space used Maxwell's equations,” in Proceedings of a Meeting, A. Y. Leroux, Ed., Bordeaux, France, November 1997.
Copyright © 2007 Naïma Aïssa and Kamel Hamdache. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.