- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 762184, 15 pages
Comparison of the Finite Volume and Lattice Boltzmann Methods for Solving Natural Convection Heat Transfer Problems inside Cavities and Enclosures
1Department of Software Engineering, Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3Department of Mechanical Engineering, Najafabad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Isfahan, Iran
4School of Mechanical and Mining Engineering, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Received 28 September 2013; Revised 22 November 2013; Accepted 24 November 2013; Published 9 February 2014
Academic Editor: Mohamed Fathy El-Amin
Copyright © 2014 M. Goodarzi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M. R. Safaei, O. Mahian, F. Garoosi, K. Hooman, A. Karimipour, S. N. Kazi, and S. Gharehkhani, “Investigation of Micro- and Nanosized Particle Erosion in a 90° Pipe Bend Using a Two-Phase Discrete Phase Model,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- M. Goodarzi, M. R. Safaei, Hakan F. Oztop, A. Karimipour, E. Sadeghinezhad, M. Dahari, S. N. Kazi, and N. Jomhari, “Numerical Study of Entropy Generation due to Coupled Laminar and Turbulent Mixed Convection and Thermal Radiation in an Enclosure Filled with a Semitransparent Medium,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Zahra Nikkhah, Arash Karimipour, Mohammad Reza Safaei, Pezhman Forghani-Tehrani, Marjan Goodarzi, Mahidzal Dahari, and Somchai Wongwises, “Forced convective heat transfer of water/functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotube nanofluids in a microchannel with oscillating heat flux and slip boundary condition,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 2015.
- Shahaboddin Shamshirband, Amir Malvandi, Arash Karimipour, Marjan Goodarzi, Masoud Afrand, Dalibor Petkovic, Mahidzal Dahari, and Naghmeh Mahmoodian, “Performance investigation of micro and nano-sized particle erosion in a 90° elbow using an ANFIS model,” Powder Technology, 2015.
- Seyyed Mahmood Aboulhasan Alavi, Mohammad Reza Safaei, Omid Mahian, Marjan Goodarzi, Hooman Yarmand, Mahidzal Dahari, and Somchai Wongwises, “A Hybrid Finite-Element/Finite-Difference Scheme for Solving the 3-D Energy Equation in Transient Nonisothermal Fluid Flow over a Staggered Tube Bank,” Numerical Heat Transfer, Part B: Fundamentals, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 169–183, 2015.
- Arash Karimipour, Alireza Hossein Nezhad, Annunziata D’Orazio, Mohammad Hemmat Esfe, Mohammad Reza Safaei, and Ebrahim Shirani, “Simulation of copper–water nanofluid in a microchannel in slip flow regime using the lattice Boltzmann method,” European Journal of Mechanics - B/Fluids, vol. 49, pp. 89–99, 2015.
- Mohammad Safaei, Goodarz Ahmadi, Mohammad Goodarzi, Amin Kamyar, and S. Kazi, “Boundary Layer Flow and Heat Transfer of FMWCNT/Water Nanofluids over a Flat Plate,” Fluids, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 31, 2016.
- Mehdi Nojoomizadeh, and Arash Karimipour, “The effects of porosity and permeability on fluid flow and heat transfer of multi walled carbon nano tubes suspended in oil (MWCNT/Oil nano fluid) in a microchannel filled with a porous medium,” Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, 2016.
- Arash Karimipour, Abdolmajid Taghipour, and Amir Malvandi, “Developing the laminar MHD forced convection flow of water/FMWNT carbon nanotubes in a microchannel imposed the uniform heat flux,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 2016.
- Omid Ali Akbari, Davood Toghraie, and Arash Karimipour, “Numerical simulation of heat transfer and turbulent flow of water nanofluids copper oxide in rectangular microchannel with semi-attached rib,” Advances In Mechanical Engineering, vol. 8, no. 4, 2016.
- Prasun Dutta, Sumit Kumar Saha, Nityananda Nandi, and Nairit Pal, “Numerical study on flow separation in 90° pipe bend under high Reynolds number by k-ε modelling,” Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, 2016.