- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 619385, 8 pages
Computational Approach to Seasonal Changes of Living Leaves
1School of Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University of Science and Technology, Hangzhou 310023, China
2Key Laboratory of Visual Media Intelligent Processing Technology of Zhejiang Province, Hangzhou 310023, China
Received 10 December 2012; Accepted 17 January 2013
Academic Editor: Carlo Cattani
Copyright © 2013 Ying Tang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Cattani, R. Badea, S. Chen, and M. Crisan, “Biomedical signal processing and modeling complexity of living systems,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 298634, 2 pages, 2012.
- Q. Xu, Research on techniques of mesh deformation [Ph.D. thesis], Zhejiang University, 2009.
- P. Prusinkiewicz, L. Mündermann, R. Karwowski, and B. Lane, “The use of positional information in the modeling of plants,” in Proceedings of the Computer Graphics Annual Conference (SIGGRAPH 2001), pp. 289–300, August 2001.
- L. Mündermann, P. MacMurchy, J. Pivovarov, and P. Prusinkiewicz, “Modeling lobed leaves,” in Proceedings of the Computer Graphics International (CGI'03), pp. 60–65, July 2003.
- S. Y. Chen, “Cardiac deformation mechanics from 4D images,” Electronics Letters, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 609–611, 2007.
- S. M. Hong, B. Simpson, and G. V. G. Baranoski, “Interactive venation-based leaf shape modeling,” Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, vol. 16, no. 3-4, pp. 415–427, 2005.
- S. L. Lu, C. J. Zhao, and X. Y. Guo, “Venation skeleton-based modeling plant leaf wilting,” International Journal of Computer Games Technology, vol. 2009, Article ID 890917, 8 pages, 2009.
- X. Y. Chi, B. Sheng, Y. Y. Chen, and E. H. Wu, “Physically based simulation of weathering plant leaves,” Chinese Journal of Computers, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 221–230, 2009.
- M. Braitmaier, J. Diepstraten, and T. Ertl, “Real-time rendering of seasonal influenced trees,” in Proceedings of the Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics, pp. 152–159, Bournemouth, UK, June 2004.
- B. Desbenoit, E. Galin, S. Akkouche, and J. Grosjean, “Modeling autumn sceneries,” in Proceeding of the Eurographics, pp. 107–110, 2006.
- P. Prusinkiewicz and A. Lindennmyer, Algorithmic Beauty of Plants, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1990.
- S. B. Zhang and J. Z. Wang, “Improvement of plant structure modeling based on L-system,” Journal of Image and Graphics, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 457–460, 2002.
- L. Quan, P. Tan, G. Zeng, L. Yuan, J. D. Wang, and S. B. Kang, “Image-based plant modeling,” ACM Transactions on Graphics, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 599–604, 2006.
- P. Tan, G. Zeng, J. D. Wang, S. B. Kang, and L. Quan, “Image-based tree modeling,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGGRAPH 2007, New York, NY, USA, August 2007.
- L. P. Chew, “Guaranteed-quality triangular meshes,” Tech. Rep. TR-89-983, Department of Computer Science, Cornell University, 1989.
- N. Dengler and J. Kang, “Vascular patterning and leaf shape,” Current Opinion in Plant Biology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 50–56, 2001.
- A. Runions, M. Fuhrer, B. Lane, P. Federl, A. G. Rolland-Lagan, and P. Prusinkiewicz, “Modeling and visualization of leaf venation patterns,” ACM Transactions on Graphics, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 702–711, 2005.
- Z. J. Ma and Y. M. Jiang, “Chinar leaf simulation,” Computer Simulation, vol. 26, no. 2, 2009.
- T. W. Sederberg and S. R. Parry, “Free-form deformation of solid geometric models,” Computer Graphics, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 151–160, 1986.
- L. H. de Figueiredo, J. de Miranda Gomes, D. Terzopoulos, and L. Velho, “Physically-based methods for polygonization of implicit surfaces,” in Proceedings of the Graphics Interface '92, pp. 250–257, May 1992.
- G. R. Liu, J. H. Lin, X. D. Liu, and F. R. Zhao, “Free-form definition based on three-dimensional space,” Microelectronics and Computer, vol. 25, no. 7, 2008.
- X. Provot, “Deformation constraints in a mass-spring model to describe rigid cloth behavior,” in Proceedings of the Graphics Interface Conference '95, pp. 147–154, May 1995.
- Y. Tang and K. F. Yang, “Research on visualization of deformation of three-dimensional leaves,” Computer Simulation, vol. 28, no. 5, 2011.
- N. Chiba, K. Ohshida, K. Muraoka, and N. Saito, “Visual simulation of leaf arrangement and autumn colours,” Journal of Visualization and Computer Animation, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 79–93, 1996.
- N. Zhou, W. Dong, and X. Mei, “Realistic simulation of seasonal variant maples,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Plant Growth Modeling and Applications (PMA'06), pp. 295–301, Beijing, China, November 2006.
- X. Y. Chi, B. Sheng, M. Yang, Y. Y. Chen, and E. H. Wu, “Simulation of autumn leaves,” Journal of Software, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 702–712, 2009.
- S. Y. Chen, Y. H. Wang, and C. Cattani, “Key issues in modeling of complex 3D structures from video sequences,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 856523, 17 pages, 2012.
- J. Zhang, S. Chen, S. Liu, and Q. Guan, “Normalized weighted shape context and its application in feature-based matching,” Optical Engineering, vol. 47, no. 9, Article ID 097201, 2008.
- B. A. Lewis and J. S. Robinson, “Triangulation of planar regions with applications,” The Computer Journal, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 324–332, 1978.
- G. Macedonio and M. T. Pareschi, “An algorithm for the triangulation of arbitrarily distributed points: applications to volume estimate and terrain fitting,” Computers and Geosciences, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 859–874, 1991.
- S. Y. Chen and Q. Guan, “Parametric shape representation by a deformable NURBS model for cardiac functional measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 480–487, 2011.
- V. J. D. Tsai, “Delaunay triangulations in TIN creation: an overview and a linear-time algorithm,” International Journal of Geographical Information Systems, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 501–524, 1993.
- L. Markosian, J. M. Cohen, T. Crulli, and J. Hughes, “Skin: a constructive approach to modeling free-form shapes,” in Proceedings of the SIGGRAPH Conference'99, pp. 393–400, 1999.
- H. Liu, C. Chen, and B. L. Shi, “Simulation of 3D garment based on improved spring-mass model,” Journal of Software, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 619–627, 2003.
- X. P. Sun, W. W. Zhao, and X. D. Liu, “Dynamic cloth simulation based on velocity constraint,” Computer Engineering and Applications, vol. 44, no. 31, pp. 191–194, 2008.