- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 429213, 10 pages
A Decade of FGF Receptor Research in Bladder Cancer: Past, Present, and Future Challenges
1Section of Experimental Oncology, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James’s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
2Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Received 31 May 2012; Accepted 17 June 2012
Academic Editor: Nan-Haw Chow
Copyright © 2012 Erica di Martino et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [39 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- S. V. Williams, C. D. Hurst, and M. A. Knowles, “Oncogenic FGFR3 gene fusions in bladder cancer,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 795–803, 2012.
- C. G. Stoehr, R. Stoehr, A. Rogler, K. Amann, R. Knuechel-Clarke, and A. Hartmann, “Personalized urooncology based on molecular uropathology. Part 1: What is diagnostic routine?,” Urologe, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 970–975, 2013.
- Shirish M. Gadgeel, Wei Chen, Michele L. Cote, Aliccia Bollig-Fischer, Susan Land, Ann G. Schwartz, and Gerold Bepler, “Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 1 Amplification in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer by Quantitative Real-Time PCR,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Artur A. Belov, and Moosa Mohammadi, “Molecular Mechanisms of Fibroblast Growth Factor Signaling in Physiology and Pathology,” Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives In Biology, vol. 5, no. 6, 2013.
- Jaime Acquaviva, Suqin He, Chaohua Zhang, John-Paul Jimenez, Masazumi Nagai, Jim Sang, Manuel Sequeira, Donald L. Smith, Luisa Shin Ogawa, Takayo Inoue, Noriaki Tatsuta, Margaret A. Knowles, Richard C. Bates, and David A. Proia, “FGFR3 Translocations in Bladder Cancer: Differential Sensitivity to HSP90 Inhibition Based on Drug Metabolism,” Molecular Cancer Research, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 1042–1054, 2014.
- Xiguang Zhang, Jiasen Xie, Yan Sun, Huijing Xu, Tonghua Du, Zixuan Liu, Jinhui Chen, Zhong Zheng, Keqiang Liu, Jizhou Zhang, Mujie Kan, Xiaokun Li, and Yechen Xiao, “High-level expression, purification, and characterization of bifunctional ScFv-9R fusion protein,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 98, no. 12, pp. 5499–5506, 2014.
- Yann Neuzillet, Bas W. G. van Rhijn, Nadia L. Prigoda, Bharati Bapat, Liyang Liu, Peter J. Bostrom, Neil E. Fleshner, Brenda L. Gallie, Alexandre R. Zlotta, Michael A. S. Jewett, and Theo H. van der Kwast, “FGFR3 mutations, but not FGFR3 expression and FGFR3 copy-number variations, are associated with favourable non-muscle invasive bladder cancer,” Virchows Archiv, 2014.
- A. Hartmann, T. Schlomm, S. Bertz, J. Heinzelmann, S. Hölters, R. Simon, R. Stoehr, and K. Junker, “Prognostische und prädiktive molekulare Marker urologischer Tumoren,” Der Urologe, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 491–500, 2014.
- Meilin Wang, Haiyan Chu, Qiang Lv, Li Wang, Lin Yuan, Guangbo Fu, Na Tong, Chao Qin, Changjun Yin, Zhengdong Zhang, and Jianfeng Xu, “Cumulative effect of genome-wide association study-identified genetic variants for bladder cancer,” International Journal of Cancer, 2014.
- Nicole Schweiger, Marlene Hauck, Heinrich Steinhoff, Sandra Sampl, Martin Reifinger, Ingrid Walter, Theresa Kreilmeier, Brigitte Marian, Michael Grusch, Walter Berger, Klaus Holzmann, and Miriam Kleiter, “Canine and human sarcomas exhibit predominant FGFR1 expression and impaired viability after inhibition of signaling,” Molecular Carcinogenesis, 2014.
- Caroline J. Sheeba, Gregory Marslin, Ann Mary Revina, and Gregory Franklin, “Signaling pathways influencing tumor microenvironment and their exploitation for targeted drug delivery,” Nanotechnology Reviews, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 123–151, 2014.
- Deyao Wu, Yunfeng Zhou, Huixing Pan, Jian Zhou, Yuanfeng Fan, and Ping Qu, “microRNA-99a inhibiting cell proliferation, migration and invasion by targeting fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 in bladder cancer,” Oncology Letters, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1219–1224, 2014.
- Rosa Nadal, “New Treatments for Bladder Cancer: When Will We Make Progress?,” Current Treatment Options in Oncology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 99–114, 2014.
- Benedito A. Carneiro, Joshua J. Meeks, Timothy M. Kuzel, Mariana Scaranti, Sarki A. Abdulkadir, and Francis J. Giles, “Emerging therapeutic targets in bladder cancer,” Cancer Treatment Reviews, 2014.
