- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 470867, 12 pages
Microbial Adhesion and Biofilm Formation on Microfiltration Membranes: A Detailed Characterization Using Model Organisms with Increasing Complexity
1Centre for Surface Chemistry and Catalysis, KU Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 23, P.O. Box 2461, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
2Laboratory of Aquatic Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, KU Leuven, Charles Deberiotstraat 32, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Received 2 April 2013; Accepted 24 June 2013
Academic Editor: Dimitrios Karpouzas
Copyright © 2013 L. Vanysacker et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- L. Vanysacker, P. Declerck, M.R. Bilad, and I. Vankelecom, “Biofouling on microfiltration membranes in MBRs: Role of membrane type and microbial community,” Journal of Membrane Science, 2013.
- Louise Vanysacker, Bart Boerjan, Priscilla Declerck, and Ivo F. J. Vankelecom, “Biofouling ecology as a means to better understand membrane biofouling,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2014.
- L. Vanysacker, R. Bernshtein, and Ivo F. J. Vankelecom, “Effect of chemical cleaning and membrane aging on membrane biofouling using model organisms with increasing complexity,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 457, pp. 19–28, 2014.
- Harshad Lade, Diby Paul, and Ji Hyang Kweon, “ N -Acyl Homoserine Lactone-Mediated Quorum Sensing with Special Reference to Use of Quorum Quenching Bacteria in Membrane Biofouling Control ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–25, 2014.
- Chun-Hong Chen, Yuan Fu, and Da-Wen Gao, “Membrane Biofouling Process Correlated to the Microbial Community Succession in an A/O MBR,” Bioresource Technology, 2015.
- Maya Sharma, Giridhar Madras, and Suryasarathi Bose, “Unique nanoporous antibacterial membranes derived through crystallization induced phase separation in PVDF/PMMA blends,” J. Mater. Chem. A, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 5991–6003, 2015.
- Amir Mahboubi, Päivi Ylitervo, Wim Doyen, Heleen De Wever, and Mohammad J. Taherzadeh, “Reverse membrane bioreactor: Introduction to a new technology for biofuel production,” Biotechnology Advances, 2016.
- Maya Sharma, Nagarajan Padmavathy, Sanjay Remanan, Giridhar Madras, and Suryasarathi Bose, “Facile one-pot scalable strategy to engineer biocidal silver nanocluster assembly on thiolated PVDF membranes for water purification,” RSC Adv., vol. 6, no. 45, pp. 38972–38983, 2016.