- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 789326, 7 pages
Molecular Identification and Polymorphism Determination of Cutaneous and Visceral Leishmaniasis Agents Isolated from Human and Animal Hosts in Iran
1Department of Medical Parasitology and Mycology, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences,
Tehran 14155 6446, Iran
2Center for Research of Endemic Parasites of Iran (CREPI), Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
3Pediatric Infections Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
4Department of Medical Entomology and Vector Control, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
5Department of Parasitology, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Tehran, Iran
6School of Public Health, Meshkin-Shahr Research Station, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Received 25 April 2013; Revised 27 July 2013; Accepted 6 August 2013
Academic Editor: Georgios Theodoropoulos
Copyright © 2013 Homa Hajjaran et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Homa Hajjaran, Mehdi Mohebali, Aref Teimouri, Mohammad Ali Oshaghi, Hamed Mirjalali, Elham Kazemi-Rad, Mohammad Reza Shiee, and Saied Reza Naddaf, “Identification and Phylogenetic Relationship of Iranian Strains of Various Leishmania Species Isolated from Cutaneous and Visceral Cases of Leishmaniasis Based on N-Acetyl Glucosamine-1-phosphate Transferase Gene,” Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 2014.
- Gad Baneth, Doni Zivotofsky, Yaarit Nachum-Biala, Daniel Yasur-Landau, and Ana-Maria Botero, “Mucocutaneous Leishmania tropica infection in a dog from a human cutaneous leishmaniasis focus,” Parasites & Vectors, vol. 7, 2014.
- Salehi Ghodratollah, Fata Abdolmajid, Mohaghegh Mohammad Ali, Mousavi Bazzaz Sayyed Mojtaba, Rafatpanah Hushang, and Movahedi Abdolghayom, “Molecular identification of Leishmania species in Taybad district, Iran,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, vol. 4, pp. S535–S539, 2014.
- Adel Spotin, Soheila Rouhani, and Parviz Parvizi, “ The Associations of Leishmania major and Leishmania tropica Aspects by Focusing Their Morphological and Molecular Features on Clinical Appearances in Khuzestan Province, Iran ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–13, 2014.
- C. N. Tsokana, C. Sokos, A. Giannakopoulos, Z. Mamuris, P. Birtsas, K. Papaspyropoulos, G. Valiakos, V. Spyrou, M. Lefkaditis, D. C. Chatzopoulos, M. Kantere, K. Manolakou, A. Touloudi, A. Rodi Burriel, E. Ferroglio, C. Hadjichristodoulou, and C. Billinis, “First evidence of Leishmania infection in European brown hare (Lepus europaeus) in Greece: GIS analysis and phylogenetic position within the Leishmania spp,” Parasitology Research, 2015.
- Naseh Maleki-Ravasan, Mohammad Ali Oshaghi, Davoud Afshar, Mohammad Hossein Arandian, Sara Hajikhani, Amir Ahmad Akhavan, Bagher Yakhchali, Mohammad Hasan Shirazi, Reza Jafari, Koorosh Aminian, Reza Ali Fazeli-Varzaneh, Ravi Durvasula, and Yavar Rassi, “Aerobic bacterial flora of biotic and abiotic compartments of a hyperendemic Zoonotic Cutaneous Leishmaniasis (ZCL) focus,” Parasites & Vectors, vol. 8, no. 1, 2015.
- Laia Solano-Gallego, Sara Montserrrat-Sangrà, Laura Ordeix, and Pamela Martínez-Orellana, “Leishmania infantum-specific production of IFN-γ and IL-10 in stimulated blood from dogs with clinical leishmaniosis,” Parasites & Vectors, vol. 9, no. 1, 2016.
- Farzaneh Kavarizadeh, Shahram Khademvatan, Babak Vazirianzadeh, Mohammad Hossein Feizhaddad, and Mehdi Zarean, “Molecular characterization of Leishmania parasites isolated from sandflies species of a zoonotic cutaneous leishmaniasis in Musiyan south west Iran,” Journal of Parasitic Diseases, 2016.
- Homa Hajjaran, Elham Kazemi-Rad, Mehdi Mohebali, Mohammad A. Oshaghi, Mohammad B. Khadem-Erfan, Elham Hajaliloo, Hossein Reisi Nafchi, and Reza Raoofian, “ Expression analysis of activated protein kinase C gene (LACK1) in antimony sensitive and resistant Leishmania tropica clinical isolates using real-time RT-PCR ,” International Journal of Dermatology, 2016.
- Jun-Rong Zhang, Xian-Guang Guo, Jin-Long Liu, Tian-He Zhou, Xiong Gong, Da-Li Chen, and Jian-Ping Chen, “Molecular detection, identification and phylogenetic inference of Leishmania spp. in some desert lizards from Northwest China by using internal transcribed spacer 1 (ITS1) sequences,” Acta Tropica, 2016.
- Bahador Sarkari, Tahereh Naraki, Mohammad Amin Ghatee, Samaneh Abdolahi Khabisi, and Mohammad Hassan Davami, “Visceral Leishmaniasis in Southwestern Iran: A Retrospective Clinico-Hematological Analysis of 380 Consecutive Hospitalized Cases (1999-2014),” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 3, 2016.
- Mehdi Karamian, Katrin Kuhls, Mina Hemmati, and Mohammad Amin Ghatee, “Phylogenetic structure of Leishmania tropica in the new endemic focus Birjand in East Iran in comparison to other Iranian endemic regions,” Acta Tropica, 2016.
- Hossein Reisi Nafchi, Elham Kazemi-Rad, Mehdi Mohebali, Reza Raoofian, Niloofar Bavarsad Ahmadpour, Mohammad Ali Oshaghi, and Homa Hajjaran, “Expression analysis of viscerotropic leishmaniasis gene in Leishmania species by real-time RT-PCR,” Acta Parasitologica, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 93–97, 2016.