- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience
Volume 2007 (2007), Article ID 39714, 9 pages
An Algorithm for Idle-State Detection in Motor-Imagery-Based Brain-Computer Interface
Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Received 28 February 2007; Accepted 27 May 2007
Academic Editor: Andrzej Cichocki
Copyright © 2007 Dan Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. R. Wolpaw, N. Birbaumer, D. J. McFarland, G. Pfurtscheller, and T. M. Vaughan, “Brain-computer interfaces for communication and control,” Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 113, no. 6, pp. 767–791, 2002.
- G. Pfurtscheller and C. Neuper, “Motor imagery and direct brain-computer communication,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 89, no. 7, pp. 1123–1134, 2001.
- M. Jeannerod, “Mental imagery in the motor context,” Neuropsychologia, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 1419–1432, 1995.
- G. Pfurtscheller and F. H. Lopes da Silva, “Event-related EEG/MEG synchronization and desynchronization: basic principles,” Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 110, no. 11, pp. 1842–1857, 1999.
- Y. Wang, P. Berg, and M. Scherg, “Common spatial subspace decomposition applied to analysis of brain responses under multiple task conditions: a simulation study,” Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 604–614, 1999.
- Y. Wang, Z. Zhang, Y. Li, X. Gao, S. Gao, and F. Yang, “BCI competition 2003—data set IV: an algorithm based on CSSD and FDA for classifying single-trial EEG,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1081–1086, 2004.
- H. Ramoser, J. Müller-Gerking, and G. Pfurtscheller, “Optimal spatial filtering of single trial EEG during imagined hand movement,” IEEE Transactions on Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 441–446, 2000.
- D. Garrett, D. A. Peterson, C. W. Anderson, and M. H. Thaut, “Comparison of linear, nonlinear, and feature selection methods for EEG signal classification,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 141–144, 2003.
- L. Breiman, “Bagging predictors,” Machine Learning, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 123–140, 1996.
- G. Dornhege, B. Blankertz, G. Curio, and K.-R. Müller, “Boosting bit rates in noninvasive EEG single-trial classifications by feature combination and multiclass paradigms,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 993–1002, 2004.
- B. Blankertz, K.-R. Müller, D. J. Krusienski, et al., “The BCI competition III: validating alternative approaches to actual BCI problems,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 153–159, 2006.