- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 205691, 7 pages
Resistance Exercise Reduces Skeletal Muscle Cachexia and Improves Muscle Function in Rheumatoid Arthritis
1Human Performance Laboratory, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506-9227, USA
2Laboratory of Muscle Biology and Sarcopenia, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506-9227, USA
3Division of Exercise Physiology, Center for Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506-9227, USA
4Department of Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506-9227, USA
5Division of Exercise Physiology, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University School of Medicine, 1 Medical Center, P.O. Box 9227, Morgantown, WV 26506-9227, USA
Received 30 June 2011; Accepted 1 September 2011
Academic Editor: Peter Schwarz
Copyright © 2011 Salaheddin Sharif et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [2 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Fabiana B. Benatti, and Bente K. Pedersen, “Exercise as an anti-inflammatory therapy for rheumatic diseases—myokine regulation,” Nature Reviews Rheumatology, 2014.
- B. K. Pedersen, and B. Saltin, “Exercise as medicine - evidence for prescribing exercise as therapy in 26 different chronic diseases,” Scandinavian Journal Of Medicine & Science In Sports, vol. 25, pp. 1–72, 2015.