- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 139745, 7 pages
Proteomic Analysis of Trichinella spiralis Muscle Larval Excretory-Secretory Proteins Recognized by Early Infection Sera
Department of Parasitology, Medical College, Zhengzhou University, 40 Daxue Road, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Received 4 April 2013; Accepted 27 May 2013
Academic Editor: Marija Mostarica-Stojković
Copyright © 2013 Li Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Dupouy-Camet, “Presidential address of ICT12 conference: ‘Trichinella and Trichinellosis—a never ending story’,” Veterinary Parasitology, vol. 159, no. 3-4, pp. 194–196, 2009.
- E. Pozio, E. Hoberg, G. La Rosa, and D. S. Zarlenga, “Molecular taxonomy, phylogeny and biogeography of nematodes belonging to the Trichinella genus,” Infection, Genetics and Evolution, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 606–616, 2009.
- E. Pozio, “World distribution of Trichinella spp. infections in animals and humans,” Veterinary Parasitology, vol. 149, no. 1-2, pp. 3–21, 2007.
- J. Cui, Z. Q. Wang, and B. L. Xu, “The epidemiology of human Trichinellosis in China during 2004–2009,” Acta Tropica, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2011.
- J. Dupouy-Camet, W. Kocieka, F. Bruschi, F. Bolas-Fernandez, and E. Pozio, “Opinion on the diagnosis and treatment of human Trichinellosis,” Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 1117–1130, 2002.
- Z. Q. Wang, J. Cui, F. Wu, F. R. Mao, and X. X. Jin, “Epidemiological, clinical and serological studies on Trichinellosis in Henan Province, China,” Acta Tropica, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 255–268, 1998.
- M. A. Gómez-Morales, A. Ludovisi, M. Amati, S. Cherchi, P. Pezzotti, and E. Pozio, “Validation of an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for diagnosis of human Trichinellosis,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 1723–1729, 2008.
- H. Yera, S. Andiva, C. Perret, D. Limonne, P. Boireau, and J. Dupouy-Camet, “Development and evaluation of a Western blot kit for diagnosis of human Trichinellosis,” Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 793–796, 2003.
- M. Escalante, F. Romarís, M. Rodríguez et al., “Evaluation of Trichinella spiralis larva group 1 antigens for serodiagnosis of human Trichinellosis,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 4060–4066, 2004.
- H. R. Gamble, E. Pozio, F. Bruschi, K. Nöckler, C. M. O. Kapel, and A. A. Gajadhar, “International Commission on Trichinellosis: recommendations on the use of serological tests for the detection of Trichinella infection in animals and man,” Parasite, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 3–13, 2004.
- M. Auxiliadora Dea-Ayuela and F. Bolas-Fernandez, “Dynamics of the IgG3 responses following immunisation of BALB/c mice with somatic and excretory/secretory antigens from various Trichinella species,” Folia Parasitologica, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 172–180, 2000.
- Z. Wu, I. Nagano, and Y. Takahashi, “A panel of antigens of muscle larvae of Trichinella spiralis and T. pseudospiralis as revealed by two-dimensional Western blot and immunoelectron microscopy,” Parasitology, vol. 118, no. 6, pp. 615–622, 1999.
- L. B. Forbes, G. D. Appleyard, and A. A. Gajadhar, “Comparison of synthetic tyvelose antigen with excretory-secretory antigen for the detection of Trichinellosis in swine using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay,” Journal of Parasitology, vol. 90, no. 4, pp. 835–840, 2004.
- D. Jung, J. P. Teifke, A. Karger et al., “Evaluation of baculovirus-derived recombinant 53-kDa protein of Trichinella spiralis for detection of Trichinella-specific antibodies in domestic pigs by ELISA,” Parasitology Research, vol. 100, no. 3, pp. 429–437, 2007.
- B. Gottstein, E. Pozio, and K. Nöckler, “Epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and control of Trichinellosis,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 127–145, 2009.
- P. Mahannop, P. Setasuban, N. Morakote, P. Tapchaisri, and W. Chaicumpa, “Immunodiagnosis of human Trichinellosis and identification of specific antigen for Trichinella spiralis,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 87–94, 1995.
- A. Krah and P. R. Jungblut, “Immunoproteomics,” Methods in Molecular Medicine, vol. 94, pp. 19–32, 2004.
- J. Bien, A. Näreaho, P. Varmanen et al., “Comparative analysis of excretory-secretory antigens of Trichinella spiralis and Trichinella britovi muscle larvae by two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis and immunoblotting,” Proteome Science, vol. 10, no. 1, article 10, 2012.
