- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 731567, 13 pages
Exact Solution for Non-Self-Similar Wave-Interaction Problem during Two-Phase Four-Component Flow in Porous Media
1Australian School of Petroleum, The University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
2Shell Global Solutions International, Rijswijk, The Netherlands
3Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Received 6 September 2013; Revised 27 December 2013; Accepted 29 December 2013; Published 12 March 2014
Academic Editor: Shuyu Sun
Copyright © 2014 S. Borazjani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Courant and K. O. Friedrichs, Supersonic Flow and Shock Waves, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1976.
- I. M. Gel'fand, “Some problems in the theory of quasi-linear equations,” Uspekhi Matematicheskikh Nauk, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 87–158, 1959.
- A. G. Kulikovskii, N. V. Pogorelov, and A. Yu. Semenov, Mathematical Aspects of Numerical Solution of Hyperbolic Systems, vol. 118, Chapman & Hall/CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2001.
- B. L. Rozhdestvenski and N. N. Ianenko, Systems of Quasilinear Equations and Their Application to the Dynamics of Gases, vol. 55, American Mathematical Society, 1983.
- G. B. Whitham, Linear and Nonlinear Waves, vol. 42, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2011.
- A. Kulikovskii and E. Sveshnikova, Nonlinear Waves in Elastic Media, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1995.
- J. D. Logan, An Introduction to Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, vol. 93, John Wiley & Sons, Hobokon, NJ, USA, 2010.
- H. K. Rhee, R. Aris, and N. R. Amundson, First-Order Partial Differential Equations: Theory and Application of Hyperbolic Systems of Quasilinear Equations, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- L. W. Lake, Enhanced Oil Recovery, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1989.
- P. Bedrikovetsky, Mathematical Theory of Oil and Gas Recovery: With Applications to Ex-USSR Oil and Gas Fields, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, Mass, USA, 1993.
- T. Johansen, A. Tveito, and R. Winther, “A Riemann solver for a two-phase multicomponent process,” SIAM Journal on Scientific and Statistical Computing, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 846–879, 1989.
- T. Johansen and R. Winther, “The Riemann problem for multicomponent polymer flooding,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 908–929, 1989.
- R. Johns and F. M. Orr Jr., “Miscible gas displacement of multicomponent oils,” SPE Journal, vol. 1, pp. 39–50, 1996.
- F. M. Orr Jr., Theory of Gas Injection Processes, Tie-Line Publications, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2007.
- P. Bedrikovetsky, “Displacement of oil by a chemical slug with water drive,” Journal of Fluid Dynamics, vol. 3, pp. 102–111, 1982.
- V. G. Danilov and D. Mitrovic, “Smooth approximations of global in time solutions to scalar conservation laws,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2009, Article ID 350762, 26 pages, 2009.
- F. Fayers, “Some theoretical results concerning the displacement of a viscous oil by a hot fluid in a porous medium,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 13, pp. 65–76, 1962.
- E. L. Claridge and P. L. Bondor, “A graphical method for calculating linear displacement with mass transfer and continuously changing mobilities,” SPE Journal, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 609–618, 1974.
- G. J. Hirasaki, “Application of the theory of multicomponent, multiphase displacement to three-component, two-phase surfactant flooding,” SPE Journal, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 191–204, 1981.
- G. A. Pope, L. W. Lake, and F. G. Helfferich, “Cation exchange in chemical flooding—part 1: basic theory without dispersion,” SPE Journal, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 418–434, 1978.
- G. I. Barenblatt, V. M. Entov, and V. M. Ryzhik, Theory of Fluid Flows through Natural Rocks, Kluwer Academic Publishers, London, UK, 1989.
- G. S. Braginskaya and V. M. Entov, “Nonisothermal displacement of oil by a solution of an active additive,” Fluid Dynamics, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 873–880, 1980.
- O. Dahl, T. Johansen, A. Tveito, and R. Winther, “Mulicomponent chromatography in a two phase environment,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 65–104, 1992.
