- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 274939, 10 pages
Design of a 32-Channel EEG System for Brain Control Interface Applications
Department of Electronic Engineering, Oriental Institute of Technology, 58, Section 2, Szechwan Road, Banciao, New Taipei 220, Taiwan
Received 19 January 2012; Accepted 10 April 2012
Academic Editor: Momiao Xiong
Copyright © 2012 Ching-Sung Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. R. Nuwera, G. Comib, R. Emersonc, et al., “IFCN Standards for Digital Recording of Clinical EEG,” Elsevier Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 106, no. 3, pp. 259–261, 1998.
- E. Niedermeyer and F. L. da Silva, Electroencephalo graphy: Basic Principles, Clinical Applications, and Related Fields, Lippincot Williams & Wilkins, 2004.
- J. Joseph and J. M. Brown, Introduction to Biomedical Equipment Technology, Prentice Hall, 4th edition, 1998.
- J. R. Wolpaw, N. B. Dennis, D. J. McFarland, G. Pfurtscheller, and T. M. Vaughan, “Brain-computer interfaces for communication and control,” Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 113, no. 6, pp. 767–791, 2002.
- J. C. Huhta and J. G. Webster, “60-Hz interference in electro-cardiography,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 20, pp. 91–101, 1973.
- B. C. Baker, “What does ‘Rail to Rail’,” Operation Really Mean, Microchip Technology Analog Design Note ADN009, 2004.
- H. Nyquist, “Certain topics in telegraph transmission theory,” Transactions of the AIEE, vol. 47, pp. 617–644, 1928.
- Eliminating alien crosstalk, Communications News, 2009.
- B. B. Winter and J. G. Webter, “Driven-right-leg circuit design,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 62–66, 1983.
- M. Benning, S. Boyd, A. Cochrane, and D. Uddenberg, “The Experimental Portable EEG/EMG Amplifier,” University of Victoria Faculty of Engineering ELEC 499A Report. In Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements of the Uvic. B.Eng. Degree Requirements Submitted to Dr Peter Driessen Date, pp. 5-6, 2003.
- R. Pallas-Areny, “Interference-rejection characteristics of biopotential amplifiers: a comparative analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 953–959, 1988.
- E. M. Spinelli, R. Pallàs-Areny, and M. A. Mayosky, “AC-coupled front-end for biopotential measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 391–395, 2003.
- J. Karki, “Active low-pass filter design,” Texas Instruments Application Report, 2000.
- B. C. Baker, “How do you choose the right amplifier for your low-pass filter,” TI Design Report, 2007.
- Y. D. Lin, C. D. Tsai, H. H. Huang, D. C. Chiou, and C. P. Wu, “Preamplifier with a second-order high-pass filtering characteristic,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 609–612, 1999.
- J. R. Wolpaw and D. J. McFarland, “Multichannel EEG-based brain-computer communication,” Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 90, no. 6, pp. 444–449, 1994.
- Analog Devices, “ADG726/ADG732 Datasheet,” 2002.
- Analog Devices, “AD8231 Datasheet,” 2007.
- H. Y. Yang and R. Sarpeshkar, “A time-based energy-efficient analog-to-digital converter,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 1590–1601, 2005.
- J. McNeill, M. C. W. Coln, and B. J. Larivee, “‘Split ADC’ architecture for deterministic digital background calibration of a 16-bit 1-MS/s ADC,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 2437–2444, 2005.
- L. Gaddy, “Selecting an A/D Converter,” Application Bulletin, 1995.
- Analog Devices, “AD7663 Datasheet,” 2003.
- S. Nadeem, C. G. Sodini, and H.-S. Lee, “16-channel oversampled analog-to-digital converter,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 1077–1085, 1994.
- Analog Devices, “DsPIC33Fjxxxgpx06/x08/x10 Datasheet,” 2007.
- D. A. Johns and K. Martin, Analog Integrated Circuits Design, John Wiley & Sons, 1997.
- N. Oka, C. Miyazaki, and S. Nitta, “Radiation from a PCB with coupling between a low frequency and a digital signal traces,” in Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, pp. 635–640, August 1998.
- U. Herwig, P. Satrapi, and C. Schönfeldt-Lecuona, “Using the international 10–20 EEG system for positioning of transcranial magnetic stimulation,” Brain Topography, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 95–99, 2003.
- M. Engin, T. Dalbasti, M. Güldüren, E. Davasli, and E. Z. Engin, “A prototype portable system for EEG measurements,” Measurement, vol. 40, no. 9-10, pp. 936–942, 2007.
- O. Friman, I. Volosyak, and A. Gräser, “Multiple channel detection of steady-state visual evoked potentials for brain-computer interfaces,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 742–750, 2007.
- S. T. Ahi, H. Kambara, and Y. Koike, “A dictionary-driven P300 speller with a modified interface,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 6–14, 2011.
- A. Lenhardt, M. Kaper, and H. J. Ritter, “An adaptive P300-based online brain–computer interface,” 2010.
- C. S. Wang, C. W. Liu, T. W. Wang et al., “Controlling power switch system by P300 visual evoked potential,” Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 58–60, pp. 2493–2498, 2011.
- H. P. Huang and L. P. Hsu, “Development of a wearable biomedical health-care system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE IRS/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '05), pp. 1760–1765, 2005.