- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 253013, 7 pages
Polyglot Programming in Applications Used for Genetic Data Analysis
Institute of Electronic Systems, Warsaw University of Technology, Nowowiejska 15/19, 00-665 Warsaw, Poland
Received 30 May 2014; Revised 22 July 2014; Accepted 31 July 2014; Published 14 August 2014
Academic Editor: Brian Oliver
Copyright © 2014 Robert M. Nowak. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Durbin, Biological Sequence Analysis: Probabilistic Models of Proteins and Nucleic Acids, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1998.
- N. C. Jones and P. Pevzner, An Introduction to Bioinformatics Algorithms, The MIT press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2004.
- J. M. Osborne, M. O. Bernabeu, M. Bruna et al., “Ten simple rules for effective computational research,” PLoS Biology, vol. 10, no. 3, Article ID e1003506, 2014.
- G. Wilson, D. Aruliah, C. T. Brown, et al., “Best practices for scientific computing,” PLoS Biology, vol. 12, no. 1, Article ID e1001745, 2014.
- R. Nowak and A. Pajak, C++ Language: mechanisms, design patterns, libraries, BTC, Le gionowo, Poland, 2010.
- J. E. Stone, D. Gohara, and G. Shi, “OpenCL: a parallel programming standard for heterogeneous computing systems,” Computing in Science and Engineering, vol. 12, no. 3, Article ID 5457293, pp. 66–72, 2010.
- P. J. A. Cock, T. Antao, J. T. Chang et al., “Biopython: freely available python tools for computational molecular biology and bioinformatics,” Bioinformatics, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1422–1423, 2009.
- P. B. Darwin and P. Kozlowski, AngularJS Web Application Development, Packt Publishing, Birmingham, UK, 2013.
- R. G. Lavender and D. C. Schmidt, “Active object—an object behavioral pattern for concurrent programming”.
- Bower, a package manager for the web, http://bower.io/.
- R. C. Gentleman, V. J. Carey, D. M. Bates et al., “Bioconductor: open software development for computational biology and bioinformatics,” Genome Biology, vol. 5, no. 10, p. R80, 2004.
- S. Kumar, K. Tamura, and M. Nei, “MEGA3: integrated software for molecular evolutionary genetics analysis and sequence alignment,” Briefings in Bioinformatics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 150–163, 2004.
- M. Sturm, A. Bertsch, C. Gröpl et al., “OpenMS—an open-source software framework for mass spectrometry,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 9, no. 1, article 163, 2008.
- D. Vakatov, The NCBI C++ toolkit book, 2004.
- R. C. G. Holland, T. A. Down, M. Pocock et al., “BioJava: an open-source framework for bioinformatics,” Bioinformatics, vol. 24, no. 18, pp. 2096–2097, 2008.
- J. E. Gewehr, M. Szugat, and R. Zimmer, “BioWeka: extending the Weka framework for bioinformatics,” Bioinformatics, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 651–653, 2007.
- M. Fourment and M. R. Gillings, “A comparison of common programming languages used in bioinformatics,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 9, article 82, 2008.
- A. Binstock, The quiet revolution in programming. Dr. Dobb's , 2013, http://www.drdobbs.com/architecture-and-design/the-quiet-revolution-in-programming/240152206.
- M. Wilkinson, “Gbrowse Moby: a Web-based browser for BioMoby services,” Source Code for Biology and Medicine, vol. 1, no. 1, article 4, 2006.
- H. Itaya, K. Oshita, K. Arakawa, and M. Tomita, “GEMBASSY: an EMBOSS associated software package for comprehensive genome analyses,” Source Code for Biology and Medicine, vol. 8, article 17, 2013.
- J. Goecks, A. Nekrutenko, J. Taylor et al., “Galaxy: a comprehensive approach for supporting accessible, reproducible, and transparent computational research in the life sciences,” Genome Biology, vol. 11, no. 8, article R86, 2010.
- M. Fowler and J. Highsmith, “The agile manifesto,” Software Development, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 28–35, 2001.
- K. Schwaber, Agile Project Management with SCRUM, O'Reilly Media, Sebastopol, Calif, USA, 2004.
- K. Beck and C. Andres, Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change, Addison-Wesley Professional, Boston, Mass, USA, 2004.
- Gunicorn, Python WSGI HTTP server for UNIX, http://gunicorn.org/.