- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 634812, 17 pages
Optimal Scheduling for Retrieval Jobs in Double-Deep AS/RS by Evolutionary Algorithms
1Department of Information Management, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taipei 106, Taiwan
2Graduate Institute of Automation and Control, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taipei 106, Taiwan
3Taiwan Information Security Center, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Received 21 January 2013; Revised 7 May 2013; Accepted 27 May 2013
Academic Editor: Jein-Shan Chen
Copyright © 2013 Kuo-Yang Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- O. V. K. Chetty and M. S. Reddy, “Genetic algorithms for studies on AS/RS integrated with machines,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 22, no. 11-12, pp. 932–940, 2003.
- W. Wang, W. Fu, M. Mingyun, D. Li, and S. Yang, “Selection of AS/RS scheduling rules based on genetic algorithm,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Automation and Logistics (ICAL '07), pp. 536–540, Jinan, China, August 2007.
- P. Asokan, J. Jerald, S. Arunachalam, and T. Page, “Application of adaptive genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimisation in scheduling of jobs and AS/RS in FMS,” International Journal of Manufacturing Research, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 393–405, 2008.
- Q. Tang and F. Xie, “An approach for picking optimization in automated warehouse,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Natural Computation (ICNC '09), pp. 362–366, August 2009.
- W. Liu, Y. Huang, and P. Ding, “Research of compound operation optimization based on partheno genetic algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on BioMedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI '10), pp. 2945–2948, October 2010.
- Y. Huang, W. Liu, P. Ding, and H. Liu, “Research on the compound operation optimization problem of AS/RS,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 5th International Conference on Bio-Inspired Computing: Theories and Applications, pp. 1130–1133, September 2010.
- W. Yan, “The study on the simulation of a distribution center operating system and optimization of equipment configuration,” in Proceedings of the Chinese Control and Decision Conference, pp. 3452–3456, May 2010.
- G. Zhou and L. Mao, “Design and simulation of storage location optimization module in AS/RS based on FLEXSIM,” International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications, vol. 2, pp. 33–40, 2010.
- M. A. Tawhid, “Nonsmooth generalized complementarity as unconstrained optimization,” Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 411–423, 2010.
- J. Zhou, N. Xiu, and J.-S. Chen, “Solution properties and error bounds for semi-infinite complementarity problems,” Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 99–115, 2013.
- J. Zhou, J.-S. Chen, and G. M. Lee, “On set-valued complementarity problems,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 105930, 11 pages, 2013.
- S. Pan, S. Bi, and J. S. Chen, “Nonsingularity conditions for FB system of reformulating nonlinear second-order cone programming,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 602735, 21 pages, 2013.
- B. Xing, W.-J. Gao, F. V. Nelwamondo, K. Battle, and T. Marwala, “Storage and retrieval machine travel route planning strategy in an automated material handling environment,” in Proceedings of the World Automation Congress, September 2010.
- W. Yang, X. Qiu, and H. Wang, “The research of hybrid scheduling model in AS/RS based on multi-agent system and Petri Net,” in Proceedings of the International Conference of Information Science and Management Engineering, pp. 120–124, August 2010.
- A. Zheng, W. Liu, C. Lu, H. Wang, and C. Song, “Modeling and optimizing research for the steel tube AS/RS system,” in Proceedings of the Chinese Control and Decision Conference, pp. 3979–3983, Mianyang, China, May 2011.
- C. Huang and S. Fu, “Research on movement control technology of Stacking Crane,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Electric Information and Control Engineering, pp. 5254–5256, April 2011.
- M. Rajkumar, P. Asokan, N. Anilkumar, and T. Page, “A GRASP algorithm for flexible job-shop scheduling problem with limited resource constraints,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 2409–2423, 2011.
- O. Casdin, P. Castagna, Z. Sari, and N. Meghelli, “Performance evaluation of in-deep class storage for flow-rack AS/RS,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 50, pp. 22–24, 2012.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, University of Michigan Press, 1975.
- M. V. Raj, S. S. Sankar, and S. G. Ponnambalam, “Genetic algorithm to optimize manufacturing system efficiency in batch selective assembly,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 57, no. 5–8, pp. 795–810, 2011.
- M. Abbasi and M. Houshmand, “Production planning and performance optimization of reconfigurable manufacturing systems using genetic algorithm,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 54, no. 1–4, pp. 373–392, 2011.
- W. Wang and Y. Koren, “Scalability planning for reconfigurable manufacturing systems,” Journal of Manufacturing Systems, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 83–91, 2012.
- K. Xing, L. Han, M. Zhou, and F. Wang, “Deadlock-free genetic scheduling algorithm for automated manufacturing systems based on deadlock control policy,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 603–615, 2012.
- O. A. Arqub, Z. Abo-Hammour, S. Momani, and N. Shawagfeh, “Solving singular two-point boundary value problems using continuous genetic algorithm,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 205391, 25 pages, 2012.
- N. K. Jerne, “The immune system,” Scientific American, vol. 229, no. 1, pp. 52–60, 1973.
- J. D. Farmer, N. H. Packard, and A. S. Perelson, “The immune system, adaptation, and machine learning,” Physica D, vol. 22, no. 1–3, pp. 187–204, 1986.
- L. Jiao and L. Wang, “A novel genetic algorithm based on immunity,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics A, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 552–561, 2000.
- J. Timmis and L. N. D. Castro, Artificial Immune Systems: A New Computational Intelligence Approach, Springer, 2002.
- S. Yang, “A comparative study of immune system based genetic algorithms in dynamic environments,” in Proceedings of the 8th Annual Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference, pp. 1377–1384, July 2006.
- L. Yan and K. Yang, “Immunity genetic algorithm based on elitist strategy and its application to the TSP problem,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Education Technology and Training and 2008 International Workshop on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 2, pp. 729–732, December 2008.
- T.-C. Chen and Y.-C. Hsieh, “Using immune-based genetic algorithms for single trader's periodic marketing problem,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 48, no. 3-4, pp. 420–428, 2008.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948, December 1995.
- F. Tao, D. Zhao, Y. Hu, and Z. Zhou, “Resource service composition and its optimal-selection based on particle swarm optimization in manufacturing grid system,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 315–327, 2008.
- M. V. Raj, S. S. Sankar, and S. G. Ponnambalam, “Particle swarm optimization algorithm to maximize assembly efficiency,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 59, no. 5–8, pp. 719–736, 2012.
- X. Li, L. Gao, and X. Wen, “Application of an efficient modified particle swarm optimization algorithm for process planning,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2012.
- T. Zhang, T. Hu, J.-W. Chen, Z. Wan, and X. Guo, “Solving bilevel multiobjective programming problem by elite quantum behaved particle swarm optimization,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 102482, 20 pages, 2012.
- V. Roberge, M. Tarbouchi, and G. Labonté, “Comparison of parallel genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimization for real-time UAV path planning,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 132–141, 2013.