- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 517237, 8 pages
Side Population Cells as Prototype of Chemoresistant, Tumor-Initiating Cells
Cancer Research Program, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695014, India
Received 3 May 2013; Accepted 23 September 2013
Academic Editor: Jiing-Kuan Yee
Copyright © 2013 Vinitha Richard et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- David Díaz-Carballo, Sebastian Gustmann, Holger Jastrow, Ali Haydar Acikelli, Philip Dammann, Jacqueline Klein, Ulrike Dembinski, Walter Bardenheuer, Sascha Malak, Marcos J. Araúzo-Bravo, Beate Schultheis, Constanze Aldinger, and Dirk Strumberg, “Atypical Cell Populations Associated with Acquired Resistance to Cytostatics and Cancer Stem Cell Features: The Role of Mitochondria in Nuclear Encapsulation,” DNA and Cell Biology, pp. 140815135042004, 2014.
- Sarah A. Bliss, Steven J. Greco, and Pranela Rameshwar, “Hierarchy of Breast Cancer Cells: Key to Reverse Dormancy for Therapeutic Intervention,” Stem Cells Translational Medicine, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 782–786, 2014.
- Timothy L. Fitzgerald, and James A. McCubrey, “Pancreatic cancer stem cells: Association with cell surface markers, prognosis, resistance, metastasis and treatment,” Advances in Biological Regulation, 2014.
- Han-xiang Zhan, Jian-wei Xu, Dong Wu, Tai-ping Zhang, and San-yuan Hu, “Pancreatic cancer stem cells: New insight into a stubborn disease,” Cancer Letters, 2014.
- Ran-Ju Kim, Eunjin Bae, Young Kwon Hong, Jae Yup Hong, Nam Keun Kim, Hee Jung Ahn, Jong Jin Oh, and Dong Soo Park, “PTEN Loss-Mediated Akt Activation Increases the Properties of Cancer Stem-Like Cell Populations in Prostate Cancer,” Oncology, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 270–279, 2014.
- Stefan Huber, Anja K. Wege, Günther Bernhardt, Armin Buschauer, and Gero Brockhoff, “Topotecan-induced ABCG2 expression in MCF-7 cells is associated with decreased CD24 and EpCAM expression and a loss of tumorigenicity,” Cytometry Part A, 2015.
- Chien-Hsing Lee, and Chung-Yi Chen, “Natural product-based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer stem cells: a patent review (2010 – 2013),” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Rani Ojha, V. Jha, and S.K. Singh, “Gemcitabine and mitomycin induced autophagy regulates cancer stem cells pool in urothelial carcinoma cells,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Cell Research, 2015.
- Wen-Jie Wang, Meng-Yao Wu, Meng Shen, Qiaoming Zhi, Ze-Yi Liu, Fei-Ran Gong, Min Tao, and Wei Li, “Cantharidin and norcantharidin impair sternness of pancreatic cancer cells by repressing the beta-catenin pathway and strengthen the cytotoxicity of g,” International Journal Of Oncology, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 1912–1922, 2015.
- Fatemeh B. Rassouli, Maryam M. Matin, and Morvarid Saeinasab, “Cancer stem cells in human digestive tract malignancies,” Tumor Biology, 2015.
- Miriam López-Gómez, Enrique Casado, Marta Muñoz, Sonia Alcalá, Juan Moreno-Rubio, Gabriele D’Errico, Ana María Jiménez-Gordo, Silvia Salinas, and Bruno Sainz, “Current evidence for cancer stem cells in gastrointestinal tumors and future research perspectives,” Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, 2016.
- Koji Harada, Tarannum Ferdous, Dan Cui, Yasuhiro Kuramitsu, Takuya Matsumoto, Eiji Ikeda, Hideyuki Okano, and Yoshiya Ueyama, “Induction of artificial cancer stem cells from tongue cancer cells by defined reprogramming factors,” BMC Cancer, vol. 16, no. 1, 2016.
- R. Ojha, S.K. Singh, and S. Bhattacharyya, “JAK-mediated Autophagy Regulates Stemness and Cell Survival in Cisplatin Resistant Bladder Cancer Cells,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, 2016.
- Sofia Avnet, and Margherita Cortini, “Role of Pericellular Matrix in the Regulation of Cancer Stemness,” Stem Cell Reviews and Reports, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 464–475, 2016.
- M. Farmakovskaya, N. Khromova, V. Rybko, V. Dugina, B. Kopnin, and P. Kopnin, “E-Cadherin repression increases amount of cancer stem cells in human A549 lung adenocarcinoma and stimulates tumor growth,” Cell Cycle, pp. 00–00, 2016.
- Zhen-Hu Ren, Chen-Ping Zhang, and Tong Ji, “Expression of SOX2 in oral squamous cell carcinoma and the association with lymph node metastasis,” Oncology Letters, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1973–1979, 2016.
- Xiao Li, Zhuochao Zhang, Guoying Lin, Yuanxing Gao, Zhen Yan, Heliang Yin, Bingyi Sun, Fangyuan Wang, Haijun Zhang, Hong Chen, and Dayong Cao, “Antigen-specific T cell response from dendritic cell vaccination using side population cell-associated antigens targets hepatocellular carcinoma,” Tumor Biology, 2016.
- Julia C Eggers, Valentina Martino, Rolland Reinbold, Sebastian D Schäfer, Ludwig Kiesel, Anna Starzinski-Powitz, Andreas N Schüring, Björn Kemper, Burkhard Greve, and Martin Götte, “microRNA miR-200b affects proliferation, invasiveness and stemness of endometriotic cells by targeting ZEB1, ZEB2 and KLF4,” Reproductive BioMedicine Online, 2016.
- Wanyin Chen, Jihu Dong, Jacques Haiech, Marie-Claude Kilhoffer, and Maria Zeniou, “Cancer Stem Cell Quiescence and Plasticity as Major Challenges in Cancer Therapy,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2016, pp. 1–16, 2016.