- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 327424, 5 pages
Detection of the Epstein-Barr Virus and DNA-Topoisomerase II-α in Recurrent and Nonrecurrent Giant Cell Lesion of the Jawbones
Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University, P.O. Box 40, Mansoura 35516, Egypt
Received 8 April 2013; Revised 9 June 2013; Accepted 10 June 2013
Academic Editor: Shekhar Kumta
Copyright © 2013 Manal M. Zyada and Nagla M. Salama. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Kauzman, S. Q. Li, G. Bradley, R. S. Bell, J. S. Wunder, and R. Kandel, “Central giant cell granuloma of the jaws: assessment of cell cycle proteins,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 170–176, 2004.
- L. Barnes, J. W. Eveson, P. Reichart, and D. Sidransky, World Health Organization Classification of Tumors: Pathology and Genetics of Head and Neck Tumors, IARC, Lyon, France, 3rd edition, 2005.
- B. Kruse-Lösler, R. Diallo, C. Gaertner, K.-L. Mischke, U. Joos, and J. Kleinheinz, “Central giant cell granuloma of the jaws: a clinical, radiologic, and histopathologic study of 26 cases,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 101, no. 3, pp. 346–354, 2006.
- F. Gouin, E. Grimaud, F. Redini, A. Moreau, N. Passuti, and D. Heymann, “Metatarsal giant cell tumors and giant cell reparative granuloma are similar entities,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 416, pp. 278–284, 2003.
- J. C. Wang, “DNA topoisomerases,” Annual Review of Biochemistry, vol. 65, pp. 635–692, 1996.
- K. Taniguchi, T. Wakabayashi, T. Yoshikawa et al., “Immunohistochemical staining of DNA topoisomerase IIα in human gliomas,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 477–482, 1999.
- Y. Mao, C. Yu, T.-S. Hsieh et al., “Mutations of human topoisomerase IIα affecting multidrug resistance and sensitivity,” Biochemistry, vol. 38, no. 33, pp. 10793–10800, 1999.
- K. B. Tan, T. E. Dorman, K. M. Falls et al., “Topoisomerase IIα and topoisomerase IIβ genes: characterization and mapping to human chromosomes 17 and 3, respectively,” Cancer Research, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 231–234, 1992.
- K. Iino, H. Sasano, N. Yabuki et al., “DNA topoisomerase IIα and Ki-67 in human adrenocortical neoplasms: a possible marker of differentiation between adenomas and carcinomas,” Modern Pathology, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 901–907, 1997.
- J. I. Cohen, “Epstein-Barr virus infection,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 343, no. 7, pp. 481–492, 2000.
- E.-J. Mao and C. J. Smith, “Detection of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) DNA by the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in oral smears from healthy individuals and patients with squamous cell carcinoma,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 12–17, 1993.
- J. S. Greenspan, D. Greenspan, and E. T. Lennette, “Replication of Epstein-Barr virus within the epithelial cells of oral 'hairy' leukoplakia, an AIDS-associated lesion,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 313, no. 25, pp. 1564–1571, 1985.
- C. Scully, “Oncogenes, tumour suppressors and viruses in oral squamous carcinoma,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 337–347, 1993.
- S. J. Naish, Ed., Handbook. Immunohistochemical Staining Methods, DAKO Corporation, Carpinteria, Santa Barbara, 1989.
- W. G. Shafer, M. K. Hine, and B. M. Levy, Atextbook of Oral Pathology, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 1983.
- A. K. Kondapi, G. Padmaja, N. Satyanarayana, R. Mukhopadyaya, and M. S. Reitz, “A biochemical analysis of topoisomerase II α and β kinase activity found in HIV-1 infected cells and virus,” Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 441, no. 1, pp. 41–55, 2005.
- W. C. Earnshaw, B. Halligan, C. A. Cooke, M. M. Heck, and L. F. Liu, “Topoisomerase II is a structural component of mitotic chromosome scaffolds,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 100, no. 5, pp. 1706–1715, 1985.
- M. Wulling, C. Engels, N. Jesse, et al., “The nature of giant cell tumor of bone,” Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, vol. 127, pp. 467–474, 2001.
- I. A. Doussis, B. Puddle, and N. A. Athanasou, “Immunophenotype of multinucleated and mononuclear cells in giant cell lesions of bone and soft tissue,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 398–404, 1992.
- S. R. Goldring, M. S. Roelke, K. K. Petrison, and A. K. Bhan, “Human giant cell tumors of bone. Identification and characterization of cell types,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 483–491, 1987.
- P. E. A. de Souza, J. F. O. Paim, J. N. Carvalhais, and R. S. Gomez, “Immunohistochemical expression of p53, MDM2, Ki-67 and PCNA in central giant cell granuloma and giant cell tumor,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 54–58, 1999.
- A. Lee, V. A. LiVolsi, and Z. W. Baloch, “Expression of DNA topoisomerase II alpha in thyroid neoplasia,” Modern Pathology, vol. 13, pp. 396–400, 2000.