- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 147946, 8 pages
Ischemia Alters the Expression of Connexins in the Aged Human Brain
1Department of Stroke Science, Research Institute for Brain & Blood Vessels-Akita, 6-10 Senshu Kubota Machi, Akita 010-0874, Japan
2Department of Neurology, Research Institute for Brain & Blood Vessels-Akita, 6-10 Senshu Kubota Machi, Akita 010-0874, Japan
3Department of Pathology, Research Institute for Brain & Blood Vessels-Akita, 6-10 Senshu Kubota Machi, Akita 010-0874, Japan
Received 6 April 2009; Revised 8 June 2009; Accepted 30 June 2009
Academic Editor: Thomas van Groen
Copyright © 2009 Taizen Nakase et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Younghye Moon, So Yoen Choi, Kyungjin Kim, Hyun Kim, and Woong Sun, “Expression of connexin29 and 32 in the penumbra region after traumatic brain injury of mice,” Neuroreport, vol. 21, no. 18, pp. 1135–1139, 2010.
- Maya M. Jeyaraman, Wattamon Srisakuldee, Barbara E. Nickel, and Elissavet Kardami, “Connexin43 phosphorylation and cytoprotection in the heart,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Biomembranes, vol. 1818, no. 8, pp. 2009–2013, 2012.
- Hironobu Tanigami, Takayuki Okamoto, Yuichi Yasue, and Motomu Shimaoka, “Astroglial Integrins in the Development and Regulation of Neurovascular Units,” Pain Research and Treatment, vol. 2012, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- Christian Giaume, and Christian C. Naus, “Connexins, gap junctions, and glia,” Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Membrane Transport and Signaling, 2013.
- Lang Zhang, Yu-Min Li, Yu-Hong Jing, Shao-Yu Wang, Yan-Feng Song, and Jie Yin, “Protective effects of carbenoxolone are associated with attenuation of oxidative stress in ischemic brain injury,” Neuroscience Bulletin, 2013.
- Ryan C. Turner, Sean C. Dodson, Charles L. Rosen, and Jason D. Huber, “The science of cerebral ischemia and the quest for neuroprotection: navigating past failure to future success,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 118, no. 5, pp. 1072–1085, 2013.
- Wanyin Ren, Guojie Jing, Qin Shen, Xiaoteng Yao, Yingchao Jing, Feng Lin, and Weidong Pan, “Occludin and connexin 43 expression contribute to the pathogenesis of traumatic brain edema,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 8, no. 29, pp. 2703–2712, 2013.
- Gu Gong, Libang Yuan, Lin Cai, Maorong Ran, Yulan Zhang, Huaqu Gong, Xuemei Dai, Wei Wu, and Hailong Dong, “Tetramethylpyrazine Suppresses Transient Oxygen-Glucose Deprivation-Induced Connexin32 Expression and Cell Apoptosis via the ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK Pathway in Cultured Hippocampal Neurons,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- Marijke De Bock, Elke Decrock, Nan Wang, Mélissa Bol, Mathieu Vinken, Geert Bultynck, and Luc Leybaert, “The dual face of connexin-based astroglial Ca2+ communication: A key player in brain physiology and a prime target in pathology,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Cell Research, 2014.
- Elke Decrock, Marijke De Bock, Nan Wang, Geert Bultynck, Christian Giaume, Christian C. Naus, Colin R. Green, and Luc Leybaert, “Connexin and pannexin signaling pathways, an architectural blueprint for CNS physiology and pathology?,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 2015.
- M. Freitas-Andrade, and C.C. Naus, “Astrocytes in neuroprotection and neurodegeneration: The role of connexin43 and pannexin1,” Neuroscience, 2015.