- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 480476, 7 pages
Inflammatory Pseudotumor of the Temporal Bone: Three Cases and a Review of the Literature
1Department of Otolaryngology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing 210029, China
2Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
3Department of Radiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Received 10 October 2012; Revised 7 December 2012; Accepted 21 December 2012
Academic Editor: Peter S. Roland
Copyright © 2013 Huiqin Tian et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. M. Coffin, J. Watterson, J. R. Priest, and L. P. Dehner, “Extrapulmonary inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor (inflammatory pseudotumor): a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 84 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 859–872, 1995.
- N. Yanagihara, M. Segoe, K. Gyo, and N. Ueda, “Inflammatory pseudotumor of the facial nerve as a cause of recurrent facial palsy: case report,” American Journal of Otology, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 199–202, 1991.
- N. C. Benton, H. W. Korol, and L. T. Smyth, “Plasma cell granuloma of the middle ear and mastoid: case report,” Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology, vol. 101, no. 1 I, pp. 92–94, 1992.
- B. H. Nam, K. S. Rha, J. Y. Yoo, and C. Park, “Plasma cell granuloma of the temporal bone: a case report,” Head and Neck, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 457–459, 1994.
- J. B. Wiseman, M. A. Arriaga, G. D. Houston, and E. M. Boyd, “Facial paralysis and inflammatory pseudotumor of the facial nerve in a child,” Otolaryngology, vol. 113, no. 6, pp. 826–828, 1995.
- J. J. S. Mulder, C. W. R. J. Cremers, F. Joosten, A. Wiersma, and P. Van den Broek, “Fibroinflammatory pseudotumor of the ear: a locally destructive benign lesion,” Archives of Otolaryngology, vol. 121, no. 8, pp. 930–933, 1995.
- P. T. Janicki, J. S. Adams, and J. T. McElveen, “Plasma cell granuloma of the temporal bone,” American Journal of Otology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 123–126, 1996.
- M. P. Schönermark, “Fibroinflammatory pseudotumor of the temporal bone,” Skull Base Surgery, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 45–50, 1998.
- R. Gasparotti, D. Zanetti, A. Bolzoni, P. Gamba, M. L. Morassi, and M. Ungari, “Inflammatory myoribroblastic tumor of the temporal bone,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 2092–2096, 2003.
- R. A. Williamson, P. Paueksakon, and N. J. Coker, “Inflammatory pseudotumor of the temporal bone,” Otology and Neurotology, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 818–822, 2003.
- A. H. Cho, B. H. Lee, K. W. Kwak, and J. K. Kang, “Inflammatory pseudotumor of temporal bone with pachymeningitis, cranial neuropathies and uveitis,” European Neurology, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 238–240, 2004.
- K. J. Cho, D. H. Lee, S. H. Jung, and J. H. Kim, “A case of an inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the mastoid presenting with chronic suppurative otitis media,” Auris Nasus Larynx, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 523–526, 2007.
- J. H. Lee, M. K. Jung, C. E. Song et al., “Concomitant inflammatory pseudotumor of the temporal bone and lung: a case report,” Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 614–616, 2007.
- R. G. Lee, D. E. Weber, A. B. Ness, J. K. Wasman, and C. A. Megerian, “Inflammatory pseudotumor of the middle ear masquerading as Bell's palsy,” American Journal of Otolaryngology, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 423–426, 2007.
- B. Strasnick and A. Vaughan, “Inflammatory pseudotumor of the temporal bone: a case series,” Skull Base, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 49–52, 2008.
- C. Coulson, A. George, A. Biswas, C. Phelan, and R. De, “Pseudotumour of the temporal bone: a usual cause of otorrhoea and facial palsy,” European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 265, no. 6, pp. 713–715, 2008.
- D. H. Lee, O. R. Shin, K. J. Cho, and J. H. Kim, “Inflammatory pseudotumor in the middle ear cavity,” International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, vol. 72, no. 10, pp. 1569–1572, 2008.
- M. Allona, A. Royo, L. Lassaletta, P. Moreno, and J. Galindo, “Inflammatory pseudotumor of the petrous apex with spontaneous improvement of the lesion,” Otology and Neurotology, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 245–247, 2009.
- D. V. Ajibade, I. K. Tanaka, K. V. Paghdal, N. Mirani, H. J. Lee, and R. W. Jyung, “Inflammatory pseudotumor (plasma cell granuloma) of the temporal bone,” Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, vol. 89, no. 7, pp. E1–E13, 2010.
- J. M. Curry, N. King, R. C. O'Reilly, and D. Corao, “Inflammatory pseudotumor of the inner ear: are computed tomography changes pathognomonic?” Laryngoscope, vol. 120, no. 6, pp. 1252–1255, 2009.
- F. Santaolalla-Montoya, C. Ereño, A. Zabala, A. Carrasco, A. Martínez-Ibargüen, and J. M. Sánchez-Fernández, “Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the temporal bone: a histologically nonmalignant lesion with fatal outcome,” Skull Base, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 339–343, 2008.
- J. Galindo, L. Lassaletta, E. Garcia et al., “Spontaneous hearing improvement in a patient with an inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the temporal bone,” Skull Base, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 411–416, 2008.
- B. S. Goh, S. P. Tan, S. Husain, I. M. Rose, and L. Saim, “Metachronous inflammatory myofibroblastic tumour in the temporal bone: case report,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 123, no. 10, pp. 1184–1187, 2009.
- P. Vasileios, N. Nikolaos, M. Konstantinos, et al., “Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the temporal bone,” Ontology & Neurotology, vol. 33, pp. e5–e6, 2012.
- L. D. Narla, B. Newman, S. S. Spottswood, S. Narla, and R. Kolli, “Inflammatory pseudotumor,” Radiographics, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 719–729, 2003.
- S. B. Park, J. H. Lee, and Y. C. Weon, “Imaging findings of head and neck inflammatory pseudotumor,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 193, no. 4, pp. 1180–1186, 2009.
- A. Fukunaga, K. Yoshida, M. Otani et al., “Plasma cell granuloma extending from the extracranial to the intracranial space associated with Epstein-Barr virus infection,” Neurologia Medico-Chirurgica, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 292–296, 1998.
- L. Masterson, M. M. Del Pero, N. Donnelly, D. A. Moffat, and E. Rytina, “Immunoglobulin G4 related systemic sclerosing disease involving the temporal bone,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 124, no. 10, pp. 1106–1110, 2010.
- A. N. Alkhasawneh and R. W. Allan, “IgG4 inflammatory pseudotumor of the kidney,” Case Reports in Urology, vol. 2012, Article ID 919087, 3 pages, 2012.