- M. A. Dea-Ayuela and F. Bolás-Fernández, “Two-dimensional electrophoresis and mass spectrometry for the identification of species-specific Trichinella antigens,” Veterinary Parasitology, vol. 132, no. 1-2, pp. 43–49, 2005.
- Z. R. Zhong, H. B. Zhou, X. Y. Li et al., “Serological proteome-oriented screening and application of antigens for the diagnosis of Schistosomiasis japonica,” Acta Tropica, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2010.
- H. R. Gamble, A. S. Bessonov, K. Cuperlovic et al., “International Commission on Trichinellosis: recommendations on methods for the control of Trichinella in domestic and wild animals intended for human consumption,” Veterinary Parasitology, vol. 93, no. 3-4, pp. 393–408, 2000.
- F. Li, J. Cui, Z. Q. Wang, and P. Jiang, “Sensitivity and optimization of artificial digestion in the inspection of meat for Trichinella spiralis,” Foodborne Pathogens and Disease, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 879–885, 2010.
- F. Li, Z. Q. Wang, and J. Cui, “Early detection by polymerase chain reaction of migratory Trichinella spiralis larvae in blood of experimentally infected mice,” Foodborne Pathogens and Disease, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 887–892, 2010.
- C. M. O. Kapel and H. R. Gamble, “Infectivity, persistence, and antibody response to domestic and sylvatic Trichinella spp. in experimentally infected pigs,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 215–221, 2000.
- Z. Q. Wang, L. Wang, and J. Cui, “Proteomic analysis of Trichinella spiralis proteins in intestinal epithelial cells after culture with their larvae by shotgun LC-MS/MS approach,” Journal of Proteomics, vol. 75, no. 8, pp. 2375–2383, 2012.
- M. M. Bradford, “A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 72, no. 1-2, pp. 248–254, 1976.
- X. D. Ni, N. Wang, Y. J. Liu, and C. P. Lu, “Immunoproteomics of extracellular proteins of the Aeromonas hydrophila China vaccine strain J-1 reveal a highly immunoreactive outer membrane protein,” FEMS Immunology and Medical Microbiology, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 363–373, 2010.
- A. Näreaho, K. Ravanko, E. Hölttä, and A. Sukura, “Comparative analysis of Trichinella spiralis and Trichinella nativa proteins by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis,” Parasitology Research, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 349–354, 2006.
- S. W. Wang, Z. Q. Wang, and J. Cui, “Protein change of intestinal epithelial cells induced in vitro by Trichinella spiralis infective larvae,” Parasitology Research, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 593–599, 2011.
- G. Li, M. Waltham, N. L. Anderson, E. Unsworth, A. Treston, and J. N. Weinstein, “Rapid mass spectrometric identification of proteins from two-dimensional polyacrylamide gels after in gel proteolytic digestion,” Electrophoresis, vol. 18, no. 3-4, pp. 391–402, 1997.
- M. W. Robinson, R. Greig, K. A. Beattie, D. J. Lamont, and B. Connolly, “Comparative analysis of the excretory-secretory proteome of the muscle larva of Trichinella pseudospiralis and Trichinella spiralis,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 139–148, 2007.
- J. P. Hewitson, J. R. Grainger, and R. M. Maizels, “Helminth immunoregulation: the role of parasite secreted proteins in modulating host immunity,” Molecular and Biochemical Parasitology, vol. 167, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2009.
- I. van Die and R. D. Cummings, “Glycan gimmickry by parasitic helminths: a strategy for modulating the host immune response?” Glycobiology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 2–12, 2010.
- F. Bolás-Fernandez and L. D. Corral Bezara, “TSL-1 antigens of Trichinella: an overview of their potential role in parasite invasion, survival and serodiagnosis of Trichinellosis,” Research in Veterinary Science, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 297–303, 2006.
- V. K. Todorova, “Proteolytic enzymes secreted by larval stage of the parasitic nematode Trichinella spiralis,” Folia Parasitologica, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 141–145, 2000.
- M. A. Barry and A. Eastman, “Identification of deoxyribonuclease II as an endonuclease involved in apoptosis,” Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 300, no. 1, pp. 440–450, 1993.
- D. Shiokawa, H. Ohyama, T. Yamada, K. Takahashi, and S. Tanuma, “Identification of an endonuclease responsible for apoptosis in rat thymocytes,” European Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 226, no. 1, pp. 23–30, 1994.
- F. Romaris, S. J. North, L. F. Gagliardo, et al., “A putative serine protease among the excretory-secretory glycoproteins of L1 Trichinella spiralis,” Molecular and Biochemical Parasitology, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 149–160, 2002.