- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 612316, 18 pages
Rabbit and Mouse Models of HSV-1 Latency, Reactivation, and Recurrent Eye Diseases
1Department of Ophthalmology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC), New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
2Department of Pharmacology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC), New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
3Department of Microbiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC), New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
4Neuroscience Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC), New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
5College of Science and Engineering, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
6Department of Biology, Xavier University of Louisiana, One Drexel Drive, New Orleans, LA 70125, USA
7School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, Princess Anne, MD 21853, USA
8Department of Genetics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC), New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
9Department of Biostatistics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center School of Public Health, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Received 6 January 2012; Revised 4 May 2012; Accepted 22 May 2012
Academic Editor: Andre Van Wijnen
Copyright © 2012 Jody M. Webre et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [23 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nicole M. Nolan, Harris E. McFerrin, Christian Clement, Timothy P. Foster, William P. Halford, Konstantin G. Kousoulas, Walter J. Lukiw, Hilary W. Thompson, Ethan M. Stern, and Partha S. Bhattacharjee, “HSV-1 latent rabbits shed viral DNA into their saliva,” Virology Journal, vol. 9, 2012.
- Zachary Watson, Adit Dhummakupt, Harald Messer, Dane Phelan, and David Bloom, “Role of Polycomb Proteins in Regulating HSV-1 Latency,” Viruses, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 1740–1757, 2013.
- James M. Hill, Ethan M. Stern, Partha S. Bhattacharjee, Daniel Malamud, Christian Clement, Paulo Rodriguez, Walter J. Lukiw, Augusto C. Ochoa, Timothy P. Foster, Cruz Velasco, and Harris E. McFerrin Jr., “The antimicrobial agent C31G is effective for therapy for HSV-1 ocular keratitis in the rabbit eye model,” Antiviral Research, 2013.
- Aswani Dutt Vadlapudi, Ramya Krishna Vadlapatla, Ravinder Earla, Suman Sirimulla, Jake Brain Bailey, Dhananjay Pal, and Ashim K. Mitra, “Novel Biotinylated Lipid Prodrugs of Acyclovir for the Treatment of Herpetic Keratitis (HK): Transporter Recognition, Tissue Stability and Antiviral Activity,” Pharmaceutical Research, 2013.
- Leigh Zerboni, Xibing Che, Mike Reichelt, Yanli Qiao, Haidong Gu, and Ann Arvin, “Herpes Simplex Virus 1 Tropism for Human Sensory Ganglion Neurons in the Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Mouse Model of Neuropathogenesis,” Journal of Virology, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 2791–2802, 2013.
- Rebecca M. Harman, Leen Bussche, Eric C. Ledbetter, and Gerlinde R. Van de Walle, “Establishment and Characterization of an Air-Liquid Canine Corneal Organ Culture Model To Study Acute Herpes Keratitis,” Journal of Virology, vol. 88, no. 23, pp. 13669–13677, 2014.
- Lbachir BenMohamed, Nelson Osorio, Arif A. Khan, Ruchi Srivastava, Lei Huang, John J. Krochmal, Jairo M. Garcia, Jennifer L. Simpson, and Steven L. Wechsler, “Prior Corneal Scarification and Injection of Immune Serum are Not Required Before Ocular HSV-1 Infection for UV-B-Induced Virus Reactivation and Recurrent Herpetic Corneal Disease in Latently Infected Mice,” Current Eye Research, pp. 1–10, 2015.
- V. Hukkanen, R. K. Mattila, K. Harila, S. M. Kangas, H. Paavilainen, A. M. Heape, and I. J. Mohr, “An investigation of herpes simplex virus type 1 latency in a novel mouse dorsal root ganglion model suggests a role for ICP34.5 in reactivation,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 96, no. 8, pp. 2304–2313, 2015.
- Arif A. Khan, Ruchi Srivastava, Aziz A. Chentoufi, Roger Geertsema, Nhi Thi Uyen Thai, Gargi Dasgupta, Nelson Osorio, Mina Kalantari, Anthony B. Nesburn, Steven L. Wechsler, and Lbachir BenMohameda, “Therapeutic Immunization with a Mixture of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 Glycoprotein D-Derived "Asymptomatic" Human CD8(+) T-Cell Epitopes Decreases Spontan,” Journal Of Virology, vol. 89, no. 13, pp. 6619–6632, 2015.
- Joel Rovnak, Peter G. E. Kennedy, Hussain Badani, and Randall J. Cohrs, “A comparison of herpes simplex virus type 1 and varicella-zoster virus latency and reactivation,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 96, no. 7, pp. 1581–1602, 2015.
