- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 520940, 8 pages
Regulatory T Cells and Parasites
1Institute for Tropical Medicine, University of Tübingen, 72074 Tübingen, Germany
2Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, Ladoke Akintola University, PMB 4400, Osogbo, Nigeria
Received 30 June 2011; Revised 19 September 2011; Accepted 4 October 2011
Academic Editor: Luis I. Terrazas
Copyright © 2011 TP. Velavan and Olusola Ojurongbe. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xiangsheng Huang, Vera Kühne, Jürgen F J Kun, Peter T Soboslay, Bertrand Lell, and Velavan Tp, “In-vitro characterization of novel and functional regulatory SNPs in the promoter region of IL2 and IL2R alpha in a Gabonese population,” BMC Medical Genetics, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 117, 2012.
- Luis A. Marcos, and Eduardo Gotuzzo, “Intestinal protozoan infections in the immunocompromised host,” Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 302–308, 2013.
- Edda Sciutto, Graciela Cárdenas, Laura Adalid-Peralta, Gladis Fragoso, Carlos Larralde, and Agnes Fleury, “Human neurocysticercosis: immunological features involved in the host's susceptibility to become infected and to develop disease,” Microbes and Infection, vol. 15, no. 6-7, pp. 524–530, 2013.
- Felix Koukouikila-Koussounda, Francine Ntoumi, Mathieu Ndounga, Hoang V. Tong, Ange-Antoine Abena, and Thirumalaisamy P. Velavan, “Genetic evidence of regulatory gene variants of the STAT6, IL10R and FOXP3 locus as a susceptibility factor in uncomplicated malaria and parasitaemia in Congolese children,” Malaria Journal, vol. 12, 2013.
- Fariborz Bahrami, Haiedeh Darabi, Farhad Riazi-Rad, Vahid Khaze, Soheila Ajdary, and Mohammad Hossein Alimohammadian, “FOXP3 expression and frequency of regulatory T cells in healed individuals from Leishmania major infection and the asymptomatic cases,” Human Immunology, 2014.
- Shin Ae Kang, Mi-Kyung Park, Min Kyoung Cho, Sang Kyun Park, Min Seong Jang, Bo-Gie Yang, Myoung Ho Jang, Dong-Hee Kim, and Hak Sun Yu, “Parasitic Nematode-Induced CD4(+)Foxp3(+)T Cells Can Ameliorate Allergic Airway Inflammation,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 8, no. 12, 2014.
- Christian Ngouadjio Nguetse, Peter G. Kremsner, and Thirumalaisamy P. Velavan, “FOXO3A regulatory polymorphism and susceptibility to severe malaria in Gabonese children,” Immunogenetics, 2014.
- Michelle J. Boyle, Prasanna Jagannathan, Lila A. Farrington, Ijeoma Eccles-James, Samuel Wamala, Tara I. McIntyre, Hilary M. Vance, Katherine Bowen, Felistas Nankya, Ann Auma, Mayimuna Nalubega, Esther Sikyomu, Kate Naluwu, John Rek, Agaba Katureebe, Victor Bigira, James Kapisi, Jordan Tappero, Mary K. Muhindo, Bryan Greenhouse, Emmanuel Arinaitwe, Grant Dorsey, Moses R. Kamya, and Margaret E. Feeney, “Decline of FoxP3+Regulatory CD4 T Cells in Peripheral Blood of Children Heavily Exposed to Malaria,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 11, no. 7, 2015.
- Young-Il Jeong, Sung-Hee Hong, Shin-Hyeong Cho, Won-Ja Lee, and Sang-Eun Lee, “ Toxoplasma gondii Infection Suppresses House Dust Mite Extract-Induced Atopic Dermatitis in NC/Nga Mice ,” Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Research, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 557, 2015.
- Pauline Charruau, Rachel A. Johnston, Daniel R. Stahler, Amanda Lea, Noah Snyder-Mackler, Douglas W. Smith, Bridgett M. vonHoldt, Steven W. Cole, Jenny Tung, and Robert K. Wayne, “Pervasive Effects of Aging on Gene Expression in Wild Wolves,” Molecular Biology and Evolution, pp. msw072, 2016.
- Jeong-Bin Ahn, Shin Ae Kang, Dong-Hee Kim, and Hak Sun Yu, “Activation and Recruitment of Regulatory T Cells via Chemokine Receptor Activation in Trichinella spiralis-Infected Mice,” The Korean Journal of Parasitology, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 163–171, 2016.
- A. Fleury, G. Cardenas, L. Adalid-Peralta, G. Fragoso, and E. Sciutto, “ Immunopathology in Taenia solium neurocysticercosis ,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 147–157, 2016.