- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Human-Computer Interaction
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 343197, 11 pages
Analysis of User Requirements in Interactive 3D Video Systems
I-Lab, Multimedia Communications Research, Centre for Vision, Speech and Signal Processing, University of Surrey, Guildford Gu2 7XH, UK
Received 29 March 2012; Revised 1 August 2012; Accepted 16 August 2012
Academic Editor: Kiyoshi Kiyokawa
Copyright © 2012 Haiyue Yuan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Yuan, J. Ćalić, and A. Kondoz, “User requirements elicitation of stereoscopic 3d video interaction,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME '12), 2012.
- T. Karrer, M. Weiss, E. Lee, and J. Borchers, “Dragon: a direct manipulation interface for frame-accurate in-scene video navigation,” in Proceedings of the twenty-sixth annual SIGCHI conference on CHI (CHI '08), pp. 247–250, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- P. Dragicevic, G. Ramos, J. Bibliowicz, et al., “Video browsing by direct manipulation,” in Proceedings of the 26th Annual SIGCHI Conference on CHI (CHI '08), pp. 237–246, ACM, New York, NY, USA, April 2008.
- D. B. Goldman, C. Gonterman, B. Curless, D. Salesin, and S. M. Seitz, “Video object annotation, navigation, and composition,” in Proceedings of the 21st ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST '08), pp. 3–12, October 2008.
- D. A. Bowman, S. Coquillart, B. Froehlich et al., “3D user interfaces: new directions and perspectives,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 20–36, 2008.
- S. Zhai, W. Buxton, and P. I. Milgram, “The Silk cursor: investigating transparency for 3D target acquisition,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '94), pp. 459–464, April 1994.
- J. Boritz and K. S. Booth, “Study of interactive 6 DOF docking in a computerized virtual environment,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Virtual Reality Annual International Symposium (VRAIS '98), pp. 139–146, March 1998.
- G. S. Hubona, P. N. Wheeler, G. W. Shirah, and M. Brandt, “The relative contributions of stereo, lighting, and background scenes in promoting 3d depth visualization,” ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, vol. 6, pp. 214–242, 1999.
- M. Fujimoto and Y. Ishibashi, “The effect of stereoscopic viewing of a virtual space on a networked game using haptic media,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGCHI International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology (ACE '04), pp. 317–320, June 2005.
- R. J. Teather and W. Stuerzlinger, “Guidelines for 3D positioning techniques,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Future Play (Future Play ’07), pp. 61–68, ACM, November 2007.
- M. C. Park, S. K. Kim, and J. Y. Son, “3D TV interface by an intelligent remote controller,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on 3DTV (3DTV-CON '07), pp. 1–4, May 2007.
- M. Tamai, W. Wu, K. Nahrstedt, and K. Yasumoto, “A view control interface for 3D tele-immersive environments,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, pp. 1101–1104, June 2008.
- J. Ki and Y. M. Kwon, “3D gaze estimation and interaction,” in Proceedings of the 3DTV-Conference: The True Vision—Capture, Transmission and Display of 3D Video (3DTV-CON '08), pp. 373–376, May 2008.
- F. Stenicke, T. Ropinski, G. Bruder, and K. Hinrichs, “Interscopic user interface concepts for fish tank virtual reality systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Virtual Reality Conference (VR '07), pp. 27–34, March 2007.
- J. Schöning, F. Steinicke, A. Krüger, uger, K. Hinrichs, and D. Valkov, “Bimanual interaction with interscopic multi-touch surfaces,” in Proceedings of the 12th IFIP TC 13 International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction: Part II (INTERACT '09), pp. 40–53, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2009.
- I Poupyrev, M. Billinghurst, S. Weghorst, and T. Ichikawa, “The go-go interaction technique: nonlinear mapping for direct manipulation in vr,” in Proceedings of the 9th annual ACM symposium on UIST (UIST ’96), pp. 79–80, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- Y. Rogers, H. Sharp, and J. Preece, Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer Interaction, John Wiley & Sons, 2002.
- D. A. Bowman, E. Kruijff, J. J. LaViola, and I. Poupyrev, 3D User Interfaces: Theory and Practice, Addison Wesley Longman, Redwood City, Calif, USA, 2004.
- A. Steed, “Towards a general model for selection in virtual environments,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces (3DUI '06), pp. 103–110, March 2006.
- R. J. Teather and W. Stuerzlinger, “Pointing at 3D targets in a stereo head-tracked virtual environment,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces (3DUI '11), pp. 87–94, March 2011.
- A. Douglas Bowman, Interaction techniques for common tasks in immersive virtual environments: design, evaluation, and application [Ph.D. thesis], Atlanta, Ga, USA, 1999, AAI9953819.
- OGRE, http://www.ogre3d.org/.
- WiiYourself! Native C++Wiimote Library v1.15 RC3, http://wiiyourself.gl.tter.org/.
- D. Valkov, F. Steinicke, G. Bruder, and K. Hinrichs, “2D touching of 3D stereoscopic objects,” in Proceedings of the 29th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '11), pp. 1353–1362, May 2011.