- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 181690, 9 pages
BALB/c Mice Vaccinated with Leishmania major Ribosomal Proteins Extracts Combined with CpG Oligodeoxynucleotides Become Resistant to Disease Caused by a Secondary Parasite Challenge
1Departamento de Biología Molecular, Centro de Biología Molecular Severo Ochoa, (CSIC-UAM), Nicolás Cabrera 1, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 28049 Madrid, Spain
2Unidad de Inmunología Viral, Centro Nacional de Microbiología, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Crta. Pozuelo Km 2, Majadahonda, 28220 Madrid, Spain
3Centro de Pesquisas Gonçalo Moniz, Fundação Oswaldo Cruz (FIOCRUZ), Rua Waldemar Falcao, 121, Candeal, 40.296-710 Salvador-Bahia, Brazil
Received 22 July 2009; Revised 11 September 2009; Accepted 29 October 2009
Academic Editor: Jorge Morales-Montor
Copyright © 2010 Laura Ramírez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Miguel A. Chávez-Fumagalli, Mariana A.F. Costa, Dulcilene M. Oliveira, Laura Ramírez, Lourena E. Costa, Mariana C. Duarte, Vivian T. Martins, Jamil S. Oliveira, Carlos C. Olortegi, Pedro Bonay, Carlos Alonso, Carlos A.P. Tavares, Manuel Soto, and Eduardo A.F. Coelho, “Vaccination with the Leishmania infantum ribosomal proteins induces protection in BALB/c mice against Leishmania chagasi and Leishmania amazonensis challenge,” Microbes and Infection, vol. 12, no. 12-13, pp. 967–977, 2010.
- Nada S. Daifalla, Abebe Genetu Bayih, and Lashitew Gedamu, “Leishmania donovani recombinant iron superoxide dismutase B1 protein in the presence of TLR-based adjuvants induces partial protection of BALB/c mice against Leishmania major infection,” Experimental Parasitology, vol. 131, no. 3, pp. 317–324, 2012.
- Vahid Heravi Shargh, Mahmoud Reza Jaafari, Ali Khamesipour, Iman Jaafari, Seyed Amir Jalali, Azam Abbasi, and Ali Badiee, “Liposomal SLA co-incorporated with PO CpG ODNs or PS CpG ODNs induce the same protection against the murine model of leishmaniasis,” Vaccine, vol. 30, no. 26, pp. 3957–3964, 2012.
- Marilia S. Faria, Flavia C. G. Reis, and Ana Paula C. A. Lima, “Toll-Like Receptors in Leishmania Infections: Guardians or Promoters?,” Journal of Parasitology Research, vol. 2012, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- M. L. Detoni, M. R. Fessel, A. C. R. G. Maia, G. N. Porcino, L. R. Quellis, P. Faria-Pinto, M. J. Marques, M. A. Juliano, L. Juliano, V. A. Diniz, S. Côrte-Real, S. C. Gonçalves-da-Costa, C. S. F. Souza, and E. G. Vasconcelos, “An antigenic domain of the Leishmania amazonensis nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase (NTPDase 1) is associated with disease progression in susceptible infected mice,” Parasitology Research, 2013.
- Laura Ramírez, Diego M. Santos, Ana P. Souza, Eduardo A.F. Coelho, Aldina Barral, Carlos Alonso, Marta R. Escutia, Pedro Bonay, Camila I. de Oliveira, and Manuel Soto, “Evaluation of immune responses and analysis of the effect of vaccination of the Leishmania major recombinant ribosomal proteins L3 or L5 in two different murine models of cutaneous leishmaniasis,” Vaccine, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 1312–1319, 2013.
- Virginia Iniesta, Silvia Belinchon-Lorenzo, Manuel Soto, Javier Fernandez-Cotrina, Ruben Munoz-Madrid, Isabel Monroy, Victoria Baz, Adela Gomez-Luque, Juan Carlos Parejo, Carlos Alonso, and Luis Carlos Gomez Nieto, “Detection and chronology of parasitic kinetoplast DNA presence in hair of experimental Leishmania major infected BALB/c mice by Real Time PCR,” Acta Tropica, vol. 128, no. 3, pp. 468–472, 2013.
- Hongmei Zhang, and Shujun Shen, “The Numerical Simulation of Space-Time Variable Fractional Order Diffusion Equations,” Numerical Mathematics-Theory Methods and Applications, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 571–585, 2013.
- H. Zhang, F. Liu, P. Zhuang, I. Turner, and V. Anh, “Numerical analysis of a new space–time variable fractional order advection–dispersion equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 242, pp. 541–550, 2014.
- Nancy Gore Saravia, and Diane McMahon-Pratt, “CD4 T cell activation by B cells in human Leishmania (Viannia) infection,” Bmc Infectious Diseases, vol. 14, 2014.
- Alessandra Ricciardi, John P. Dalton, and Momar Ndao, “Evaluation of the immune response and protective efficacy of Schistosoma mansoni Cathepsin B in mice using CpG dinucleotides as adjuvant,” Vaccine, 2014.
- Camila I. de Oliveira, Marta R. Escutia, Carlos Alonso, Pedro Bonay, Carlos A. P. Tavares, Eduardo A. F. Coelho, Manuel Soto, Laura Ramirez, Laura Corvo, Mariana C. Duarte, Miguel A. Chavez-Fumagalli, Diogo G. Valadares, and Diego M. Santos, “Cross-protective effect of a combined L5 plus L3 Leishmania major ribosomal protein based vaccine combined with a Th1 adjuvant in murine cutaneous and visceral leishmaniasis,” Parasites & Vectors, vol. 7, 2014.