- Ruchi Srivastava, Arif A. Khan, Jiawei Huang, Anthony B. Nesburn, Steven L. Wechsler, and Lbachir BenMohamed, “A Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 Human Asymptomatic CD8(+) T-Cell Epitopes-Based Vaccine Protects Against Ocular Herpes in a "Humanized'' HLA Transgenic ,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 4013–4028, 2015.
- Lbachir BenMohamed, Nelson Osorio, Ruchi Srivastava, Arif A. Khan, Jennifer L. Simpson, and Steven L. Wechsler, “Decreased reactivation of a herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) latency-associated transcript (LAT) mutant using the in vivo mouse UV-B model of induced reactivation,” Journal of NeuroVirology, 2015.
- Chandran Ramakrishna, Adrianna Ferraioli, Aleth Calle, Thanh K. Nguyen, Harry Openshaw, Patric S. Lundberg, Patrick Lomonte, and Edouard M. Cantin, “Establishment of HSV1 Latency in Immunodeficient Mice Facilitates Efficient In Vivo Reactivation,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 11, no. 3, 2015.
- Lihong Li, Zhuoran Li, Xin Li, Erlin Wang, Fengchao Lang, Yujie Xia, Nigel W. Fraser, Feng Gao, and Jumin Zhou, “Reactivation of HSV-1 following explant of tree shrew brain,” Journal of NeuroVirology, 2015.
- M. K. Kukhanova, A. N. Korovina, and S. N. Kochetkov, “Human herpes simplex virus: Life cycle and development of inhibitors,” Biochemistry (Moscow), vol. 79, no. 13, pp. 1635–1652, 2015.
- Derek J Royer, Alex W Cohen, and Daniel JJ Carr, “The current state of vaccine development for ocular HSV-1 infection,” Expert Review of Ophthalmology, pp. 1–14, 2015.
- Bo Song, Xinjing Liu, Qingzhi Wang, Rui Zhang, Ting Yang, Zhiqiang Han, and Yuming Xu, “Adenovirus-mediated shRNA interference against HSV-1 replication in vitro,” Journal of NeuroVirology, 2016.
- Randall J. Cohrs, Hussain Badani, Nathan Bos, Charles Scianna, Ian Hoskins, Nicholas L. Baird, and Don Gilden, “Alphaherpesvirus DNA replication in dissociated human trigeminal ganglia,” Journal of NeuroVirology, 2016.
- Kevin R. Mott, David Gate, Harry H. Matundan, Yasamin N. Ghiasi, Terrence Town, and Homayon Ghiasi, “CD8(+) T Cells Play a Bystander Role in Mice Latently Infected with Herpes Simplex Virus 1,” Journal Of Virology, vol. 90, no. 10, pp. 5059–5067, 2016.
- Ruchi Srivastava, Xavier Dervillez, Arif A. Khan, Aziz A. Chentoufi, Sravya Chilukuri, Nora Shukr, Yasmin Fazli, Nicolas N. Ong, Rasha E. Afifi, Nelson Osorio, Roger Geertsema, Anthony B. Nesburn, Steven L. Wechsler, and Lbachir BenMohamed, “The Herpes Simplex Virus Latency-Associated Transcript Gene Is Associated with a Broader Repertoire of Virus-Specific Exhausted CD8(+) T Cells Retaine,” Journal Of Virology, vol. 90, no. 8, pp. 3913–3928, 2016.
- Robert G. Abrisch, Tess M. Eidem, Petro Yakovchuk, Jennifer F. Kugel, and James A. Goodrich, “Infection by Herpes Simplex Virus 1 Causes Near-Complete Loss of RNA Polymerase II Occupancy on the Host Cell Genome,” Journal Of Virology, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 2503–2513, 2016.
- Francesco Nicoli, Eleonora Gallerani, Charalampos Skarlis, Mariaconcetta Sicurella, Aurelio Cafaro, Barbara Ensoli, Antonella Caputo, Peggy C. Marconi, and Riccardo Gavioli, “Systemic immunodominant CD8 responses with an effector-like phenotype are induced by intravaginal immunization with attenuated HSV vectors expressing HIV Tat and mediate protection against HSV infection,” Vaccine, 2016.
- Katie J. Barnes, Michael M. Garner, Annabel G. Wise, Michele Persiani, Roger K. Maes, and Matti Kiupel, “Herpes simplex encephalitis in a captive black howler monkey (Alouatta caraya),” Journal Of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 76–78, 2016.