- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 812463, 7 pages
Influence of Energy and Temperature in Cluster Coalescence Induced by Deposition
1Departamento de Física y Química Aplicadas a la Técnica Aeronáutica, EIAE, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), 28040 Madrid, Spain
2Departamento de Física Aplicada III (Electricidad y Electrónica), Facultad de Ciencias Físicas, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM), 28040 Madrid, Spain
Received 8 November 2012; Accepted 27 November 2012
Academic Editor: Dilip Kanhere
Copyright © 2012 J. C. Jiménez-Sáez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Arcidiacono, N. R. Bieri, D. Poulikakos, and C. P. Grigoropoulos, “On the coalescence of gold nanoparticles,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, vol. 30, no. 7-8, pp. 979–994, 2004.
- E. Blaisten-Barojas and M. R. Zachariah, “Molecular-dynamics study of cluster growth by cluster-cluster collisions,” Physical Review B, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 4403–4408, 1992.
- M. M. Mariscal, S. A. Dassie, and E. P. M. Leiva, “Collision as a way of forming bimetallic nanoclusters of various structures and chemical compositions,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 123, no. 18, Article ID 184505, pp. 1–6, 2005.
- G. Li, Q. Wang, T. Liu, K. Wang, and J. He, “Molecular dynamics simulation of the melting and coalescence in the mixed Cu-Ni nanoclusters,” Journal of Cluster Science, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 45–55, 2010.
- F. A. Nichols and W. W. Mullins, “Morphological changes of a surface of revolution due to capillarity-induced surface diffusion,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1826–1835, 1965.
- P. Jensen, “Growth of nanostructures by cluster deposition: experiments and simple models,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 1695–1735, 1999.
- A. Perez, P. Melinon, V. Dupuis et al., “Cluster assembled materials: a novel class of nanostructured solids with original structures and properties,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 709–721, 1997.
- F. F. Lange and B. J. Kellett, “Thermodynamics of densification: II. Grain growth in porous compacts and relation to densification,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 735–741, 1989.
- R. Theissmann, M. Fendrich, R. Zinetullin, G. Guenther, G. Schierning, and D. E. Wolf, “Crystallographic reorientation and nanoparticle coalescence,” Physical Review B, vol. 78, no. 20, Article ID 205413, 10 pages, 2008.
- J. C. Cezar, H. C. N. Tolentino, and M. Knobel, “Structural, magnetic, and transport properties of Co nanoparticles within a Cu matrix,” Physical Review B, vol. 68, no. 5, Article ID 054404, 10 pages, 2003.
- M. Parrinello and A. Rahman, “Polymorphic transitions in single crystals: a new molecular dynamics method,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 7182–7190, 1981.
- N. A. Levanov, V. S. Stepanyuk, W. Hergert et al., “Energetics of Co adatoms on the Cu(001) surface,” Physical Review B, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 2230–2234, 2000.
- C. K. Chen and S. C. Chang, “Modelling transport phenomena and epitaxial behaviours of cluster-surface collisions via molecular dynamics simulations,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 20, pp. 5051–5062, 2006.
- W. G. Hoover, “Canonical dynamics: equilibrium phase-space distributions,” Physical Review A, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 1695–1697, 1985.
- O. Kitakami, H. Sato, Y. Shimada, F. Sato, and M. Tanaka, “Size effect on the crystal phase of cobalt fine particles,” Physical Review B, vol. 56, no. 21, pp. 13849–13854, 1997.
- S. C. Hendy and B. D. Hall, “Molecular dynamics simulations of lead clusters,” Physical Review B, vol. 64, Article ID 085425, 11 pages, 2001.
- C. Jiménez-Sáez, A. M. C. Pérez-Martín, and J. J. Jiménez-Rodríguez, “Dependence on temperature and energy of the heteroepitaxy of small metallic nanoclusters,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 11, pp. 8712–8717, 2011.
- J. C. Jiménez-Sáez, A. M. C. Pérez-Martín, and J. J. Jiménez-Rodríguez, “Epitaxy of softly deposited small Co nanoclusters on Cu(001) surfaces,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 205, pp. 1330–1336, 2008.
- C. L. Cleveland, W. D. Luedtke, and U. Landman, “Melting of gold clusters,” Physical Review B, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 5065–5077, 1999.
- J. C. Jiménez-Sáez, A. M. C. Pérez-Martín, and J. J. Jiménez-Rodríguez, “Nanoparticle heterocoalescence induced by deposition,” Physica Status Solidi C, vol. 7, pp. 2600–2603, 2010.
- K. Meinander, J. Frantz, K. Nordlund, and J. Keinonen, “Upper size limit of complete contact epitaxy,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 425, no. 1-2, pp. 297–303, 2003.
- F. J. Palacios, M. P. Iñiguez, M. J. López, and J. A. Alonso, “Molecular-dynamics study of the structural rearrangements of Cu and Au clusters softly deposited on a Cu(001) surface,” Physical Review B, vol. 60, pp. 2908–2915, 1999.
- T. T. Järvi, A. Kuronen, K. Meinander, K. Nordlund, and K. Albe, “Contact epitaxy by deposition of Cu, Ag, Au, Pt, and Ni nanoclusters on (100) surfaces: size limits and mechanisms,” Physical Review B, vol. 75, no. 11, Article ID 115422, 11 pages, 2007.
- F. Cleri and V. Rosato, “Tight-binding potentials for transition metals and alloys,” Physical Review B, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 22–33, 1993.
- A. J. Haslam, D. Moldovan, S. R. Phillpot, D. Wolf, and H. Gleiter, “Combined atomistic and mesoscale simulation of grain growth in nanocrystalline thin films,” Computational Materials Science, vol. 23, no. 1–4, pp. 15–32, 2002.