- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Mathematical Physics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 375236, 10 pages
Effects of Behavioral Tactics of Predators on Dynamics of a Predator-Prey System
1Department of Applied Mathematics, School of Natural and Applied Sciences, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710027, China
2Institute of Bioinformatics, School of Mathematics and Statistics, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, China
3School of Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710027, China
4School of Mathematical Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Received 8 April 2014; Accepted 11 May 2014; Published 26 May 2014
Academic Editor: Xiao-Jun Yang
Copyright © 2014 Hui Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. C. Gard, “Aggregation in stochastic ecosystem models,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 44, no. 1-2, pp. 153–164, 1988.
- R. Bravo de la Parra, P. Auger, and E. Snchez, “Aggregation methods in discrete models,” Journal of Biological Systems, vol. 3, pp. 603–612, 1995.
- Y. Iwasa, V. Andreasen, and S. Levin, “Aggregation in model ecosystems. I. Perfect aggregation,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 37, no. 3-4, pp. 287–302, 1987.
- Y. Iwasa, S. A. Levin, and V. Andreasen, “Aggregation in model ecosystems. II. Approximate aggregation,” IMA Journal of Mathematics Applied in Medicine and Biology, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1–23, 1989.
- P. Auger and R. Bravo de la Parra, “Methods of aggregation of variables in population dynamics,” Comptes Rendus de l'Academie des Sciences, vol. 323, no. 8, pp. 665–674, 2000.
- P. Auger, R. Bravo de la Parra, S. Morand, and E. Sánchez, “A predator-prey model with predators using hawk and dove tactics,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 177-178, pp. 185–200, 2002.
- J. M. Smith and G. R. Price, “The logic of animal conflict,” Nature, vol. 246, no. 5427, pp. 15–18, 1973.
- A. J. Lotka, “Undamped oscillations derived from the law of mass action,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 1595–1598, 1920.
- V. Volterra, “Variation e fluttuazioni del numero d'individui in specie animali conviventi,” Memoria della Regia Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, vol. 2, pp. 31–113, 1926.
- C. Cattani and A. Ciancio, “Qualitative analysis of second-order models of tumor-immune system competition,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 47, no. 11-12, pp. 1339–1355, 2008.
- C. Cattani and A. Ciancio, “A class of solutions for the hybrid kinetic model in the tumor-immune system competition,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 430486, 11 pages, 2013.
- C. Cattani and A. Ciancio, “Separable transition density in the hybrid model for tumor-immune system competition,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 610124, 6 pages, 2012.
- R. Colucci, “Coexistence in a one-predator, two-prey system with indirect effects,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2013, Article ID 625391, 13 pages, 2013.
- P. Chesson, “Mechanisms of maintenance of species diversity,” Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics, vol. 31, pp. 343–366, 2000.
- Å. Brännström, N. Loeuille, M. Loreau, and U. Dieckmann, “Emergence and maintenance of biodiversity in an evolutionary food-web model,” Theoretical Ecology, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 467–478, 2011.
- J. M. Levine and J. HilleRisLambers, “The maintenance of species diversity,” Nature Education Knowledge, vol. 3, article 59, 2012.
- J. M. Biernaskie, A. Gardner, and S. A. West, “Multicoloured greenbeards, bacteriocin diversity and the rock-paper-scissors game,” Journal of Evolutionary Biology, vol. 26, pp. 2081–2094, 2013.
- R. M. Sibly and R. H. Smith, Eds., Behavioural Ecology: Ecological Consequences of Adaptive Behaviours, Blackwell, Oxford, UK, 1985.
- A. Lømnicki, “Regulation of population density due to individual differences and patchy environment,” Oikos, vol. 35, pp. 185–193, 1988.
- M. Pigliucci, Phenotypic Plasticity: Beyond Nature and Nurture, Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md, USA, 2001.
- V. Grimm and S. F. Railsback, Individual-Based Modeling and Ecology, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2005.
- J. A. Stamps and M. Beuchner, “The territorial defense hypothesis and the ecology of insular vertebrates,” Quarterly Review of Biology, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 155–181, 1985.
- P. Perret and J. Blondel, “Experimental evidence of the territorial defense hypothesis in insular Blue Tits,” Experientia, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 94–98, 1993.
- D. Pontier, N. Rioux, and A. Heizmann, “Evidence of selection on the orange allele in the domestic cat Felis catus: the role of social structure,” Oikos, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 299–308, 1995.
- P. D. Taylor and L. B. Jonker, “Evolutionarily stable strategies and game dynamics,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 40, no. 1-2, pp. 145–156, 1978.
- J. Hofbauer, P. Schuster, and K. Sigmund, “A note on evolutionary stable strategies and game dynamics,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 609–612, 1979.
- E. C. Zeeman, “Population dynamics from game theory,” in Proceedings of an International Conference on Global Theory of Dynamical Systems, A. Nitecki and C. Robinson, Eds., vol. 819 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany.
- J. W. Weibull, Evolutionary Game Theory, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1995.
- J. Hofbauer and K. Sigmund, Evolutionary Games and Population Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1998.
- J. Hofbauer and K. Sigmund, “Evolutionary game dynamics,” Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 479–519, 2003.
- W. S. C. Gurney and R. M. Nisbet, Ecological Dynamics, Oxford University, Oxford, UK, 1998.
- E. Sanchez, P. Auger, and R. Bravo de la Parra, “Influence of individual aggressiveness on the dynamics of competitive populations,” Acta Biotheoretica, vol. 45, no. 3-4, pp. 321–333, 1997.
- P. Auger and D. Pontier, “Fast game theory coupled to slow population dynamics: the case of domestic cat populations,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 65–82, 1998.
- P. Auger, R. Bravo de la Parra, and E. Sánchez, “Hawk-dove game and competition dynamics,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 89–98, 1998.
- D. Pontier, P. Auger, R. Bravo de la Parra, and E. Sánchez, “The impact of behavioral plasticity at individual level on domestic cat population dynamics,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 133, no. 1-2, pp. 117–124, 2000.
- M. M. Peixoto, “On structural stability,” Annals of Mathematics. Second Series, vol. 69, pp. 199–222, 1959.
- M. Mangel and C. W. Clark, Dynamic Modeling in Behavioral Ecology, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1988.
- C. B. Huffaker, “Experimental studies on predation: dispersion factors and predatorprey oscillations,” Hilgardia, vol. 27, pp. 343–383, 1958.
- M. Mobilia, I. T. Georgiev, and U. C. Täuber, “Fluctuations and correlations in lattice models for predator-prey interaction,” Physical Review E, vol. 73, no. 4, Article ID 040903, 2006.
- Q. He, U. C. Täuber, and R. K. P. Zia, “On the relationship between cyclic and hierarchical three-species predator-prey systems and the two-species Lotka-Volterra model,” The European Physical Journal B, vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 141–153, 2012.
- K. J. Benoit-Bird, B. C. Battaile, S. A. Heppell et al., “Prey patch patterns predict habitat use by top marine predators with diverse foraging strategies,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 1, Article ID e53348, 2013.
- M. Fras and M. Gosak, “Spatiotemporal patterns provoked by environmental variability in a predator-prey model,” Biosystems, vol. 114, pp. 172–177, 2013.