- Li Peng, Xiu Wu Bian, Di Kang Li, Chuan Xu, Guang Ming Wang, Qing You Xia, and Qing Xiong, “Large-scale RNA-Seq Transcriptome Analysis of 4043 Cancers and 548 Normal Tissue Controls across 12 TCGA Cancer Types,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, pp. 13413, 2015.
- Petros D. Grivas, Marilena Melas, and Athanasios G. Papavassiliou, “The biological complexity of urothelial carcinoma: Insights into carcinogenesis, targets and biomarkers of response to therapeutic approaches,” Seminars in Cancer Biology, 2015.
- Teresa Helsten, Maria Schwaederle, and Razelle Kurzrock, “Fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling in hereditary and neoplastic disease: biologic and clinical implications,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, 2015.
- Zixuan Liu, Jizhou Zhang, Hongqiong Fan, Ruofeng Yin, Zhong Zheng, Qian Xu, Qing Liu, Haiting He, Xiaofan Peng, XinXin Wang, Xiaokun Li, and Yechen Xiao, “Expression and purification of soluble single-chain Fv against human fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 fused with Sumo tag in Escherichia coli,” Electronic Journal of Biotechnology, 2015.
- Francesco Massari, Matteo Santoni, Chiara Ciccarese, Matteo Brunelli, Alessandro Conti, Daniele Santini, Rodolfo Montironi, Stefano Cascinu, and Giampaolo Tortora, “Emerging concepts on drug resistance in bladder cancer: Implications for future strategies,” Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, 2015.
- Nathalie Javidi-Sharifi, Elie Traer, Jacqueline Martinez, Anu Gupta, Takehiro Taguchi, Jennifer Dunlap, Michael C. Heinrich, Christopher L. Corless, Brian P. Rubin, Brian J. Druker, and Jeffrey W. Tyner, “Crosstalk between KIT and FGFR3 Promotes Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Cell Growth and Drug Resistance,” Cancer Research, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 880–891, 2015.
- Paul Kachel, Bogusz Trojanowicz, Carsten Sekulla, Hanna Prenzel, Henning Dralle, and Cuong Hoang-Vu, “Phosphorylation of pyruvate kinase M2 and lactate dehydrogenase a by fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 in benign and malignant thyroid tissue,” BMC Cancer, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Jeffrey S. Ross, Kai Wang, Depinder Khaira, Siraj M. Ali, Huge A.G. Fisher, Badar Mian, Tipu Nazeer, Julia A. Elvin, Norma Palma, Roman Yelensky, Doron Lipson, Vincent A. Miller, Philip J. Stephens, Vivek Subbiah, and Sumanta K. Pal, “Comprehensive genomic profiling of 295 cases of clinically advanced urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder reveals a high frequency of clinically relevant genomic alterations,” Cancer, 2015.
- Cedric Poyet, Thomas Hermanns, Qing Zhong, Eva Drescher, Daniel Eberli, Maximilian Burger, Ferdinand Hofstaedter, Arndt Hartmann, Robert Stoehr, Ellen C. Zwarthoff, Tullio Sulser, and Peter J. Wild, “Positive fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 immunoreactivity is associated with low-grade non-invasive urothelial bladder cancer,” Oncology Letters, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 2753–2760, 2015.
- Francesco Massari, Chiara Ciccarese, Matteo Santoni, Matteo Brunelli, Alessandro Conti, Alessandra Modena, Rodolfo Montironi, Daniele Santini, Liang Cheng, Guido Martignoni, Stefano Cascinu, and Giampaolo Tortora, “The route to personalized medicine in bladder cancer: where do we stand?,” Targeted Oncology, 2015.
- Anna Fischbach, Anja Rogler, Ramona Erber, Robert Stoehr, Richard Poulsom, Axel Heidenreich, Birte-Swantje Schneevoigt, Sven Hauke, Arndt Hartmann, Ruth Knuechel, Jürgen Veeck, and Nadine T Gaisa, “Fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) gene amplifications are rare events in bladder cancer,” Histopathology, 2015.
- Erica di Martino, Gavin Kelly, Jo-An Roulson, and Margaret A. Knowles, “Alteration of Cell-Cell and Cell-Matrix Adhesion in Urothelial Cells: An Oncogenic Mechanism for Mutant FGFR3,” Molecular Cancer Research, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 138–148, 2015.
