- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 467682, 3 pages
Cardiometabolic Diseases and Related Complications: Current Status and Future Perspective
1Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 107 Wiggins Road, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5E5
2Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Henry Ford Heart & Vascular Institute, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Received 10 June 2013; Accepted 10 June 2013
Copyright © 2013 Joseph Fomusi Ndisang and Sharad Rastogi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. S. Malik, W. C. Willett, and F. B. Hu, “Global obesity: trends, risk factors and policy implications,” Nature Reviews Endocrinology, vol. 9, pp. 13–27, 2013.
- J. C. Han, D. A. Lawlor, and S. Y. Kimm, “Childhood obesity,” The Lancet, vol. 375, no. 9727, pp. 1737–1748, 2010.
- S. C. Springer, J. Silverstein, K. Copeland, et al., “Management of type 2 diabetes mellitus in children and adolescents,” Pediatrics, vol. 131, pp. 648–664, 2013.
- E. V. Kuklina, X. Tong, M. G. George, and P. Bansil, “Epidemiology and prevention of stroke: a worldwide perspective,” Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 199–208, 2012.
- M. Kataoka, Y. Aimi, R. Yanagisawa, et al., “Alumediated nonallelic homologous and nonhomologous recombination in the BMPR2 gene in heritable pulmonary arterial hypertension,” Genetics in Medicine, 2013.
- C. Fiorillo, G. Brisca, D. Cassandrini, et al., “Subclinical myopathy in a child with neutral lipid storage disease and mutations in the PNPLA2 gene,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 430, pp. 241–244, 2013.
- J. F. Ndisang, “Role of heme oxygenase in inflammation, insulin-signalling, diabetes and obesity,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2010, Article ID 359732, 18 pages, 2010.
- M. Reyman, A. A. Verrijn Stuart, M. van Summeren, et al., “Vitamin D deficiency in childhood obesity is associated with high levels of circulating inflammatory mediators, and low insulin sensitivity,” International Journal of Obesity, 2013.
- D. H. Wei, X. L. Zhang, R. Wang, et al., “Oxidized lipoprotein(a) increases endothelial cell monolayer permeability via ROS generation,” Lipids, vol. 48, pp. 579–586, 2013.
- C. Lackner, “Hepatocellular ballooning in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: the pathologist's perspective,” Expert Review of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 223–231, 2011.
- M. J. Lee, P. Pramyothin, K. Karastergiou, and S. K. Fried, “Deconstructing the roles of glucocorticoids in adipose tissue biology and the development of central obesity,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, 2013.
- J. F. Ndisang and R. Wang, “Novel therapeutic strategies for impaired endothelium-dependent vascular relaxation,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 1237–1247, 2002.
- The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial Research Group, “The effect of intensive treatment of diabetes on the development and progression of long-term complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 329, pp. 977–986, 1993.
- S. Genuth, “Insights from the diabetes control and complications trial/epidemiology of diabetes interventions and complications study on the use of intensive glycemic treatment to reduce the risk of complications of type 1 diabetes,” Endocrine Practice, vol. 12, supplement 1, pp. 34–41, 2006.
- J. J. Sim, S. K. Bhandari, J. Shi et al., “Plasma Renin Activity (PRA) levels and antihypertensive drug use in a large healthcare system,” American Journal of Hypertension, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 379–388, 2012.