- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 714214, 11 pages
Exact Solutions of a High-Order Nonlinear Wave Equation of Korteweg-de Vries Type under Newly Solvable Conditions
College of Mathematics, Chongqing Normal University, Chongqing 401331, China
Received 31 October 2013; Accepted 7 January 2014; Published 4 March 2014
Academic Editor: Zuo-nong Zhu
Copyright © 2014 Weiguo Rui. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. S. Fokas, “On a class of physically important integrable equations,” Physica D, vol. 87, no. 1–4, pp. 145–150, 1995.
- E. Tzirtzilakis, V. Marinakis, C. Apokis, and T. Bountis, “Soliton-like solutions of higher order wave equations of the Korteweg-de Vries type,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 6151–6165, 2002.
- E. Tzirtzilakis, M. Xenos, V. Marinakis, and T. C. Bountis, “Interactions and stability of solitary waves in shallow water,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 87–95, 2002.
- J. Li, W. Rui, Y. Long, and B. He, “Travelling wave solutions for higher-order wave equations of KdV type. III,” Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 125–135, 2006.
- W. Rui, Y. Long, and B. He, “Some new travelling wave solutions with singular or nonsingular character for the higher order wave equation of KdV type (III),” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 70, no. 11, pp. 3816–3828, 2009.
- B. Fuchssteiner and A. S. Fokas, “Symplectic structures, their Bäcklund transformations and hereditary symmetries,” Physica D, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 47–66, 1981/82.
- R. Camassa and D. D. Holm, “An integrable shallow water equation with peaked solitons,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 71, no. 11, pp. 1661–1664, 1993.
- X. Wu, W. Rui, and X. Hong, “A generalized KdV equation of neglecting the highest-order infinitesimal term and its exact traveling wave solutions,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 656297, 15 pages, 2013.
- J. Li, J. Wu, and H. Zhu, “Traveling waves for an integrable higher order KdV type wave equations,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 2235–2260, 2006.
- J.-b. Li, “Dynamical understanding of loop soliton solution for several nonlinear wave equations,” Science in China A, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 773–785, 2007.
- S. A. Khuri, “Soliton and periodic solutions for higher order wave equations of KdV type. I,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 25–32, 2005.
- Y. Long, W. Rui, and B. He, “Travelling wave solutions for a higher order wave equations of KdV type. I,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 469–475, 2005.
- V. Marinakis, “Integrable third order equations of the KdV type,” Journal of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 317–332, 2010.
- V. Marinakis, “Higher-order equations of the KdV type are integrable,” Advances in Mathematical Physics, vol. 2010, Article ID 329586, 5 pages, 2010.
- M. Gandarias and M. S. Bruzon, “Conservation laws for a third order equation by using free software MAXIMA,” in Recent Researches in Engineering Education and Software Engineering, pp. 48–51, WSEAS Press, 2012.
- X. Li and M. Wang, “A sub-ODE method for finding exact solutions of a generalized KdV-mKdV equation with high-order nonlinear terms,” Physics Letters A, vol. 361, no. 1-2, pp. 115–118, 2007.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “New sets of solitary wave solutions to the KdV, mKdV, and the generalized KdV equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 331–339, 2008.
- R. R. Kumar, K. T. Chong, and J. H. Park, “Exact null controllability of KdV-Burgers equation with memory effect systems,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 531659, 20 pages, 2012.
- W. Zhang and X. Li, “Approximate damped oscillatory solutions for generalized KdV-Burgers equation and their error estimates,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 807860, 26 pages, 2011.
- J.-M. Kim and C. Chun, “New exact solutions to the KdV-Burgers-Kuramoto equation with the Exp-function method,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 892420, 10 pages, 2012.
- W. Rui, B. He, Y. Long, and C. Chen, “The integral bifurcation method and its application for solving a family of third-order dispersive PDEs,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 1256–1267, 2008.