- T. Johansen, Y. Wang, F. M. Orr Jr., and B. Dindoruk, “Four-component gas/oil displacements in one dimension—part I: global triangular structure,” Transport in Porous Media, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 59–76, 2005.
- T. Johansen and R. Winther, “The solution of the Riemann problem for a hyperbolic system of conservation laws modeling polymer flooding,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 541–566, 1988.
- P. Bedrikovetsky and M. Chumak, “Riemann problem for two-phase four-and morecomponent displacement (Ideal Mixtures),” in Proceedings of the 3rd European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery, 1992.
- V. Entov, F. Turetskaya, and D. Voskov, “On approximation of phase equilibria of multicomponent hydrocarbon mixtures and prediction of oil displacement by gas injection,” in Proceedings of the 8th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery, 2002.
- V. Entov and D. Voskov, “On oil displacement by gas injection,” in Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery, 2000.
- R. T. Johns, B. Dindoruk, and F. M. Orr Jr., “Analytical theory of combined condensing/vaporizing gas drives,” SPE Advanced Technology Series, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 7–16, 1993.
- C. Wachmann, “A mathematical theory for the displacement of oil and water by alcohol,” Old SPE Journal, vol. 4, pp. 250–266, 1964.
- A. Zick, “A combined condensing/vaporizing mechanism in the displacement of oil by enriched gases,” in Proceedings of the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, 1986.
- O. M. Alishaeva, V. M. Entov, and A. F. Zazovskii, “Structures of the conjugate saturation and concentration discontinuities in the displacement of oil by a solution of an active material,” Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 675–682, 1982.
- S. Geiger, K. S. Schmid, and Y. Zaretskiy, “Mathematical analysis and numerical simulation of multi-phase multi-component flow in heterogeneous porous media,” Current Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 147–155, 2012.
- K. S. Schmid, S. Geiger, and K. S. Sorbie, “Analytical solutions for co- and counter-current imbibition of sorbing, dispersive solutes in immiscible two-phase flow,” in Proceedings of the 12th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery, 2012.
- A. P. Pires, P. G. Bedrikovetsky, and A. A. Shapiro, “A splitting technique for analytical modelling of two-phase multicomponent flow in porous media,” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 51, no. 1-2, pp. 54–67, 2006.
- A. P. Pires, Splitting between thermodynamics and hydrodynamics in the processes of enhanced oil recovery [Ph.D. thesis], Laboratory of Petroleum Exploration and Production, North Fluminense State University UENF, 2003.
- H.-K. Rhee, R. Aris, and N. R. Amundson, “On the theory of multicomponent chromatography,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 267, no. 1182, pp. 419–455, 1970.
- V. M. Entov and A. F. Zazovskii, “Displacement of oil by a solution of an active and a passive additive,” Fluid Dynamics, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 876–884, 1982.
- C. B. Cardoso, R. C. A. Silva, and A. P. Pires, “The role of adsorption isotherms on chemical-flooding oil recovery,” in Proceedings of the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE '07), pp. 773–780, November 2007.
- B. Vicente, V. Priimenko, and A. Pires, “Streamlines simulation of polymer slugs injection in petroleum reservoirs,” in Proceedings of the SPE Latin America and Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference, 2012.
- S. Oladyshkin and M. Panfilov, “Splitting the thermodynamlics and hydrodynamics in compositional gas-liquid flow through porous reservoirs,” in Proceedings of the 10th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery, 2006.
- P. M. Ribeiro and A. P. Pires, “The displacement of oil by polymer slugs considering adsorption effects,” in Proceedings of the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE '08), pp. 851–865, September 2008.
- P. Bedrikovetski, A. Pires, and A. Shapiro, “Conservation law system for two-phase n-component flow in porous media: splitting between thermodynamics and hydrodynamics,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Congress on Hyperbolic Problems Theory, 2004.
- A. Pires, P. Bedrikovetsky, and A. Shapiro, “Splitting between thermodynamics and hydrodynamics in compositional modelling,” in Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery, 2004.