- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 835850, 9 pages
Complex Assessment of the Incidence and Risk Factors of Delirium in a Large Cohort of Cardiac Surgery Patients: A Single-Center 6-Year Experience
1Department of Cardiac Surgery, Upper Silesia Medical Center, Medical University of Silesia, 47 Ziołowa Street, 40-635 Katowice, Poland
2Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Upper Silesia Medical Center, 40-635 Katowice, Poland
31st Department of Cardiology, Upper Silesia Medical Center, Medical University of Silesia, 40-635 Katowice, Poland
4Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Upper Silesia Medical Center, Medical University of Silesia, 40-635 Katowice, Poland
5Department of Biostatistics, Chair of Public Health, Medical University of Silesia, 41-902 Bytom, Poland
Received 10 April 2013; Revised 5 September 2013; Accepted 23 September 2013
Academic Editor: Matthias Thielmann
Copyright © 2013 Łukasz J. Krzych et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Łukasz J. Krzych, Maciej T. Wybraniec, Irena Krupka–Matuszczyk, Michał Skrzypek, and Andrzej A. Bochenek, “DElirium Screening in CARDiac surgery (DESCARD): a useful tool for non-psychiatrists,” Canadian Journal of Cardiology, 2014.
- Katie J. Schenning, and Stacie G. Deiner, “Postoperative Delirium: A Review of Risk Factors and Tools of Prediction,” Current Anesthesiology Reports, 2014.
- Francisco J. Noriega, María T. Vidán, Elísabet Sánchez, Andrea Díaz, José A. Serra-Rexach, Francisco Fernández-Avilés, and Héctor Bueno, “Incidence and Impact of Delirium on Clinical and Functional Outcomes in Older Patients Hospitalized for Acute Cardiac Diseases,” American Heart Journal, 2015.
- Alain Rudiger, Hülya Begdeda, Daniela Babic, Bernard Krüger, Burkhardt Seifert, Maria Schubert, Donat R. Spahn, and Dominique Bettex, “Intra-operative events during cardiac surgery are risk factors for the development of delirium in the ICU,” Critical Care, vol. 20, no. 1, 2016.
- Elise Crocker, Thomas Beggs, Ansar Hassan, André Denault, Yoan Lamarche, Sean Bagshaw, Mahsa Elmi-Sarabi, Brett Hiebert, Kerry Macdonald, Lori Giles-Smith, Navdeep Tangri, and Rakesh C. Arora, “Long-Term Effects of Postoperative Delirium in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Operation: A Systematic Review,” The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2016.
- Vera van der Zanden, Sara J. Beishuizen, Rikie M. Scholtens, Annemarieke de Jonghe, Sophia E. de Rooij, and Barbara C. van Munster, “The Effects of Blood Transfusion on Delirium Incidence,” Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, 2016.
- Yong Guo, Peiyu Jia, Junfeng Zhang, Xuemin Wang, Hong Jiang, and Wei Jiang, “Prevalence and risk factors of postoperative delirium in elderly hip fracture patients,” Journal Of International Medical Research, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 317–327, 2016.
- Masieh Abawi, Freek Nijhoff, Pierfrancesco Agostoni, Marielle H. Emmelot-Vonk, Rehana de Vries, Pieter A. Doevendans, and Pieter R. Stella, “Incidence, Predictive Factors, and Effect of Delirium After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement,” JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 160–168, 2016.