- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 825861, 9 pages
Geometric Distribution Weight Information Modeled Using Radial Basis Function with Fractional Order for Linear Discriminant Analysis Method
1College of Mathematics and Computational Science, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen 518160, China
2College of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen 518160, China
3College of Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310023, China
Received 20 September 2013; Accepted 24 September 2013
Academic Editor: Ming Li
Copyright © 2013 Wen-Sheng Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Brunelli and T. Poggio, “Face recognition: features versus templates,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1042–1052, 1993.
- M. A. Turk and A. P. Pentland, “Face recognition using eigenfaces,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 586–591, June 1991.
- P. N. Belhumeur, J. P. Hespanha, and D. J. Kriegman, “Eigenfaces vs. fisherfaces: recognition using class specific linear projection,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 711–720, 1997.
- A. M. Martinez and A. C. Kak, “PCA versus LDA,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 228–233, 2001.
- L.-F. Chen, H.-Y. M. Liao, M.-T. Ko, J.-C. Lin, and G.-J. Yu, “New LDA-based face recognition system which can solve the small sample size problem,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 33, no. 10, pp. 1713–1726, 2000.
- H. Yu and J. Yang, “A direct LDA algorithm for high-dimensional data-with application to face recognition,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 2067–2070, 2001.
- W.-S. Chen, P. C. Yuen, and J. Huang, “A new regularized linear discriminant analysis method to solve small sample size problems,” International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 917–935, 2005.
- P. Howland, J. Wang, and H. Park, “Solving the small sample size problem in face recognition using generalized discriminant analysis,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 277–287, 2006.
- W. S. Chen, P. C. Yuen, J. Huang, and B. Fang, “Two-step single parameter regularization fisher discriminant method for face recognition,” International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 189–208, 2006.
- J. D. Tebbens and P. Schlesinger, “Improving implementation of linear discriminant analysis for the high dimension/small sample size problem,” Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 423–437, 2007.
- K. Das and Z. Nenadic, “An efficient discriminant-based solution for small sample size problem,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 857–866, 2009.
- H. Hu, P. Zhang, and F. De la Torre, “Face recognition using enhanced linear discriminant analysis,” IET Computer Vision, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 195–208, 2010.
- D. Chu and G. S. Thye, “A new and fast implementation for null space based linear discriminant analysis,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 1373–1379, 2010.
- W.-S. Chen, P. C. Yuen, and X. Xie, “Kernel machine-based rank-lifting regularized discriminant analysis method for face recognition,” Neurocomputing, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 2953–2960, 2011.
- A. Sharma and K. K. Paliwal, “A two-stage linear discriminant analysis for face-recognition,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 1157–1162, 2012.
- F. Dornaika and A. Bosaghzadeh, “Exponential local discriminant embedding and its application to face recognition,” IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 921–934, 2013.
- K. Fukunaga, Introduction to Statistical Pattern Recognition, Computer Science and Scientific Computing, Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1990.
- C. Liu, “Gabor-based kernel PCA with fractional power polynomial models for face recognition,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 572–581, 2004.
- C. Cattani and A. Ciancio, “Separable transition density in the hybrid model for tumor-immune system competition,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 610124, 6 pages, 2012.
- C. Cattani, A. Ciancio, and B. Lods, “On a mathematical model of immune competition,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 678–683, 2006.
- M. Li and W. Zhao, “Representation of a stochastic traffic bound,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1368–1372, 2010.
- M. Li, “Approximating ideal filters by systems of fractional order,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 365054, 6 pages, 2012.
- M. Li, W. Zhao, and C. Cattani, “Delay bound: fractal traffic passes through servers,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering. In press.
- S. X. Hu, Z. W. Liao, and W. F. Chen, “Sinogram restoration for low-dosed X-ray computed tomography using fractional-order perona-Malik Diffusion,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 391050, 13 pages, 2012.
- S. X. Hu, “External fractional-order gradient vector Perona-Malik Diffusion for sinogram restoration of low-dosed X-ray computed tomography,” Advances in Mathematical Physics, vol. 2013, Article ID 516919, 14 pages, 2013.
- P. J. Phillips, H. Moon, S. A. Rizvi, and P. J. Rauss, “The FERET evaluation methodology for face-recognition algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1090–1104, 2000.