- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 587451, 10 pages
A pH-Sensitive, Biobased Calcium Carbonate Aragonite Nanocrystal as a Novel Anticancer Delivery System
1Laboratory of Molecular Biomedicine, Institute of Bioscience, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
2Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
Received 12 July 2013; Revised 13 September 2013; Accepted 3 October 2013
Academic Editor: Sanyog Jain
Copyright © 2013 Abdullahi Shafiu Kamba et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- André F. Moreira, Vítor M. Gaspar, Elisabete C. Costa, Duarte de Melo-Diogo, Paulo Machado, Catarina M. Paquete, and Ilídio J. Correia, “Preparation of end-capped pH-sensitive mesoporous silica nanocarriers for on-demand drug delivery,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 2014.
- Abdullahi Shafiu Kamba, Maznah Ismail, Tengku Azmi Tengku Ibrahim, Zuki Abu Bakar Zakaria, and Lawal Hassan Gusau, “In Vitro Ultrastructural Changes of MCF-7 for Metastasise Bone Cancer and Induction of Apoptosis via Mitochondrial Cytochrome C Released by CaCO3/Dox Nanocrystals,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.
- Liuqin Ge, Wenye Yang, Han Lv, Meisheng Xia, Xiaosheng Ji, and Zhitong Yao, “Colorating and mechanical performance of low-density polyethylene (LDPE)/dye-loaded shell powder (DPSP) composites,” Fibers and Polymers, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1294–1302, 2015.
- Solmaz Maleki Dizaj, Farzaneh Lotfipour, Mohammad Barzegar-Jalali, Mohammad-Hossein Zarrintan, and Khosro Adibkia, “Box-Behnken experimental design for preparation and optimization of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride-loaded CaCO3 nanoparticles,” Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 2015.
- Harshita Sharma, Pawan K. Mishra, Sushama Talegaonkar, and Bhuvaneshwar Vaidya, “Metal nanoparticles: a theranostic nanotool against cancer,” Drug Discovery Today, 2015.
- Anhe Wang, Yang Yang, Xiaoming Zhang, Xingcen Liu, Wei Cui, and Junbai Li, “Gelatin-Assisted Synthesis of Vaterite Nanoparticles with Higher Surface Area and Porosity as Anticancer Drug Containers In Vitro,” Chempluschem, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 194–201, 2016.
- Yi Lu, Ye Li, and Wei Wu, “Injected nanocrystals for targeted drug delivery,” Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, 2016.
- Lamin Saidykhan, Md Zuki Bin Abu Bakar, Yaya Rukayadi, Aminu Umar Kura, and Aiful Yazan Latifah, “Development of nanoantibiotic delivery system using cockle shell-derived aragonite nanoparticles for treatment of osteomyelitis,” International Journal Of Nanomedicine, vol. 11, pp. 661–673, 2016.