- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 717659, 6 pages
An Enhanced Fractional Order Model of Ionic Polymer-Metal Composites Actuator
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica Elettronica ed Informatica, University of Catania, Viale A. Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Received 11 May 2013; Accepted 17 July 2013
Academic Editor: J. A. Tenreiro Machado
Copyright © 2013 R. Caponetto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Bar-Cohen, “Electro-active polymers: current capabilities and challenges,” in Proceedings of the SPIE Smart Structures and Materials Symposium, EAPAD Conference, pp. 4695–4702, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2002.
- M. Shahinpoor and K. J. Kim, “Ionic polymer-metal composites—I. Fundamentals,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 819–833, 2001.
- M. Shahinpoor and K. J. Kim, “Ionic polymer-metal composites—4. Industrial and medical applications,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 197–214, 2005.
- C. Bonomo, P. Brunetto, L. Fortuna, P. Giannone, S. Graziani, and S. Strazzeri, “A tactile sensor for biomedical applications based on IPMCs,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 1486–1493, 2008.
- A. Punning, M. Anton, M. Kruusmaa, and A. Aabloo, “An engineering approach to reduced power consumption of IPMC (Ion-Polymer Metal Composite) actuators,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Advanced Robotics (ICAR '05), pp. 856–863, July 2005.
- D. J. Leo, K. Farinholt, and T. Wallmersperger, “Computational models of ionic transport and electromechanical transduction in ionomeric polymer transducers,” in Proceedings of the Smart Structures and Materials, Electroactive Polymer Actuators and Devices (EAPAD '05), pp. 170–181, March 2005.
- S. Nemat-Nasser and J. Y. Li, “Electromechanical response of ionic polymer-metal composites,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 87, no. 7, pp. 3321–3331, 2000.
- R. Caponetto, V. De Luca, S. Graziani, F. Sapuppo, and E. Umana, “A multi-physics model of an IPMC actuator in the electrical, chemical, mechanical and thermal domains,” in Proceedings of the SMACD, Seville, Spain, 2012.
- R. Kanno, A. Kurata, and M. Hattori, “Characteristics and modeling of ICPF actuator,” in Proceedings of the Japan-USA Symposium on Flexible Automation, vol. 2, pp. 691–698, 1994.
- Y. Xiao and K. Bhattacharya, “Modeling electromechanical properties of ionic polymers,” in Proceedings of the Electroactive Polymer, Actuators and Devices-Smart Structures and Materials, pp. 292–300, March 2001.
- P. Brunetto, L. Fortuna, P. Giannone, S. Graziani, and S. Strazzeri, “Static and dynamic characterization of the temperature and humidity influence on IPMC actuators,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 893–908, 2010.
- R. Caponetto, G. Dongola, L. Fortuna, S. Graziani, and S. Strazzeri, “A fractional model for IPMC actuators,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, pp. 2103–2107, May 2008.
- J. A. Nelder and R. Mead, “A simplex method for function minimization,” The Computer Journal, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 308–313, 1965.
- J. C. Lagarias, J. A. Reeds, M. H. Wright, and P. E. Wright, “Convergence properties of the Nelder-Mead simplex method in low dimensions,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 112–147, 1999.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison Wesley, 1989.
- Z. Michalewicz, Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution Programs, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 1994.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus: Theory and Applications of Differentiation and Integration to Arbitrary Order, Dover Books on Mathematics, 2006.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198, Academic Press Inc., San Diego, CA, 1999.
- R. Caponetto, G. Dongola, L. Fortuna, and I. Petras, Fractional Order Systems: Modelling and Control Applications, vol. 72, Nonlinear Science, Series A, 2010.