- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Psychiatry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 674136, 3 pages
Trichotillomania and Dermatitis Artefacta: A Rare Coexistence
1Department of General Medicine, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
3Department of Nephrology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005, India
Received 6 October 2011; Accepted 14 November 2011
Academic Editors: L. Dell'Osso and J. Saiz-Ruiz
Copyright © 2012 Neeraj Varyani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Panconesi and G. Hautmann, “Psychophysiology of stress in dermatology: the psychobiologic pattern of psychosomatics,” Dermatologic Clinics, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 399–421, 1996.
- American Psychiatric Association, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV), American Psychiatric Association, Washington DC, USA, 4th edition, 1994.
- C. S. Koblenzer, “Dermatitis artefacta: Clinical features and approaches to treatment,” American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 47–55, 2000.
- M. Rogers, M. Fairley, and R. Santhanam, “Artefactual skin disease in children and adolescents,” Australasian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 264–270, 2001.
- K. A. Phillips, Somatoform and Factitious Disorders: Review of Psychiatry, vol. 20, 2001.
- A. Lyell, “Cutaneous artifactual disease. A review, amplified by personal experience,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 391–407, 1979.
- G. A. Christenson, R. L. Pyle, and J. E. Mitchell, “Estimated lifetime prevalence of trichotillomania in college students,” Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 415–417, 1991.
- A. P. Oranje, J. D. R. Peereboom-Wynia, and D. M. J. De Raeymaecker, “Trichotillomania in childhood,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 15, no. 4 I, pp. 614–619, 1986.
- C. M. Deaver, R. G. Miltenberger, and J. M. Stricker, “Functional analysis and treatment of hair twirling in a young child,” Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 535–538, 2001.