- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 973789, 5 pages
Human Platelet Antigen Alleles in 998 Taiwanese Blood Donors Determined by Sequence-Specific Primer Polymerase Chain Reaction
1Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Medical Biotechnology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, No. 1 Chang-Te Street, Taipei 10048, Taiwan
2Taiwan Blood Services Foundation, 3rd Floor No. 3 Nan-Hai Road, Taipei 10066, Taiwan
3Institute of Biomedical Materials and Tissue Engineering, College of Oral Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 11031, Taiwan
4Human Protein Process Sciences (HPPS), 59000 Lille, France
5Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, No. 7 Chung-Shan Southern Road, Taipei 10016, Taiwan
Received 8 April 2013; Accepted 10 June 2013
Academic Editor: Jeffrey A. Frelinger
Copyright © 2013 Shun-Chung Pai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. J. Kunicki and P. J. Newman, “The molecular immunology of human platelet proteins,” Blood, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 1386–1404, 1992.
- H. Deckmyn, H. Ulrichts, G. Van De Walle, and K. Vanhoorelbeke, “Platelet antigens and their function,” Vox Sanguinis, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. S105–S111, 2004.
- H. Kroll, V. Kiefel, and S. Santoso, “Clinical aspects and typing of platelet alloantigens,” Vox Sanguinis, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 345–354, 1998.
- P. A. Pappalardo, A. R. Secord, P. Quitevis, M. D. Haimowitz, and D. Goldfinger, “Platelet transfusion refractoriness associated with HPA-1a (Pl(A1)) alloantibody without coexistent HLA antibodies successfully treated with antigen-negative platelet transfusions,” Transfusion, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 984–987, 2001.
- B. R. Curtis, “Genotyping for human platelet alloantigen polymorphisms: applications in the diagnosis of alloimmune platelet disorders,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 539–548, 2008.
- H. Tiller, M. K. Killie, P. Chen et al., “Toward a prophylaxis against fetal and neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia: induction of antibody-mediated immune suppression and prevention of severe clinical complications in a murine model,” Transfusion, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 1446–1457, 2012.
- J. Kjeldsen-Kragh, H. Ni, and B. Skogen, “Towards a prophylactic treatment of HPA-related foetal and neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia,” Current Opinion in Hematology, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 469–474, 2012.
- B. Skogen, M. K. Killie, J. Kjeldsen-Kragh et al., “Reconsidering fetal and neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia with a focus on screening and prevention,” Expert Review of Hematology, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 559–566, 2010.
- V. M. J. Novotny, “Prevention and management of platelet transfusion refractoriness,” Vox Sanguinis, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 1999.
- M. F. Murphy and J. B. Bussel, “Advances in the management of alloimmune thrombocytopenia,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 136, no. 3, pp. 366–378, 2007.
- M. Liew, L. Nelson, R. Margraf et al., “Genotyping of human platelet antigens 1 to 6 and 15 by high-resolution amplicon melting and conventional hybridization probes,” Journal of Molecular Diagnostics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 97–104, 2006.
- K. Liu and S. V. Muse, “PowerMaker: an integrated analysis environment for genetic maker analysis,” Bioinformatics, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 2128–2129, 2005.
- M. L. Feng, D. Z. Liu, W. Shen et al., “Establishment of an HPA-1- to -16-typed platelet donor registry in China,” Transfusion Medicine, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 369–374, 2006.
- H. Ohto, T. Yamaguchi, C. Takeuchi, Y. Tohyama, A. Sato, and S. Morita, “Anti-HPA-5b-induced neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia: antibody titre as a predictor,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 110, no. 1, pp. 223–227, 2000.
- V. M. L. Serrarens-Janssen, B. A. Semmekrot, V. M. J. Novotny et al., “Fetal/neonatal allo-immune thrombocytopenia (FNAIT): past, present, and future,” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 239–252, 2008.
- F. Boehlen, J.-F. Balavoine, and P. De Moerloose, “Severe thrombocytopenic purpura due to rubella infection in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus,” Lupus, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 144–146, 2003.
- O. Olerup and H. Zetterquist, “HLA-DR typing by PCR amplification with sequence-specific primers (PCR-SSP) in 2 hours: an alternative to serological DR typing in clinical practice including donor-recipient matching in cadaveric transplantation,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 225–235, 1992.
- J.-Y. Lyou, Y.-J. Chen, H.-Y. Hu, J.-S. Lin, and C.-H. Tzeng, “PCR with sequence-specific primer-based simultaneous genotyping of human platelet antigen-1 to -13w,” Transfusion, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 1089–1095, 2002.
- C.-C. Chu, H.-L. Lee, T. W. Chu, and M. Lin, “The use of genotyping to predict the phenotypes of human platelet antigens 1 through 5 and of neutrophil antigens in Taiwan,” Transfusion, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1553–1558, 2001.
- C. Ghevaert, K. Campbell, J. Walton et al., “Management and outcome of 200 cases of fetomaternal alloimmune thrombocytopenia,” Transfusion, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 901–910, 2007.
- J. O. Bordin, J. G. Kelton, M. N. Warner et al., “Maternal immunization to Gov system alloantigens on human platelets,” Transfusion, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 823–828, 1997.
- J. E. Berry, C. M. Murphy, G. A. Smith et al., “Detection of Gov system antibodies by MAIPA reveals an immunogenicity similar to the HPA-5 alloantigens,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 735–742, 2000.
- X. Xu, Y. Liu, Y. Ying et al., “Human platelet antigen allele frequencies and new mutations on platelet glycoprotein genes in the Chinese Han population,” Transfusion Medicine, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 330–337, 2011.
- S. Tanaka, S. Ohnoki, H. Shibata, Y. Okubo, H. Yamaguchi, and Y. Shibata, “Gene frequencies of human platelet antigens on glycoprotein IIIa in Japanese,” Transfusion, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 813–817, 1996.
- M. Landau and N. Rosenberg, “Molecular insight into human platelet antigens: structural and evolutionary conservation analyses offer new perspective to immunogenic disorders,” Transfusion, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 558–569, 2011.