- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 193689, 4 pages
Extraction and Separation of Fucoidan from Laminaria japonica with Chitosan as Extractant
Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao 266071, China
Received 22 July 2013; Revised 22 October 2013; Accepted 30 October 2013
Academic Editor: Wei Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Ronge Xing et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. I. Usov, K. S. Adamyants, L. I. Miroshnikova, A. A. Shaposhnikova, and N. K. Kochetkov, “Solvolytic desulphation of sulphated carbohydrates,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 336–338, 1971.
- A. C. Ribeiro, R. P. Vieira, P. A. S. Mourao, and B. Mulloy, “A sulfated α-L-fucan from sea cucumber,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 255, pp. 225–240, 1994.
- A. C. E. S. Vilela-Silva, A. P. Alves, A. P. Valente, V. D. Vacquier, and P. A. S. Mourão, “Structure of the sulfated α-L-fucan from the egg jelly coat of the sea urchin Strongylocentrotus franciscanus: patterns of preferential 2-O- and 4-O-sulfation determine sperm cell recognition,” Glycobiology, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 927–933, 1999.
- A. P. Alves, B. Mulloy, J. A. Diniz, and P. A. S. Mourão, “Sulfated polysaccharides from the egg jelly layer are species-specific inducers of acrosomal reaction in sperms of sea urchins,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 272, no. 11, pp. 6965–6971, 1997.
- G. M. Lipkind, A. S. Shashkov, N. E. Nifant'ev, and N. K. Kochetkov, “Computer-assisted analysis of the structure of regular branched polysaccharides containing 2,3-disubstituted rhamnopyranose and mannopyranose residues on the basis of 13C NMR data,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 237, pp. 11–22, 1992.
- E. A. Khatuntseva, N. E. Ustuzhanina, G. V. Zatonskii, A. S. Shashkov, A. I. Usov, and N. E. Nifant'ev, “Synthesis, NMR and conformational studies of fucoidan fragments 1: 1 desulfated 2,3-and 3,4-branched trisaccharide fragments and constituting disaccharides,” Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 1151–1173, 2000.
- P. Kovac, J. Hirsch, A. S. Shashkov, A. I. Usov, and S. V. Yarotsky, “13C-n.m.r. spectra of xylo-oligosaccharides and their application to the elucidation of xylan structures,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 177–185, 1980.
- I. Ciucanu and F. Kerek, “A simple and rapid method for the permethylation of carbohydrates,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 131, no. 2, pp. 209–217, 1984.
- R. E. Xing, S. Liu, Z. Y. Guo et al., “Relevance of molecular weight of chitosan-N-2-hydroxypropyl trimethyl ammonium chloride and their antioxidant activities,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 336–340, 2008.
- D. H. Napper, Polymeric Stabilization of Colloidal Dispersions, Academic Press, London, UK, 1983.
- L. Chevolot, B. Mulloy, J. Ratiskol, A. Foucault, and S. Colliec-Jouault, “A disaccharide repeat unit is the major structure in fucoidans from two species of brown algae,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 330, no. 4, pp. 529–535, 2001.
- A. O. Chizhov, A. Dell, H. R. Morris et al., “A study of fucoidan from the brown seaweed Chorda filum,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 320, no. 1-2, pp. 108–119, 1999.
- C. Zhuang, H. Itoh, T. Mizuno, and H. Ito, “Antitumor active fucoidan from the brown seaweed, Umitoranoo (Sargassum thunbergii),” Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 563–567, 1995.
- M. E. R. Duarte, M. A. Cardoso, M. D. Noseda, and A. S. Cerezo, “Structural studies on fucoidans from the brown seaweed Sargassum stenophyllum,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 333, no. 4, pp. 281–293, 2001.
- T. N. Zvyagintseva, N. M. Shevchenko, I. B. Popivnich et al., “A new procedure for the separation of water-soluble polysaccharides from brown seaweeds,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 322, no. 1-2, pp. 32–39, 1999.
- M. Marais and J. Joseleau, “A fucoidan fraction from Ascophyllum nodosum,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 336, no. 2, pp. 155–159, 2001.
- D. M. Xue, J. J. Ma, Z. Q. Pei, and X. L. Wang, “A method of cleaning the soaked water of seaweed,” China Patent, 90100214.3.