- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 453590, 9 pages
CFP and YFP, but Not GFP, Provide Stable Fluorescent Marking of Rat Hepatic Adult Stem Cells
Programs in Regenerative Biology and Cancer, Boston Biomedical Research Institute, Watertown, MA 02472, USA
Received 27 November 2007; Revised 10 January 2008; Accepted 2 February 2008
Academic Editor: Mouldy Sioud
Copyright © 2008 Rouzbeh R. Taghizadeh and James L. Sherley. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [25 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bhavani S. Kowtharapu, Franklin C. Vincent, Andreas Bubis, and Stephan Verleysdonk, “Lentiviral transfection of ependymal primary cultures facilitates the characterisation of kinocilia-specific promoters,” Neurochemical Research, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1380–1392, 2009.
- David Noske, Martine Lamfers, Sander Idema, Florine van Milligen, Tabitha Schouten, Paul van der Valk, Peter Vandertop, and Clemens Dirven, “Homing properties of adipose-derived stem cells to intracerebral glioma and the effects of adenovirus infection,” Cancer Letters, vol. 274, no. 1, pp. 78–87, 2009.
- Cynthia B. Ripoll, and Bruce A. Bunnell, “Comparative characterization of mesenchymal stem cells from eGFP transgenic and non-transgenic mice,” Bmc Cell Biology, vol. 10, 2009.
- Hugo Oliveira, Ramon Fernandez, Liliana R. Pires, M. Cristina L. Martins, Sergio Simoes, Mario A. Barbosa, and Ana P. Pego, “Targeted gene delivery into peripheral sensorial neurons mediated by self-assembled vectors composed of poly(ethylene imine) and tetanus toxin fragment c,” Journal Of Controlled Release, vol. 143, no. 3, pp. 350–358, 2010.
- Ulyana Angel (Shimanovich), Devorah Matas, Shulamit Michaeli, Artur Cavaco-Paulo, and Aharon Gedanken, “Microspheres of Mixed Proteins,” Chemistry-A European Journal, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 2108–2114, 2010.
- Alexander M. Bailey, Sahil Kapur, and Adam J. Katz, “Characterization of adipose-derived stem cells: An update,” Current Stem Cell Research and Therapy, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 95–102, 2010.
- Guoying Zhao, Litsa Karageorgos, Rhonda G. Hutchinson, John J. Hopwood, and Kim Hemsley, “Genetic manipulation of murine embryonic stem cells with enhanced green fluorescence protein and sulfatase-modifying factor i genes,” Cytotherapy, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 400–407, 2010.
- Jaesung Kim, Pyung-Hwan Kim, Hye Yeong Nam, Jung-Sun Lee, Chae-Ok Yun, and Sung Wan Kim, “Linearized oncolytic adenoviral plasmid DNA delivered by bioreducible polymers,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 158, no. 3, pp. 451–460, 2012.
- Jin-Bao Qin, Kang-An Li, Xiang-Xiang Li, Qing-Song Xie, Jia-Ying Lin, Kai-Chuang Ye, Mi-Er Jiang, Gui-Xiang Zhang, and Xin-Wu Lu, “Long-term MRI tracking of dual-labeled adipose-derived stem cells homing into mouse carotid artery injury,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 7, pp. 5191–5203, 2012.
- Meital Cohen, Manuela Vecsler, Arthur Liberzon, Meirav Noach, Eitan Zlotorynski, and Amit Tzur, “Unbiased transcriptome signature of in vivo cell proliferation reveals pro- and antiproliferative gene networks,” Cell Cycle, vol. 12, no. 18, pp. 2992–3000, 2013.
- Jianhong Wu, Deli Wang, Dike Ruan, Qing He, Yan Zhang, Chaofeng Wang, Hongkui Xin, Cheng Xu, and Yue Liu, “Prolonged expansion of human nucleus pulposus cells expressing human telomerase reverse transcriptase mediated by lentiviral vector,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 2013.
- Jinbao Qin, Yuqing Jin, Mier Jiang, Guixiang Zhang, Xinwu Lu, Kangan Li, Chen Peng, Xiangxiang Li, Jiaying Lin, Kaichuang Ye, Xinrui Yang, Qingsong Xie, and Zunli Shen, “MRI of iron oxide nanoparticle-labeled ADSCs in a model of hindlimb ischemia,” Biomaterials, vol. 34, no. 21, pp. 4914–4925, 2013.
