- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 213853, 11 pages
Simulated Annealing-Based Krill Herd Algorithm for Global Optimization
1Changchun Institute of Optics, Fine Mechanics and Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun 130033, China
2Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100039, China
3Department of Civil Engineering, University of Akron, Akron, OH 44325-3905, USA
4Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Engineering Building, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
5School of Computer Science and Information Technology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130117, China
Received 27 December 2012; Accepted 1 April 2013
Academic Editor: Mohamed Tawhid
Copyright © 2013 Gai-Ge Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Wang and L. Guo, “A novel hybrid bat algorithm with harmony search for global numerical optimization,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2013, Article ID 696491, 21 pages, 2013.
- G. Wang, L. Guo, A. H. Gandomi et al., “Lévy-flight krill herd algorithm,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 682073, 14 pages, 2013.
- X. S. Yang, Nature-Inspired Metaheuristic Algorithms, Luniver Press, Frome, UK, 2nd edition, 2010.
- R.-M. Chen and C.-M. Wang, “Project scheduling heuristics-based standard PSO for task-resource assignment in heterogeneous grid,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 589862, 20 pages, 2011.
- W. Y. Zhang, S. Xu, and S. J. Li, “Necessary conditions for weak sharp minima in cone-constrained optimization problems,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 909520, 11 pages, 2012.
- H. Duan, W. Zhao, G. Wang, and X. Feng, “Test-sheet composition using analytic hierarchy process and hybrid metaheuristic algorithm TS/BBO,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 712752, 22 pages, 2012.
- X. S. Yang, A. H. Gandomi, S. Talatahari, and A. H. Alavi, Metaheuristics in Water, Geotechnical and Transport Engineering, Elsevier, Waltham, Mass, USA, 2013.
- A. H. Gandomi, X. S. Yang, S. Talatahari, and A. H. Alavi, Metaheuristic Applications in Structures and Infrastructures, Elsevier, Waltham, Mass, USA, 2013.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- X. S. Yang and A. H. Gandomi, “Bat algorithm: a novel approach for global engineering optimization,” Engineering Computations, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 464–483, 2012.
- H. Chen, Y. Zhu, and K. Hu, “Adaptive bacterial foraging optimization,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 108269, 27 pages, 2011.
- D. Simon, “Biogeography-based optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 702–713, 2008.
- T. S. J. Laseetha and R. Sukanesh, “Investigations on the synthesis of uniform linear antenna array using biogeography-based optimisation techniques,” International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 119–130, 2012.
- M. R. Lohokare, S. Devi, S. S. Pattnaik, B. K. Panigrahi, and J. G. Joshi, “Modified biogeography-based optimisation (MBBO),” International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 252–266, 2011.
- A. Hamdi and A. A. Mukheimer, “Modified Lagrangian methods for separable optimization problems,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 471854, 20 pages, 2012.
- X. Cai, S. Fan, and Y. Tan, “Light responsive curve selection for photosynthesis operator of APOA,” International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 373–379, 2012.
- L. Xie, J. Zeng, and R. A. Formato, “Selection strategies for gravitational constant G in artificial physics optimisation based on analysis of convergence properties,” International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 380–391, 2012.
- R. Storn and K. Price, “Differential evolution—a simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 341–359, 1997.
- Y. Gao and J. Liu, “Multiobjective differential evolution algorithm with multiple trial vectors,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 172041, 12 pages, 2012.
- A. H. Gandomi and A. H. Alavi, “Multi-stage genetic programming: a new strategy to nonlinear system modeling,” Information Sciences, vol. 181, no. 23, pp. 5227–5239, 2011.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948, Perth, Australia, December 1995.
- S. Gholizadeh and F. Fattahi, “Design optimization of tall steel buildings by a modified particle swarm algorithm,” The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 2012.
- S. Talatahari, M. Kheirollahi, C. Farahmandpour, and A. H. Gandomi, “A multi-stage particle swarm for optimum design of truss structures,” Neural Computing and Applications, 2012.
- C. Yang and D. Simon, “A new particle swarm optimization technique,” in Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Systems Engineering (ICSEng '05), pp. 164–169, August 2005.
- A. I. Selvakumar and K. Thanushkodi, “A new particle swarm optimization solution to nonconvex economic dispatch problems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 42–51, 2007.
- A. H. Gandomi, X.-S. Yang, and A. H. Alavi, “Cuckoo search algorithm: a metaheuristic approach to solve structural optimization problems,” Engineering with Computers, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 17–35, 2013.
- A. H. Gandomi and A. H. Alavi, “Krill herd: a new bio-inspired optimization algorithm,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 4831–4845, 2012.
- G. Wang, L. Guo, H. Wang, H. Duan, L. Liu, and J. Li, “Incorporating mutation scheme into krill herd algorithm for global numerical optimization,” Neural Computing and Applications, 2012.
- S. Kirkpatrick, C. D. Gelatt, Jr., and M. P. Vecchi, “Optimization by simulated annealing,” Science, vol. 220, no. 4598, pp. 671–680, 1983.
- S. M. Chen, A. Sarosh, and Y. F. Dong, “Simulated annealing based artificial bee colony algorithm for global numerical optimization,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 8, pp. 3575–3589, 2012.
- M. A. Tawhid, “Solution of nonsmooth generalized complementarity problems,” Journal of the Operations Research Society of Japan, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 12–24, 2011.
- X. Yao, Y. Liu, and G. Lin, “Evolutionary programming made faster,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 82–102, 1999.
- X. Li, J. Wang, J. Zhou, and M. Yin, “A perturb biogeography based optimization with mutation for global numerical optimization,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 2, pp. 598–609, 2011.
- D. Karaboga and B. Basturk, “A powerful and efficient algorithm for numerical function optimization: artificial bee colony (ABC) algorithm,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 459–471, 2007.
- X. S. Yang and S. Deb, “Engineering optimisation by cuckoo search,” International Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Optimisation, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 330–343, 2010.
- H.-G. Beyer, The Theory of Evolution Strategies, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2001.
- Z. W. Geem, J. H. Kim, and G. V. Loganathan, “A new heuristic optimization algorithm: harmony search,” Simulation, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 60–68, 2001.
- B. Shumeet, “Population-based incremental learning: a method for integrating genetic search based function optimization and competitive learning,” Tech. Rep. CMU-CS-94-163, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, 1994.
- Z. Cui, F. Gao, Z. Cui, and J. Qu, “A second nearest-neighbor embedded atom method interatomic potential for Li–Si alloys,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 207, pp. 150–159, 2012.
- Z. Cui, F. Gao, Z. Cui, and J. Qu, “Developing a second nearest-neighbor modified embedded atom method interatomic potential for lithium,” Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 20, no. 1, Article ID 015014, 2011.
- G. Wang and L. Guo, “Hybridizing harmony search with biogeography based optimization for global numerical optimization,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience. In press.
- K. Tang, X. Li, P. N. Suganthan, Z. Yang, and T. Weise, “Benchmark functions for the CEC 2010 special session and competition on large scale global optimization,” Tech. Rep., Nature Inspired Computation and Applications Laboratory, USTC, Hefei, China, 2010.
- R. Mallipeddi and P. Suganthan, “Problem definitions and evaluation criteria for the CEC 2010 competition on constrained real-parameter optimization,” Tech. Rep., Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2010.