- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in OptoElectronics
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 437564, 8 pages
Influence of Peak Wavelengths on Properties of Mixed-LED White-Light Sources
EET School, Manukau Institute of Technology, Private Bag 94-006, Manukau 2241, New Zealand
Received 3 October 2010; Accepted 6 December 2010
Academic Editor: Xian Cao
Copyright © 2010 Snjezana Soltic and Andrew N. Chalmers. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Chalmers and S. Soltic, “Towards the optimum light source spectrum,” Advances in OptoElectronics, vol. 2010, 9 pages, 2010.
- S. Soltic and A. N. Chalmers, “Differential evolution and its application to intelligent spectral design,” in Proceedings of the The 16th Electronics New Zealand Conference (ENZCon '09), pp. 19–24, Dunedin, New Zealand, November 2009.
- A. N. Chalmers, C. Cuttle, L. Wang, and P. Luong, “The quest for high-colour-rendering high-luminous-efficacy light sources,” in Proceedings of the The Illuminating Engineering Society of Australia and New Zealand Convention (IESANZ '07), Queenstown, New Zealand, 2007.
- Z. Lei, G. Xia, L. Ting, G. Xiaoling, L. Q. Ming, and S. Guangdi, “Color rendering and luminous efficacy of trichromatic and tetrachromatic LED-based white LEDs,” Microelectronics Journal, vol. 38, pp. 1–6, 2007.
- Y. Ohno, “Simulation analysis of white LED spectra and color rendering,” in Proceedings of the CIE Expert Symposium on LED Light Sources, Tokyo, Japan, 2004.
- A. Žakauskas, R. Vaicekauskas, F. Ivanauskas, R. Gaska, and M. S. Shur, “Optimization of white polychromatic semiconductor lamps,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 234–236, 2002.
- S. Chhajed, Y. Xi, Y. L. Li, TH. Gessmann, and E. F. Schubert, “Influence of junction temperature on chromaticity and color-rendering properties of trichromatic white-light sources based on light-emitting diodes,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 97, no. 5, Article ID 054506, pp. 1–8, 2005.
- S. Muthu, F. J. P. Schuurmans, and M. D. Pashley, “Red, green, and blue LEDs for white light illumination,” IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 333–338, 2002.
- N. Narendran, L. Deng, R. M. Pysar, Y. Gu, and H. Yu, “Performance characteristics of high-power light-emitting diodes,” in Solid State Lighting, Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 267–275, August 2003.
- X. Qu, S. C. Wong, and C. K. Tse, “Color control system for RGB LED light sources using junction temperature measurement,” in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference (IECON '07), pp. 1363–1368, Taipei, Taiwan, November 2007.
- M. Dyble, N. Narendran, A. Bierman, and T. Klein, “Impact of dimming white LEDs: chromaticity shifts due to different dimming methods,” in Solid State Lighting, vol. 5941 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 291–299, August 2005.
- R. S. Berns, Billmeyer and Saltzman's Principles of Color Technology, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2000.
- G. Wyszecki and W. S. Stiles, Color Science: Concepts and Methods, Quantitative Data, and Formulae, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2000.
- Commission Internationale de l'Eclairage, “Colorimetry,” Tech. Rep. 15.3:2003, CIE Central Bureau, Vienna, Austria, 2003.
- Commission Internationale de l'Eclairage, “Method of measuring and specifying colour rendering properties of light sources,” CIE Technical Report 13.3:1995, CIE Central Bureau, Vienna, Austria, 1995.
- Y. Ohno and W. Davis, “Rationale of color quality scale,” LEDs Magazine, June 2010.
- W. Davis and Y. Ohno, “Toward an improved color rendering metric,” in Solid State Lighting, vol. 5941 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 1–8, August 2005.
- E. Mahler, J. J. Ezrati, and F. Viénot, “Testing LED lighting for colour discrimination and colour rendering,” Color Research and Application, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 8–17, 2009.
- N. Narendran and L. Deng, “Color rendering properties of LED light sources,” in Solid State Lighting II, Proceedings of SPIE, Seattle, Wash, USA, July 2002.
- N. Sándor and J. Schanda, “Visual colour rendering based on colour difference evaluations,” Lighting Research and Technology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 225–239, 2006.
- Lumileds Lighting, “Luxeon® K2 Emitter,” Technical Datasheet DS51, Lumileds Lighting US LLC., San Jose, Calif, USA, 2006.