- Ahmed Rizk, and A. Bakr M. Rabie, “Human dental pulp stem cells expressing transforming growth factor β3 transgene for cartilage-like tissue engineering,” Cytotherapy, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 712–725, 2013.
- Amy Hughes, Daisy Mohanasundaram, Svjetlana Kireta, Claire F. Jessup, Chris J. Drogemuller, and P. Toby H. Coates, “Insulin-Like Growth Factor-II (IGF-II) Prevents Proinflammatory Cytokine-Induced Apoptosis and Significantly Improves Islet Survival After Transplantation,” Transplantation Journal, vol. 95, no. 5, pp. 671–678, 2013.
- Manabu Koike, Yasutomo Yutoku, and Aki Koike, “Ku80 attentuates cytotoxicity induced by green fluorescent protein transduction independently of non-homologous end joining,” FEBS Open Bio, vol. 3, pp. 46–50, 2013.
- Carlos Blanco-Centurion, Meng Liu, RodaRani Konadhode, Dheeraj Pelluru, and Priyattam J. Shiromani, “Effects of Orexin Gene Transfer in the Dorsolateral Pons in Orexin Knockout Mice,” Sleep, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 31–40, 2013.
- Katja A. Puttonen, Marika Ruponen, Riitta Kauppinen, Sara Wojciechowski, Outi Hovatta, and Jari Koistinaho, “Improved Method of Producing Human Neural Progenitor Cells of High Purity and in Large Quantities From Pluripotent Stem Cells for Transplantation Studies,” Cell Transplantation, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1753–1766, 2013.
- Hiromichi Maeda, Masatoshi Shigoka, Yongchun Wang, Yingxin Fu, Russell N. Wesson, Qing Lin, Robert A. Montgomery, Hideaki Enzan, and Zhaoli Sun, “Disappearance of GFP-Positive Hepatocytes Transplanted into the Liver of Syngeneic Wild-Type Rats Pretreated with Retrorsine,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014.
- Song Hong, Bhagwat V. Alapure, Yan Lu, Haibin Tian, and Quansheng Wang, “Immunohistological Localization of Endogenous Unlabeled Stem Cells in Wounded Skin,” Journal of Histochemistry & Cytochemistry, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 276–285, 2014.
- Hugo R. Caires, Maria Gomez-Lazaro, Carla M. Oliveira, David Gomes, Denisa D. Mateus, Carla Oliveira, Cristina C. Barrias, Mário A. Barbosa, and Catarina R. Almeida, “Finding and tracing human MSC in 3D microenvironments with the photoconvertible protein Dendra2,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, pp. 10079, 2015.
- Samira Seif, Fereshteh Kazemi, Elham Gholami, Negar Seyed, Yasaman Taslimi, Sima Habibzadeh, Bahareh Azarian, Shahram Jamshidi, Mehrdad Hashemi, Sima Rafati, and Tahereh Taheri, “EGFP reporter protein: its immunogenicity in Leishmania-infected BALB/c mice,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2015.
- J. David Monroe, Dustin P. Manning, Phillip M. Uribe, Ashwin Bhandiwad, Joseph A. Sisneros, Michael E. Smith, and Allison B. Coffin, “Hearing sensitivity differs between zebrafish lines used in auditory research,” Hearing Research, 2016.
- Amir Mehdi Ansari, A. Karim Ahmed, Aerielle E. Matsangos, Frank Lay, Louis J. Born, Guy Marti, John W. Harmon, and Zhaoli Sun, “Cellular GFP Toxicity and Immunogenicity: Potential Confounders in in Vivo Cell Tracking Experiments,” Stem Cell Reviews and Reports, 2016.
- Hedayatollah Shirzad, Fariba Esmaeili, Shabnam Bakhshalizadeh, Marzieh Ebrahimie, and Esmaeil Ebrahimie, “Production of stable GFP-expressing neural cells from P19 embryonal carcinoma stem cells,” Molecular and Cellular Probes, 2016.
- Douglas Ganini, Fabian Leinisch, Ashutosh Kumar, JinJie Jiang, Erik Tokar, Christine C. Malone, Robert M. Petrovich, and Ronald P. Mason, “Fluorescent proteins such as eGFP lead to catalytic oxidative stress in cells,” Redox Biology, 2017.