- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Civil Engineering
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 963502, 12 pages
Effect of Reduced Zone on Time-Dependent Analysis of Tunnels
Building and Construction Engineering Department, University of Technology, Baghdad, Iraq
Received 28 July 2010; Revised 29 November 2010; Accepted 27 March 2011
Academic Editor: Manolis Papadrakakis
Copyright © 2011 Mohammed Y. Fattah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Lunardi, Design and Construction of Tunnels—Analysis of Controlled Deformation in Rocks and Soils, ADECO-RS, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008, Translation by B. A. James Davis (hons).
- S. Varadakos, Distinct element of the shimizu tunnel No. 3 in Japan, M.S. thesis, Virginia Polytechnic, Blacksburg, Va, USA, 2003.
- E. H. Davis, M. J. Gunn, R. J. Mair, and H. N. Seneviratne, “Stability of shallow tunnels and underground openings in cohesive material,” Geotechnique, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 397–416, 1980.
- R. J. Mair, Centrifugal modeling of tunnel construction in soft clay, Ph.D. thesis, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, 1979.
- A. G. Bloodworth, Three-dimensional analysis of tunneling effects on structures to develop design methods, Ph.D. thesis, University of Oxford, 2002.
- C. Sagaseta, “Analysis of undrained soil deformation due to ground loss,” Geotechnique, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 301–320, 1987.
- L. Chow, Prediction of surface settlement due to tunneling in soft ground, M.S. thesis, University of Oxford, 1994.
- J. P. Carter, “Semi-analytical solution for swelling around a borehole,” International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 197–212, 1988.
- R. J. Mair and R. N. Taylor, “Prediction of clay behavior around tunnels using elasticity solutions,” in Proceedings of Predictive Soil Mechanics Worth Memorial Symposium, pp. 449–463, Oxford, UK, 1993.
- A. Verruijt and J. R. Booker, “Surface settlements due to deformation of a tunnel in an elastic half plane,” Geotechnique, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 753–756, 1996.
- W. I. Chou and A. Bobet, “Predictions of ground deformations in shallow tunnels in clay,” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 3–19, 2002.
- R. B. Peck, “Deep Excavations and Tunneling in Soft Ground,” in Proceeding of the 7th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, pp. 225–290, Mexico City, Mexico, 1969.
- W. Rankin, “Ground movements resulting from urban tunneling prediction and effects,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Conference of the Engineering Group of the Geological Society, pp. 79–92, London Geological Society, 1988.
- D. M. Potts and L. Zdravkovic, Finite Element Analysis in Geotechnical Engineering Application, Thomas Telford, 2001.
- A. M. Britto and M. J. Gunn, Critical State Soil Mechanics via Finite Elements, John Wiely & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- NCCLR, “Subsoil investigation for Baghdad metro line,” Tech. Rep., National Center of Construction Laboratories and Research, Baghdad, Iraq, 1986.
- W. Zhu, S. Li, S. Li, W. Chen, and C. F. Lee, “Systematic numerical simulation of rock tunnel stability considering different rock conditions and construction effects,” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 531–536, 2003.
- K. M. Lee and R. K. Rowe, “Deformations caused by surface loading and tunnelling: the role of elastic anisotropy,” Geotechnique, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 125–140, 1989.
- K. Y. Lo and R. K. Rowe, “Prediction of ground subsidence due to tunneling in clays,” Tech. Rep. GEOT-10-82, University of Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada, 1982.
- R. M. C. Ng and K. Y. Lo, “The measurements of soil parameters relevant to tunnelling in clays,” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 375–391, 1985.
- T. I. Addenbrook, Numerical analysis of tunneling in stiff clay, Ph.D. thesis, Imperial College, University of London, 1996.
- P. F. M. Guedes and S. C. Pereira, “The role of the soil k0 value in numerical analysis of shallow tunnels,” in Proceeding of the International Symposium on Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Construction in Soft Ground, pp. 379–384, Balkema, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 2000.
- M. Dolezalova, “Approaches to numerical modeling of ground movements due to shallow tunneling,” Soil Interaction in Urban Civil Engineering, vol. 2, pp. 365–373, 2002.
- G. T. K. Lee and C. W. W. Ng, “Three-dimensional analysis of ground settlements due to tunneling: role of k0 and stiffness anisotropy,” in Proceeding of the International Symposium on Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Construction in Soft Ground, pp. 617–622, Specifique, Lyon, France, 2002.
- T. I. Addenbrooke, D. M. Potts, and A. M. Puzrin, “The influence of pre-failure soil stiffness on the numerical analysis of tunnel construction,” Geotechnique, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 693–712, 1997.