- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 574125, 5 pages
Familial Florid Cemento-Osseous Dysplasia: A Rare Manifestation in an Indian Family
1Faculty of Dental Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi 221005, India
2Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, UP Dental College, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow 227105, India
Received 29 August 2012; Accepted 17 October 2012
Academic Editors: R. A. de Mesquita and P. I. Varela-Centelles
Copyright © 2012 Adit Srivastava et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. A. Said-al-Naief and E. Surwillo, “Florid osseous dysplasia of the mandible: report of a case,” Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 1017–1032, 1999.
- R. J. Melrose, A. M. Abrams, and B. G. Mills, “Florid osseous dysplasia. A clinical pathologic study of thirty four cases,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 62–82, 1976.
- C. A. Waldron, “Fibro-osseous lesions of the jaws,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 249–262, 1985.
- W. Jerjes, B. Banu, B. Swinson, and C. Hopper, “Florid cemento-osseous dysplasia in a young Indian woman. A case report,” British Dental Journal, vol. 198, no. 8, pp. 477–478, 2005.
- M. Mangala, D. Ramesh, P. Surekha, and P. Santosh, “Florid cemento-osseous dysplasia: review and report of two cases,” Indian Journal of Dental Research, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 131–134, 2006.
- I. R. H. Kramer, J. J. Pindborg, and M. Shear, “Neoplasm and other lesion related to bone,” in Histologic Typing of Odontogenic Tumors, World Health Organisation, Ed., pp. 28–31, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1992.
- S. R. Singer, M. Mupparapu, and J. Rinaggio, “Florid cementoosseous dysplasia and chronic diffuse osteomyelitis: report of a simultaneous presentation and review of the literature,” Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 136, no. 7, pp. 927–931, 2005.
- L. Fun-Chee and Y. Jinn-Fei, “Florid osseous dysplasia in orientals,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 748–753, 1989.
- L. C. Schneider and M. L. Mesa, “Differences between florid osseous dysplasia and chronic diffuse sclerosing osteomyelitis,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 308–312, 1990.
- R. P. Langlais, O. E. Langland, and C. J. Nortje, Diagnostic Imaging of the Jaws, Williams & Wilkins, Malvern, UK, 1st edition, 1995.
- S. K. Young, N. R. Markowitz, S. Sullivan, T. W. Seale, and R. Hirschi, “Familial gigantiform cementoma: classification and presentation of a large pedigree,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 740–747, 1989.
- K. Oikarinen, M. Altonen, and R. P. Happonen, “Gigantiform cementoma affecting a Caucasian family,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 194–197, 1991.
- A. Toffanin, R. Benetti, and R. Manconi, “Familial florid cemento-osseous dysplasia: a case report,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 1440–1446, 2000.
- R. Gariba-Silva, M. D. Sousa-Neto, J. R. Carvalho Jr., P. C. Saquy, and J. D. Pecora, “Periapical cemental dysplasia: case report,” Brazilian Dental Journal, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 55–57, 1999.
- D. D. Damm and J. E. Fantasia, “Multifocal mixed radiolucencies. Florid cemento-osseous dysplasia,” General Dentistry, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 461–538, 2001.
- M. Gonçalves, R. Píspico, F. D. A. Alves, C. E. B. Lugão, and A. Gonçalves, “Clinical, radiographic, biochemical and histological findings of florid cemento-osseous dysplasia and report of a case,” Brazilian Dental Journal, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 247–250, 2005.
- M. Miyake and S. Nagahata, “Florid cemento-osseous dysplasia report of a case,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 56–57, 1999.
- P. Pitak-Arnnop, K. Dhanuthai, A. Chaine, J. C. Bertrand, and C. Bertolus, “Florid osseous dysplasia: report of a case presenting acute cellulitis,” Medicina Oral, Patologia Oral y Cirugia Bucal, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. e461–e464, 2009.