- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 918510, 11 pages
Iterative Methods for Obtaining Energy-Minimizing Parametric Snakes with Applications to Medical Imaging
1Department of Mathematics, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, George Baritiu Street, no. 25, 400020 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
2Department of Ultrasonography, University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Iuliu Haţieganu” Cluj-Napoca, Victor Babeş Street, no. 8, 400079 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
3Department of Computer Science, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, George Baritiu Street, no. 26-28, 400027 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Received 30 September 2011; Accepted 8 November 2011
Academic Editor: Maria Crisan
Copyright © 2012 Alexandru Ioan Mitrea et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Fischler and R. A. Elschlager, “The representation and matching of pictorial structures,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. C-22, no. 1, pp. 67–92, 1973.
- B. Widrow, “The rubber mask technique, part I,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 175–211, 1973.
- T. McInerney and D. Terzopoulos, “Deformable models in medical image analysis: a survey,” Medical Image Analysis, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 91–108, 1996.
- D. Terzopoulos, “On matching deformable models to images,” Tech. Rep. 60, Schlumberger Palo Alto Research, 1986, Reprinted in Topical Meeting on Machine Vision, Technical Digest Series, vol. 12, pp.160–167, Optical Society of America, Washington, DC, USA, 1987.
- M. Kass, A. Witkin, and D. Terzopoulos, “Snakes: active contour models,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 321–331, 1988.
- D. Terzopoulos and K. Fleischer, “Deformable models,” The Visual Computer, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 306–331, 1988.
- V. Caselles, F. Catté, T. Coll, and F. Dibos, “A geometric model for active contours in image processing,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 1–31, 1993.
- R. Malladi, J. A. Sethian, and B. C. Vemuri, “Shape modeling with front propagation: a level set approach,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 158–175, 1995.
- S. Osher and J. A. Sethian, “Fronts propagating with curvature-dependent speed: algorithms based on Hamilton-Jacobi formulations,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 12–49, 1988.
- L. He, Z. Peng, B. Everding et al., “A comparative study of deformable contour methods on medical image segmentation,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 141–163, 2008.
- R. Hegadi, A. Kop, and A. Hangarge, “A survey on deformable model and its applications to medical imaging,” in IJCA Special Issue on Recent Trends in Image Processing and Pattern Recognition, pp. 64–75, 2010.
- S. Y. Chen and Q. Guan, “Parametric shape representation by a deformable NURBS model for cardiac functional measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 58, no. 3 PART 1, pp. 480–487, 2011.
- S. Y. Chen, J. Zhang, Q. Guan, and S. Liu, “Detection and amendment of shape distortions based on moment invariants for active shape models,” IET Image Processing, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 273–285, 2011.
- S. Chen, Y. Zheng, C. Cattani, and W. Wang, “Modeling of biological intelligence for SCM system optimization,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 769702, 2012.
- S. Y. Chen, M. Zhao, G. Wu, and C. Yao, “Recent advances in morphological cell image analysis,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 101536, 2012.
- A. A. Amini, T. E. Weymouth, and R. C. Jain, “Using dynamic programming for solving variational problems in vision,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 855–867, 1990.
- S. Nedevschi and D. Mitrea, “Contour detection based on active contour models,” Bulletin of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, vol. 2275, pp. 107–118, 2003.
- N. Rougon and F. Prêteux, “Directional adaptive deformable models for segmentation,” Journal of Electronic Imaging, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 231–256, 1998.
- L. D. Cohen and I. Cohen, “Finite-element methods for active contour models and balloons for 2-D and 3-D images,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 1131–1147, 1993.
- I. Cohen, L. D. Cohen, and N. Ayache, “Using deformable surfaces to segment 3-D images and infer differential structures,” CVGIP: Image Understanding, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 242–263, 1992.
- G. Aubert and P. Kornprobst, Mathematical Problems in Image Processing, Partial Differential Equations and Calculus of Variations, Springer, 2002.
- R. Richtmeyer and K. Morton, Difference Methods for Initial Value Problems, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1971.