- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 718603, 9 pages
Study of a Newtonian Fluid through Circular Channels with Slip Boundary Taking into Account Electrokinetic Effect
1Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Curtin University, Perth, WA 6845, Australia
2School of Mathematical Sciences, Qufu Normal University, Qufu, Shandong 273165, China
3Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Received 8 September 2013; Accepted 8 October 2013
Academic Editor: Shaoyong Lai
Copyright © 2013 Qian Sun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. E. Hunt, C. A. Desmond, D. R. Ciarlo, and W. J. Benett, “Direct bounding of micromachined silicon wafers for laser diode heat exchanger applications,” Journal of Rhelogy, vol. 1, no. 26, pp. 152–156, 1991.
- Y. J. Song and T. S. Zhao, “Modelling and testing of a thermally-driven phase-change nonmechanical micropump,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 713–719, 2001.
- D. J. Harrison, K. Fluri, K. Seiler, Z. Fan, C. S. Effenhauser, and A. Manz, “Micromachining a miniaturized capillary electrophoresis-based chemical analysis system on a chip,” Science, vol. 261, no. 5123, pp. 895–897, 1993.
- Y.-C. Su and L. Lin, “A water-powered micro drug delivery system,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 75–82, 2004.
- J. J. Nakane, M. Akeson, and A. Marziali, “Nanopores sensors for nucleic acid analysis,” Journal of Physics, vol. 15, no. 32, p. R1363, 2005.
- J. C. Slattery, Advanced Transport Phenomena, Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Y. H. Wu, B. Wiwatanapataphee, and X. Yu, “An enthalpy control volume method for transient mass and heat transport with solidification,” International Journal of Computational Fluid Dynamics, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 577–584, 2004.
- B.-Y. Cao, M. Chen, and Z.-Y. Guo, “Liquid flow in surface-nanostructured channels studied by molecular dynamics simulation,” Physical Review E, vol. 74, no. 6, Article ID 066311, 2006.
- B.-Y. Cao, M. Chen, and Z.-Y. Guo, “Velocity slip of liquid flow in nanochannels,” Acta Physica Sinica, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 5305–5310, 2006.
- L. Szalmas, “Slip-flow boundary condition for straight walls in the lattice boltzmann model-art,” Physical Review, vol. 6, p. 6710, 2006.
- J. Xu and Y. Li, “Boundary conditions at the solid-liquid surface over the multiscale channel size from nanometer to micron,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 50, no. 13-14, pp. 2571–2581, 2007.
- Y. Zhu and S. Granick, “Rate-dependent slip of Newtonian liquid at smooth surfaces,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 87, no. 9, Article ID 096105, 4 pages, 2001.
- P. Huang and K. S. Breuer, “Direct measurement of slip length in electrolyte solutions,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 19, no. 2, Article ID 028104, 2007.
- R. Pit, H. Hervet, and L. Léger, “Direct experimental evidence of slip in hexadecane: solid interfaces,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 980–983, 2000.
- Y. Christophe, B. Catherine, and C. B. Ccile, “Joseph pierre, achieving large slip with superhydrophobic surfaces:scaling laws for generic geometries,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 19, pp. 123–130, 2007.
- B. Wiwatanapataphee, D. Poltem, Y. H. Wu, and Y. Lenbury, “Simulation of pulsatile flow of blood in stenosed coronary artery bypass with graft,” Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 371–383, 2006.
- B. Wiwatanapataphee, Y. H. Wu, J. Archapitak, and P. F. Siew, “A numerical study of the turbulent flow of molten steel in a domain with a phase-change boundary,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 166, no. 1, pp. 307–309, 2004.
- Y. H. Wu and B. Wiwatanapataphee, “Modelling of turbulent flow and multi-phase heat transfer under electromagnetic force,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems B, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 695–706, 2007.
- M. T. Matthews and J. M. Hill, “Newtonian flow with nonlinear navier boundary condition,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 191, no. 3, pp. 195–217, 2007.
- S.-P. Yang and K.-Q. Zhu, “Analytical solutions for squeeze flow of Bingham fluid with Navier slip condition,” Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, vol. 138, no. 2-3, pp. 173–180, 2006.
- C. L. Rice and R. Whitehead, “Electrokinetic flow in a narrow cylindrical capillary,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 69, no. 11, pp. 4017–4024, 1965.
- S. Levine, J. R. Marriott, and K. Robinson, “Theory of electrokinetic flow in a narrow parallel-plate channel,” Journal of the Chemical Society, vol. 71, pp. 1–11, 1975.
- C. Yang, D. Li, and J. H. Masliyah, “Modeling forced liquid convection in rectangular microchannels with electrokinetic effects,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 41, no. 24, pp. 4229–4249, 1998.
- G. M. Mala, D. Q. Li, and J. D. Dale, “Heat transfer and fluid flow in microchannels,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 40, pp. 3079–3088, 1997.
- Y. H. Wu, B. Wiwatanapataphee, and M. Hu, “Pressure-driven transient flows of Newtonian fluids through microtubes with slip boundary,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 24, pp. 5979–5990, 2008.
- J. Yang and D. Y. Kwok, “Analytical treatment of flow in infinitely extended circular microchannels and the effect of slippage to increase flow efficiency,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 115–123, 2003.
- P. C. H. Li and J. D. Harrison, “Transport manipulation and reaction of biological cells on chip using electrokinetic effects,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 69, no. 8, pp. 1564–1568, 1997.
- Z. H. Fan and D. J. Harrison, “Micromachining of capillary electrophoresis injectors and separators on glass chips and evaluation of flow at capillary intersections,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 177–184, 1994.
- G. Ocvirk, M. Munroe, T. Tang, R. Oleschuk, K. Westra, and D. J. Harrison, “Electrokinetic control of fluid flow in native poly(dimethylsiloxane) capillary electrophoresis devices,” Electrophoresis, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 107–115, 2000.