- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 494271, 7 pages
Novel Adaptive Bacteria Foraging Algorithms for Global Optimization
Department of Automatic Control & Systems Engineering, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield S1 3JD, UK
Received 5 August 2013; Revised 11 February 2014; Accepted 20 February 2014; Published 25 March 2014
Academic Editor: Cheng-Jian Lin
Copyright © 2014 Ahmad N. K. Nasir et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. M. Passino, “Biomimicry of bacterial foraging for distributed optimization and control,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 52–67, 2002.
- S. Mishra, “A hybrid least square-fuzzy bacterial foraging strategy for harmonic estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 61–73, 2005.
- H. Supriyono and M. O. Tokhi, “Adaptation schemes of chemotactic step size of bacterial foraging algorithm for faster convergence,” Journal of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 207–219, 2011.
- C. Venkaiah and D. M. Vinod Kumar, “Fuzzy adaptive bacterial foraging congestion management using sensitivity based optimal active power re-scheduling of generators,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 4921–4930, 2011.
- R. Majhi, G. Panda, B. Majhi, and G. Sahoo, “Efficient prediction of stock market indices using adaptive bacterial foraging optimization (ABFO) and BFO based techniques,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 10097–10104, 2009.
- S. Dasgupta, S. Das, A. Abraham, and A. Biswas, “Adaptive computational chemotaxis in bacterial foraging optimization: an analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 919–941, 2009.
- Y. Chen and W. Lin, “An improved bacterial foraging optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO '09), pp. 2057–2062, Guangxi, China, December 2009.
- I. A. Farhat and M. E. El-Hawary, “Modified bacterial foraging algorithm for optimum economic dispatch,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Electrical Power and Energy Conference (EPEC '09), pp. 1–6, Montreal Quebec, Canada, October 2009.
- W. Huang and W. Lin, “Parameter estimation of Wiener model based on improved bacterial foraging optimization,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Computational Intelligence (AICI '10), pp. 174–178, Sanya, China, October 2010.
- Y. Chu, H. Mi, H. Liao, Z. Ji, and Q. H. Wu, “A fast bacterial swarming algorithm for high-dimensional function optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '08), pp. 3135–3140, Hong Kong, China, June 2008.
- B. Niu, Y. Fan, P. Zhao, B. Xue, L. Li, and Y. Chai, “A novel bacterial foraging optimizer with linear decreasing chemotaxis step,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Intelligent Systems and Applications (ISA '10), pp. 1–4, Wuhan, China, May 2010.
- X. Yan, Y. Zhu, H. Chen, and H. Zhang, Improved Bacterial Foraging Optimization with Social Cooperation and Adaptive Step Size, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2012.
- X. Xu, Y. H. Liu, A. M. Wang, G. Wang, and H. L. Chen, “A new adaptive bacterial swarm algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Natural Computing (ICNC '12), pp. 991–995, Chongqing, China, May 2012.
- S. F. Toha, S. Julai, and M. O. Tokhi, “Ant colony based model prediction of a twin rotor system,” Procedia Engineering, vol. 41, pp. 1135–1144, 2012.