- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 890784, 11 pages
A New Method with a Different Auxiliary Equation to Obtain Solitary Wave Solutions for Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
Department of Mathematics, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Received 3 February 2013; Revised 22 April 2013; Accepted 23 April 2013
Academic Editor: Dumitru Baleanu
Copyright © 2013 Bülent Kiliç and Hasan Bulut. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. R. Duffy and E. J. Parkes, “Travelling solitary wave solutions to a seventh-order generalized KdV equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 214, no. 5-6, pp. 271–272, 1996.
- E. J. Parkes and B. R. Duffy, “Travelling solitary wave solutions to a compound KdV-Burgers equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 229, no. 4, pp. 217–220, 1997.
- E. J. Parkes, “Exact solutions to the two-dimensional Korteweg-de Vries-Burgers equation,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 27, no. 13, pp. L497–L501, 1994.
- L. Debnath, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 1997.
- A. M. Wazwaz, Partial Differential Equations: Methods and Applications, Balkema, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 2002.
- W. Hereman, P. P. Banerjee, A. Korpel, G. Assanto, A. van Immerzeele, and A. Meerpoel, “Exact solitary wave solutions of nonlinear evolution and wave equations using a direct algebraic method,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 607–628, 1986.
- X.-B. Hu and W.-X. Ma, “Application of Hirota's bilinear formalism to the Toeplitz lattice–-some special soliton-like solutions,” Physics Letters A, vol. 293, no. 3-4, pp. 161–165, 2002.
- A. M. Abourabia and M. M. El Horbaty, “On solitary wave solutions for the two-dimensional nonlinear modified Kortweg-de Vries-Burger equation,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 354–364, 2006.
- T. L. Bock and M. D. Kruskal, “A two-parameter Miura transformation of the Benjamin-Ono equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 74, no. 3-4, pp. 173–176, 1979.
- V. B. Matveev and M. A. Salle, Darboux Transformations and Solitons, Springer Series in Nonlinear Dynamics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1991.
- F. Cariello and M. Tabor, “Painlevé expansions for nonintegrable evolution equations,” Physica D, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 77–94, 1989.
- E. Fan and H. Zhang, “New exact solutions to a solutions to a system of coupled KdV equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 245, no. 5, pp. 389–392, 1998.
- E. Fan, “Auto-Bäcklund transformation and similarity reductions for general variable coefficient KdV equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 294, no. 1, pp. 26–30, 2002.
- E.-G. Fan, “Traveling wave solutions for nonlinear equations using symbolic computation,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 43, no. 6-7, pp. 671–680, 2002.
- Y. Ugurlu and D. Kaya, “Solutions of the Cahn-Hilliard equation,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 3038–3045, 2008.
- I. E. Inan, “Exact solutions to the various nonlinear evolution equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 371, no. 1-2, pp. 90–95, 2007.
- E. Fan and H. Zhang, “A note on homogeneous balance method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 246, no. 5, pp. 403–406, 1998.
- L. Yang, Z. Zhu, and Y. Wang, “Exact solutions of nonlinear equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 260, no. 1-2, pp. 55–59, 1999.
- E. Fan, “Two new applications of the homogeneous balance method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 265, no. 5-6, pp. 353–357, 2000.
- M. L. Wang, “Solitary wave solutions for variant Boussinesq equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 199, no. 3-4, pp. 169–172, 1995.
- M. Wang, Y. Zhou, and Z. Li, “Application of a homogeneous balance method to exact solutions of nonlinear equations in mathematical physics,” Physics Letters A, vol. 216, no. 1–5, pp. 67–75, 1996.
- B. Kiliç, Some methods for traveling wave solutions of the nonlinear partial differential equations and numerical analysis of these solutions [Ph.D. thesis], Firat University, 2012.