- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Current Gerontology and Geriatrics Research
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 310610, 6 pages
Assessing Physical Performance in Centenarians: Norms and an Extended Scale from the Georgia Centenarian Study
1Department of Kinesiology, Department of Health Promotion & Behavior, Institute of Gerontology and Ramsey Center, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602-6554, USA
2Osaka University, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
3Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
4University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
Received 13 February 2010; Revised 27 June 2010; Accepted 20 August 2010
Academic Editor: Donald Craig Willcox
Copyright © 2010 M. Elaine Cress et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hyunjee Kim, Taeyong Lee, Sokgoo Lee, Keonyeop Kim, Sungkook Lee, Sin Kam, Sangnam Ahn, Jinmyoung Cho, and Marcia G. Ory, “Factors Associated with ADL and IADL Dependency among Korean Centenarians: Reaching the 100-Year-Old Life Transition,” The International Journal of Aging and Human Development, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 243–264, 2012.
- Alyson Haslam, Dorothy B. Hausman, Adam Davey, M. Elaine Cress, Mary Ann Johnson, and Leonard W. Poon, “Associations Between Anemia and Physical Function in Georgia Centenarians,” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 2362–2363, 2012.
- Massimo Venturelli, Federico Schena, and Russell S. Richardson, “The role of exercise capacity in the health and longevity of centenarians,” Maturitas, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 115–120, 2012.
- Massimo Venturelli, Federico Schena, Renato Scarsini, Ettore Muti, and Russell S. Richardson, “Limitations to exercise in female centenarians: evidence that muscular efficiency tempers the impact of failing lungs,” Age, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 861–870, 2012.
- Perminder S. Sachdev, and Henry Brodaty, “Challenges of Diagnosing Dementia in the Oldest Old Population,” Journals Of Gerontology Series A-Biological Sciences And Medical Sciences, vol. 68, no. 9, pp. 1103–1111, 2013.
- Mariana Chávez-Pantoja, Mariella López-Mendoza, and Percy Mayta-Tristán, “Efecto de un programa de ejercicios fisioterapéuticos sobre el desempeño físico en adultos mayores institucionalizados,” Revista Española de Geriatría y Gerontología, 2014.
- Yasumichi Arai, Hiroki Inagaki, Michiyo Takayama, Yukiko Abe, Yasuhiko Saito, Toru Takebayashi, Yasuyuki Gondo, and Nobuyoshi Hirose, “Physical Independence and Mortality at the Extreme Limit of Life Span: Supercentenarians Study in Japan,” Journals of Gerontology Series A-Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 486–494, 2014.
- Alyson Haslam, Mary Ann Johnson, Dorothy B. Hausman, M. Elaine Cress, Denise K. Houston, Adam Davey, Leonard W. Poon, and Georgia Centenarian Study, “Vitamin D Status Is Associated With Grip Strength in Centenarians,” Journal of Nutrition in Gerontology and Geriatrics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 35–46, 2014.
- Joseph Shiu Kwong Kwan, Bobo Hi Po Lau, and Karen Siu Lan Cheung, “Toward a Comprehensive Model of Frailty: An Emerging Concept From the Hong Kong Centenarian Study,” Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, 2015.
- Claudio Córdova, Daniel A. Boullosa, Misael R.M. Custódio, Luiz A. Quaglia, Simone N. Santos, Wladimir M. Freitas, Andrei C. Sposito, and Otávio T. Nóbrega, “Atheroprotective Properties of Serum IGF-1 in the Carotid and Coronary Territories and Beneficial Role on the Physical Fitness of the Oldest Old,” The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, pp. glv216, 2015.
- Henry Brodaty, Claudia Woolf, Stacy Andersen, Nir Barzilai, Carol Brayne, Karen Siu-Lan Cheung, Maria M. Corrada, John D. Crawford, Catriona Daly, Yasuyuki Gondo, Bo Hagberg, Nobuyoshi Hirose, Henne Holstege, Claudia Kawas, Jeffrey Kaye, Nicole A. Kochan, Bobo Hi-Po Lau, Ugo Lucca, Gabriella Marcon, Peter Martin, Leonard W. Poon, Robyn Richmond, Jean-Marie Robine, Ingmar Skoog, Melissa J. Slavin, Jan Szewieczek, Mauro Tettamanti, José Viña, Thomas Perls, and Perminder S. Sachdev, “ICC-dementia (International Centenarian Consortium - dementia): an international consortium to determine the prevalence and incidence of dementia in centenarians across diverse ethnoracial and sociocultural groups,” BMC Neurology, vol. 16, no. 1, 2016.