- Bishoy M Faltas, Beerinder S Karir, Scott T Tagawa, and Jonathan E Rosenberg, “Novel molecular targets for urothelial carcinoma,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Qing-hai Wang, Zhi-Gang Ji, Zhi-gang Chen, Han-zhong Li, Hua Fan, Xin-rong Fan, Bing-bing Shi, and Yujiang Fang, “Serum CA 19-9 as a good prognostic biomarker in patients with bladder cancer,” International Journal of Surgery, 2015.
- Jung Hun Kim, Yeonui Kwak, Chiman Song, Eun Joo Roh, Chang-Hyun Oh, So Ha Lee, Taebo Sim, Jung Hoon Choi, and Kyung Ho Yoo, “Synthesis of novel arylaminoquinazolinylurea derivatives and their antiproliferative activities against bladder cancer cell line,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2016.
- Qian Jing, Yuanyuan Wang, Hao Liu, Xiaowei Deng, Lin Jiang, Rui Liu, Haixing Song, and Jingyi Li, “FGFs: crucial factors that regulate tumour initiation and progression,” Cell Proliferation, 2016.
- E. López de Maturana, A. Picornell, A. Masson-Lecomte, M. Kogevinas, M. Márquez, A. Carrato, A. Tardón, J. Lloreta, M. García-Closas, D. Silverman, N. Rothman, S. Chanock, F. X. Real, M. E. Goddard, and N. Malats, “Prediction of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer outcomes assessed by innovative multimarker prognostic models,” BMC Cancer, vol. 16, no. 1, 2016.
- Rehab S. Abdul-Maksoud, Sally M. Shalaby, Walid S.H. Elsayed, and Saad Elkady, “Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 and cytokeratin 20 expressions and their relation to prognostic variables in bladder cancer,” Gene, 2016.
- Seth P. Lerner, Dean F. Bajorin, Colin P. Dinney, Jason A. Efstathiou, Susan Groshen, Noah M. Hahn, Donna Hansel, David Kwiatkowski, Michael O’Donnell, Jonathan Rosenberg, Robert Svatek, Jeffrey S. Abrams, Hikmat Al-Ahmadie, Andrea B. Apolo, Joaquim Bellmunt, Margaret Callahan, Eugene K. Cha, Charles Drake, Jonathan Jarow, Ashish Kamat, William Kim, Margaret Knowles, Bhupinder Mann, Luigi Marchionni, David McConkey, Lisa McShane, Nilsa Ramirez, Andrew Sharabi, Arlene H. Sharpe, David Solit, Catherine M. Tangen, Abdul Tawab Amiri, Eliezer Van Allen, Pamela J. West, J. A. Witjes, and Diane Zipursky Quale, “Summary and Recommendations from the National Cancer Institute’s Clinical Trials Planning Meeting on Novel Therapeutics for Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer,” Bladder Cancer, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 165–202, 2016.
- Carina Bernardo, Maria Cláudia Cunha, Júlio Henrique Santos, José M. Correia da Costa, Paul J. Brindley, Carlos Lopes, Francisco Amado, Rita Ferreira, Rui Vitorino, and Lúcio Lara Santos, “Insight into the molecular basis of Schistosoma haematobium-induced bladder cancer through urine proteomics,” Tumor Biology, 2016.
- Mathieu Rouanne, Yohann Loriot, Thierry Lebret, and Jean-Charles Soria, “Novel therapeutic targets in advanced urothelial carcinoma,” Critical Reviews In Oncology Hematology, vol. 98, pp. 106–115, 2016.
- Apostolos Apostolidis, Mohammad S. Rahnama'i, Christopher Fry, Roger Dmochowski, and Arun Sahai, “Do we understand how botulinum toxin works and have we optimized the way it is administered to the bladder? ICI-RS 2014,” Neurourology and Urodynamics, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 293–298, 2016.
- Rafael Morales-Barrera, Cristina Suárez, Ana Martínez de Castro, Fabricio Racca, Claudia Valverde, Xavier Maldonado, Juan Maria Bastaros, Juan Morote, and Joan Carles, “Targetingfibroblast growth factorreceptors and Immune checkpoint inhibitors for the treatment of advanced bladder Cancer: New direction and New Hope,” Cancer Treatment Reviews, 2016.
- Seungtaek Lim, Myoung Ju Koh, Hyeon Joo Jeong, Nam Hoon Cho, Young Deuk Choi, Do Yeun Cho, Hoi Young Lee, and Sun Young Rha, “Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 1 Overexpression Is Associated with Poor Survival in Patients with Resected Muscle Invasive Urothelial Carcinoma,” Yonsei Medical Journal, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 831, 2016.
- Alexander P. Glaser, Damiano Fantini, Ali Shilatifard, Edward M. Schaeffer, and Joshua J. Meeks, “The evolving genomic landscape of urothelial carcinoma,” Nature Reviews Urology, 2017.