- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 403639, 4 pages
Tissue Factor and Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor in Chronically Inflamed Gallbladder Mucosa
1Department of Histology and Embryology, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, Jordana Street 19, 41-808 Zabrze, Poland
2Municipal Hospital, Chełmońskiego Street 28, 43-600 Jaworzno, Poland
3Department of Pathomorphology, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, 3-go Maja Street 13-15, 41-800 Zabrze, Poland
4Department of Biochemistry, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, Jedności Street 8, 41-200 Sosnowiec, Poland
5Department of Descriptive and Topographic Anatomy, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, Jordana Street 19, 41-808 Zabrze, Poland
Received 1 December 2013; Revised 19 January 2014; Accepted 21 January 2014; Published 27 February 2014
Academic Editor: Saulius Butenas
Copyright © 2014 Jacek Liczko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. J. Barcia, “Histologic analysis of chronic inflammatory patterns in the gallbladder: diagnostic criteria for reporting cholecystitis,” Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 147–153, 2003.
- J. M. Nesland, “Chronic cholecystitis,” Ultrastructural Pathology, vol. 28, no. 3, p. 121, 2004.
- M. Levi, T. van der Poll, and H. R. Büller, “Bidirectional relation between inflammation and coagulation,” Circulation, vol. 109, no. 22, pp. 2698–2704, 2004.
- K.-E. Eilertsen and B. Østerud, “Tissue factor: (patho)physiology and cellular biology,” Blood Coagulation & Fibrinolysis, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 521–538, 2004.
- F. B. Taylor Jr., A. Chang, W. Ruf et al., “Lethal E. coli septic shock is prevented by blocking tissue factor with monoclonal antibody,” Circulatory Shock, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 127–134, 1991.
- L. A. DelGiudice and G. A. White, “The role of tissue factor and tissue factor pathway inhibitor in health and disease states,” Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 23–29, 2009.
- R. J. Shebuski and K. S. Kilgore, “Role of inflammatory mediators in thrombogenesis,” The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, vol. 300, no. 3, pp. 729–735, 2002.
- G. J. Broze Jr., “Tissue factor pathway inhibitor,” Thromb Haemost, vol. 74, pp. 90–93, 1995.
- T. M. Hackeng, L. F. A. Maurissen, E. Castoldi, and J. Rosing, “Regulation of TFPI function by protein S,” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 165–168, 2009.
- H. Asakura, Y. Ontachi, T. Mizutani et al., “Elevated levels of free tissue factor pathway inhibitor antigen in cases of disseminated intravascular coagulation caused by various underlying diseases,” Blood Coagulation & Fibrinolysis, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2001.
- S. Gando, T. Kameue, Y. Morimoto, N. Matsuda, M. Hayakawa, and O. Kemmotsu, “Tissue factor production not balanced by tissue factor pathway inhibitor in sepsis promotes poor prognosis,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1729–1734, 2002.
- P. Golino, M. Ragni, G. Cimmino, and L. Forte, “Role of tissue factor pathway inhibitor in the regulation of tissue factor-dependent blood coagulation,” Cardiovascular Drug Reviews, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 67–80, 2002.
- A. Csendes, G. Smok, P. Burdiles, J. C. Díaz, F. Maluenda, and O. Korn, “Histological findings of gallbladder mucosa in 95 control subjects and 80 patients with asymptomatic gallstones,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 931–934, 1998.
- I. Hudson and D. Hopwood, “Macrophages and mast cells in chronic cholecystitis and “normal” gall bladders,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 1082–1087, 1986.