- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 301408, 9 pages
Biosurveillance: A Review and Update
1Ohio Task Force 1-FEMA Urban Search and Rescue, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State University Medical Center,
4813 Cramblett Hall, 456 West Tenth Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
2Emergency Medicine, The Ohio State University Medical Center, 4734 Cramblett Hall, 456 West Tenth Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Received 30 April 2011; Revised 18 September 2011; Accepted 10 November 2011
Academic Editor: Zygmunt F. Dembek
Copyright © 2012 Nicholas E. Kman and Daniel J. Bachmann. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jon Ahlinder, Caroline Ohrman, Kerstin Svensson, Petter Lindgren, Anders Johansson, Mats Forsman, Par Larsson, and Andreas Sjodin, “Increased knowledge of Francisella genus diversity highlights the benefits of optimised DNA-based assays,” Bmc Microbiology, vol. 12, 2012.
- Erin E. Endom, “Bioterrorism and the pediatric patient: An update,” Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 102–117, 2013.
- Willy A Valdivia-Granda, “Biosurveillance enterprise for operational awareness, a genomic-based approach for tracking pathogen virulence,” Virulence, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 34–33, 2013.
- D.R. Seiner, H.A. Colburn, C. Baird, R.A. Bartholomew, T. Straub, K. Victry, J.R. Hutchison, N. Valentine, and C.J. Bruckner-Lea, “ Evaluation of the FilmArray ® system for detection of Bacillus anthracis, Francisella tularensis and Yersinia pestis ,” Journal of Applied Microbiology, vol. 114, no. 4, pp. 992–1000, 2013.
- Carina M. Hall, Jennifer L. Ginther, Paul Keim, Apichai Tuanyok, Vanessa Theobald, Erin P. Price, Joseph D. Busch, Jeffrey T. Foster, David M. Wagner, Bart J. Currie, Derek S. Sarovich, Mark Mayo, James M. Cook, Talima Pearson, Jessica R. Webb, Meagan L. Seymour, and Mirjam Kaestli, “Accurate and Rapid Identification of the Burkholderia pseudomallei Near-Neighbour, Burkholderia ubonensis, Using Real-Time PCR,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013.
- Nicholas Generous, Geoffrey Fairchild, Alina Deshpande, Sara Y. Del Valle, and Reid Priedhorsky, “Global Disease Monitoring and Forecasting with Wikipedia,” Plos Computational Biology, vol. 10, no. 11, 2014.
- Kristen J. Margevicius, Nicholas Generous, Kirsten J. Taylor-McCabe, Mac Brown, W. Brent Daniel, Lauren Castro, Andrea Hengartner, and Alina Deshpande, “Advancing a Framework to Enable Characterization and Evaluation of Data Streams Useful for Biosurveillance,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.
- Beth Ann Fiedler, “Constructing legal authority to facilitate multi-level interagency health data sharing in the United States,” International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 175–194, 2015.
- Philippe Colson, Jean-Marc Rolain, Cedric Abat, Remi Charrel, Pierre-Edouard Fournier, and Didier Raoult, “EPIMIC: A Simple Homemade Computer Program for Real-Time EPIdemiological Surveillance and Alert Based on MICrobiological Data,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 12, 2015.
- Anne M. Jurek, and George Maldonado, “Quantitative Bias Analysis in an Asthma Study of Rescue-Recovery Workers and Volunteers from the 9/11 World Trade Center Attacks,” Annals of Epidemiology, 2016.
- Andrew Hennenfent, Vito DelVento, John Davies-Cole, and Fern Johnson-Clarke, “Expanding veterinary biosurveillance in Washington, DC: The creation and utilization of an electronic-based online veterinary surveillance system,” Preventive Veterinary Medicine, vol. 138, pp. 70–78, 2017.
- Richard M. Ozanich, Heather A. Colburn, Kristin D. Victry, Rachel A. Bartholomew, Jennifer S. Arce, Alejandro Heredia-Langner, Kristin Jarman, Helen W. Kreuzer, and Cynthia J. Bruckner-Lea, “ Evaluation of PCR Systems for Field Screening of Bacillus anthracis ,” Health Security, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 70–80, 2017.