- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 158436, 7 pages
Existence of Positive Solutions to Nonlinear Fractional Boundary Value Problem with Changing Sign Nonlinearity and Advanced Arguments
School of Mathematical Sciences, Qufu Normal University, Qufu, Shandong 273165, China
Received 24 March 2014; Accepted 19 June 2014; Published 9 July 2014
Academic Editor: Xinguang Zhang
Copyright © 2014 Zhaocai Hao and Yubo Huang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific, 2000.
- F. Metzler, W. Schick, H. G. Kilian, and T. F. Nonnenmacher, “Relaxation in filled polymers: a fractional calculus approach,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 103, no. 16, pp. 7180–7186, 1995.
- R. P. Agarwal, M. Benchohra, and B. Slimani, “Existence results for differential equations with fractional order and impulses,” Georgian Academy of Sciences A: Razmadze Mathematical Institute: Memoirs on Differential Equations and Mathematical Physics, vol. 44, pp. 1–21, 2008.
- E. Ahmed and H. A. El-Saka, “On fractional order models for Hepatitis C,” Nonlinear Biomedical Physics, vol. 4, article 1, 2010.
- C. Bai, “Positive solutions for nonlinear fractional differential equations with coefficient that changes sign,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods and Applications, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 677–685, 2006.
- Z. Bai, “On positive solutions of a nonlocal fractional boundary value problem,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 916–924, 2010.
- K. Diethelm and A. D. Freed, “On the solution of nonlinear fractional order differential equations used in the modeling of viscoplasticity,” in Scientific Computing in Chemical Engineering II-Computational Fluid Dynamics, Reaction Engineering and Molecular Properties, F. Keil, W. Mackens, H. Voss, and J. Werther, Eds., pp. 217–307, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 1999.
- X. Ding and Y. Jiang, “Waveform relaxation methods for fractional functional differential equations,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 573–594, 2013.
- L. Gaul, P. Klein, and S. Kemple, “Damping description involving fractional operators,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 81–88, 1991.
- T. Jankowski, “Existence of positive solutions to third order differential equations with advanced arguments and nonlocal boundary conditions,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 913–923, 2012.
- T. Jankowski, “Positive solutions for second order impulsive differential equations involving Stieltjes integral conditions,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods and Applications, vol. 74, no. 11, pp. 3775–3785, 2011.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- A. A. Kilbas and J. J. Trujillo, “Differential equations of fractional order: methods, results and problems. I,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 78, no. 1-2, pp. 153–192, 2001.
- A. A. Kilbas and J. J. Trujillo, “Differential equations of fractional order: methods, results and problems. II,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 435–493, 2002.
- R. C. Koeller, “Applications of fractional calculus to the theory of viscoelasticity,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 299–307, 1984.
- C. Kou, H. Zhou, and Y. Yan, “Existence of solutions of initial value problems for nonlinear fractional differential equations on the half-axis,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 5975–5986, 2011.
- P. Kumar and O. P. Agrawal, “An approximate method for numerical solution of fractional differential equations,” Signal Processing, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 2602–2610, 2006.
- V. Lakshmikantham, S. Leela, and J. Vasundhara, Theory of Fractional Dynamic Systems, Cambridge Academic, Cambridge, UK, 2009.
- V. Lakshmikantham and A. S. Vatsala, “Basic theory of fractional differential equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 69, no. 8, pp. 2677–2682, 2008.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Differential Equations, John Wiley and Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations: An Introduction to Fractional Derivatives, Fractional Differential Equations, to Methods of their Solution and Some of their Applications, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- I. Podlubny, “Geometric and physical interpretation of fractional integration and fractional differentiation,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 367–386, 2002.
- H. M. Srivastava and R. K. Saxena, “Operators of fractional integration and their applications,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 1–52, 2001.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “Multiple positive solutions of a singular fractional differential equation with negatively perturbed term,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 55, no. 3-4, pp. 1263–1274, 2012.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “Existence results for multiple positive solutions of nonlinear higher order perturbed fractional differential equations with derivatives,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 4, pp. 1420–1433, 2012.
- Y. Wang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “Positive solutions for a class of fractional boundary value problem with changing sign nonlinearity,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 6434–6441, 2011.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “The eigenvalue problem for a singular higher order fractional differential equation involving fractional derivatives,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 17, pp. 8526–8536, 2012.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, and Y. Wu, “The uniqueness of positive solution for a singular fractional differential system involving derivatives,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1400–1409, 2013.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, B. Wiwatanapataphee, and Y. Wu, “Positive solutions of eigenvalue problems for a class of fractional differential equations with derivatives,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 512127, 16 pages, 2012.
- X. Zhang, L. Liu, Y. Wu, and Y. Lu, “The iterative solutions of nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 9, pp. 4680–4691, 2013.