- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 269689, 3 pages
Anaplastic Large-Cell Lymphoma in a Child with Type I Diabetes and Unrecognised Coeliac Disease
1Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Eaton Road, Liverpool L12 2AP, UK
2Department of Paediatric Oncology, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Eaton Road, Liverpool L12 2AP, UK
3Department of Paediatric Pathology, Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust, Eaton Road, Liverpool L12 2AP, UK
Received 29 June 2012; Accepted 4 September 2012
Academic Editors: K. Kowal and J. Takaya
Copyright © 2012 Jemima Sharp et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. E. Smedby, M. Åkerman, H. Hildebrand, B. Glimelius, A. Ekbom, and J. Askling, “Malignant lymphomas in coeliac disease: evidance of increased risks for lymphoma types other than enteropathy-type T cell lymphoma,” Gut, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 54–59, 2005.
- L. Stenhammar and V. Masreliez, “T-cell-rich B-cell lymphoma in a child with celiac disease,” Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 337–338, 1993.
- J. J. Schweizer, A. Oren, M. L. Mearin, and The Working Group for Celiac Disease and Malignancy of the European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, “Cancer in children with celiac disease: a survey of the european society of paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition,” Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 97–100, 2001.
- G. K. T. Holmes, “Screening for coeliac disease in type 1 diabetes,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 87, no. 6, pp. 495–499, 2002.
- K. E. Smedby, C. M. Vajdic, M. Falster et al., “Autoimmune disorders and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma subtypes: a pooled analysis within the InterLymph Consortium,” Blood, vol. 111, no. 8, pp. 4029–4038, 2008.
- G. K. T. Holmes, P. Prior, M. R. Lane, D. Pope, and R. N. Allan, “Malignancy in coeliac disease—effect of a gluten free diet,” Gut, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 333–338, 1989.
- B. Piccini, M. Vascotto, L. Serracca, et al., “HLA-DQ typing in the diagnostic algorithm of celiac disease,” Revista Española de Enfermedades Digestivas, vol. 104, no. 5, pp. 248–254, 2012.
- M. E. Camarca, E. Mozzillo, R. Nugnes, et al., “Celiac disease in type 1 diabetes mellitus,” Italian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 38, article 10, 2012.
- B. A. N. Vermeulen, C. E. Hogen Esch, Z. Yüksel et al., “Phenotypic variance in childhood coeliac disease and the HLA-DQ/DR dose effect,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 40–45, 2009.