- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 373082, 8 pages
Nonrigid Medical Image Registration Based on Mesh Deformation Constraints
1Faculty of Electronic Information and Electrical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
2Laboratory of Computer Science, Information Processing and Systems, University of Rouen, 76183 Rouen, France
3Department of Radiology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Dalian Medical University, Dalian 116027, China
Received 1 December 2012; Accepted 4 January 2013
Academic Editor: Peng Feng
Copyright © 2013 XiangBo Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Gholipour, N. Kehtarnavaz, R. Briggs, M. Devous, and K. Gopinath, “Brain functional localization: a survey of image registration techniques,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 427–451, 2007.
- M. Holden, “A review of geometric transformations for nonrigid body registration,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 111–128, 2008.
- A. Klein, J. Andersson, B. A. Ardekani et al., “Evaluation of 14 nonlinear deformation algorithms applied to human brain MRI registration,” NeuroImage, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 786–802, 2009.
- G. E. Christensen and H. J. Johnson, “Consistent image registration,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 568–582, 2001.
- H. J. Johnson and G. E. Christensen, “Consistent landmark and intensity-based image registration,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 450–461, 2002.
- D. Rueckert, L. I. Sonoda, C. Hayes, D. L. G. Hill, M. O. Leach, and D. J. Hawkes, “Nonrigid registration using free-form deformations: application to breast MR images,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 712–721, 1999.
- J. P. Thirion, “Image matching as a diffusion process: an analogy with Maxwell's demons,” Medical Image Analysis, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 243–260, 1998.
- T. Rohlfing Jr., C. R. Maurer, D. A. Bluemke, and M. A. Jacobs, “Volume-preserving nonrigid registration of MR breast images using free-form deformation with an incompressibility constraint,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 730–741, 2003.
- P. Dupuis, U. Grenander, and M. I. Miller, “Variational problems on flows of diffeomorphisms for image matching,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 587–600, 1998.
- J. Ashburner, “A fast diffeomorphic image registration algorithm,” NeuroImage, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 95–113, 2007.
- T. Vercauteren, X. Pennec, A. Perchant, and N. Ayache, “Diffeomorphic demons: efficient non-parametric image registration,” NeuroImage, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. S61–72, 2009.
- M. I. Miller, A. Trouvé, and L. Younes, “On the metrics and Euler-Lagrange equations of computational anatomy,” Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 4, pp. 375–405, 2002.
- M. F. Beg, M. I. Miller, A. Trouvé, and L. Younes, “Computing large deformation metric mappings via geodesic flows of diffeomorphisms,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 139–157, 2005.
- O. Musse, F. Heitz, and J. P. Armspach, “Topology preserving deformable image matching using constrained hierarchical parametric models,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1081–1093, 2001.
- V. Noblet, C. Heinrich, F. Heitz, and J. P. Armspach, “3-D deformable image registration: a topology preservation scheme based on hierarchical deformation models and interval analysis optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 553–566, 2005.
- B. Karaçalı and C. Davatzikos, “Estimating topology preserving and smooth displacement fields,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 23, pp. 868–880, 2004.
- M. Sdika, “A fast nonrigid image registration with constraints on the Jacobian using large scale constrained optimization,” IEEE transactions on medical imaging, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 271–281, 2008.
- X. Pennec, P. Cachier, and N. Ayache, “Understanding the “Demon’s algorithm”: 3D non-rigid registration by gradient descent,” in 2nd International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI ’99), pp. 19597–22605, Cambridge, UK, September 1999.
- J. K. Aggarwal and N. Nandhakumar, “On the computation of motion from sequences of images—a review,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 76, no. 8, pp. 917–935, 1988.
- X. Lin, T. Qiu, F. Morain-Nicolier, and S. Ruan, “A topology preserving non-rigid registration algorithm with integration shape knowledge to segment brain subcortical structures from MRI images,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 2418–2427, 2010.
- D. R. Mcdaniel and S. A. Morton, “Efficient mesh deformation for computational stability and control analyses on unstructured viscous meshes,” in Proceedings of the 47th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, AIAA Paper 2009-1363, Orlando, Fla, USA, January 2009.
- X. Zhou, S. X. Li, S. L. Sun, J. F. Liu, and B. Chen, “Advances in the research on unstructured mesh deformation,” Advances in Mechanics, vol. 41, pp. 547–561, 2011.
- J. T. Batina, “Unsteady Euler airfoil solutions using unstructured dynamic meshes,” AIAA journal, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 1381–1388, 1990.
- F. J. Blom, “Considerations on the spring analogy,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, vol. 32, pp. 647–668, 2000.
- P. Cachier, E. Bardinet, D. Dormont, X. Pennec, and N. Ayache, “Iconic feature based nonrigid registration: the PASHA algorithm,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 89, no. 2-3, pp. 272–298, 2003.
- D. W. Shattuck and R. M. Leahy, “Brainsuite: an automated cortical surface identification tool,” Medical Image Analysis, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 129–142, 2002.
- S. M. Smith, M. Jenkinson, M. W. Woolrich et al., “Advances in functional and structural MR image analysis and implementation as FSL,” NeuroImage, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. S208–S219, 2004.
- T. Vercauteren, X. Pennec, A. Perchant, and N. Ayache, “Diffeomorphic demons: efficient non-parametric image registration,” NeuroImage, vol. 45, supplement 1, pp. S61–S72, 2009.
- R. Kikinis, M. E. Shenton, D. V. Losifescu et al., “A digital brain atlas for surgical planning, model-driven segmentation, and teaching,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 232–241, 1996.
- “Internet brain segmentation repository,” M. G. H. Technical Report, Center for Morphometric Analysis IBSR, 2000, http://www.cma.mgh.harvard.edu/ibsr/.