- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 479634, 8 pages
A Fractional Anomalous Diffusion Model and Numerical Simulation for Sodium Ion Transport in the Intestinal Wall
School of Mathematics, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
Received 17 May 2013; Accepted 1 July 2013
Academic Editor: Changpin Li
Copyright © 2013 Bo Yu and Xiaoyun Jiang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Karmakar and G. Jayaraman, “Linear diffusion of lead in the intestinal wall: A Theoretical Study,” IMA Journal of Mathematics Applied in Medicine and Biology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 33–43, 1988.
- W. M. Armstrong, “Cellular mechanisms of ion transport in the small intestine,” Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract 2, pp. 1251–1266, 1987.
- S. G. Schultz, “Principles of electrophysiology and their application to epithelial tissues, gastrointestinal physiology,” in Gastrointestinal Physiology, pp. 87–91, Butterworth, London, UK, 1974.
- S. G. Schultz and P. F. Curran, Handbook of Physiology, vol. 3, Section 6, 1968.
- M. S. Fadali, J. W. Steadman, and R. G. Jacquot, “A model of water absorption in human intestine,” Biomedical Sciences Instrumentation, vol. 16, pp. 49–53, 1980.
- B. A. Hills, “Linear bulk diffusion into heterogeneous tissue,” The Bulletin of Mathematical Biophysics, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 47–59, 1968.
- M. Varadharajan and G. Jayaraman, “Sodium ion transport in the intestinal wall: a mathematical model,” IMA Journal of Mathematical Medicine and Biology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 193–205, 1994.
- D. Baleanu, A. K. Golmankhaneh, R. Nigmatullin, and A. K. Golmankhaneh, “Fractional Newtonian mechanics,” Central European Journal of Physics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 120–125, 2010.
- J. Singh, P. K. Gupta, and K. N. Rai, “Solution of fractional bioheat equations by finite difference method and HPM,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 54, no. 9-10, pp. 2316–2325, 2011.
- R. Metzler and J. Klafter, “The random walk's guide to anomalous diffusion: a fractional dynamics approach,” Physics Reports, vol. 339, no. 1, pp. 1–77, 2000.
- R. Metzler and J. Klafter, “The restaurant at the end of the random walk: recent developments in the description of anomalous transport by fractional dynamics,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 37, no. 31, pp. R161–R208, 2004.
- R. L. Magin, S. C. Boregowda, and C. Deodhar, “Modeling of pulsating peripheral bio-Heat transferusing fractional calculus and constructal theory,” International Journal of Design, Nature, and Ecodynamics, vol. 1, no. 18, pp. 18–33, 2007.
- X. Y. Jiang and H. T. Qi, “Thermal wave model of bioheat transfer with modified Riemann-Liouville fractional derivative,” Journal of Physics, vol. 45, no. 48, 10 pages, 2012.
- W. C. Tan, C. Fu, C. Fu, W. Xie, and H. Cheng, “An anomalous subdiffusion model for calcium spark in cardiac myocytes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 18, 3 pages, 2007.
- R. G. Larson, The Structure and Rheology of Complex Fluids, vol. 2, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- R. L. Magin, “Fractional calculus models of complex dynamics in biological tissues,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1586–1593, 2010.
- X. Y. Jiang, M. Y. Xu, and H. T. Qi, “The fractional diffusion model with an absorption term and modified Fick's law for non-local transport processes,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 262–269, 2010.
- R. I. Macey, Membrane Physiology, Plenum, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1980.
- D. E. Goldman, “Potential, impedence, and rectification in membranes,” The Journal of General Physiology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 37–60, 1943.
- K. S. Cole, “Electrodiffusion models for the membrane of squid giant axon,” Physiological Reviews, vol. 45, pp. 340–379, 1965.
- M. M. Meerschaert and C. Tadjeran, “Finite difference approximations for fractional advection-dispersion flow equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 172, no. 1, pp. 65–77, 2004.
- C. Li and F. Zeng, “Finite difference methods for fractional differential equations,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 22, no. 4, 2012.
- O. Muller, “The quantitation of the rat gastric mucosa by morphometric methods,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, Supplement, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 1984.
- M. Y. Xu and G. L. Zhao, “Nonisotonic reabsorption of water and steady state distribution of sodiumion in renal descending limb of Henle,” Acta Mechanica Sinica, vol. 1, no. 3, 1986.
- F. O. Lauterbach, Intestinal Transport, University Park Press, 1976.