- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Surgery
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 509424, 2 pages
An Uncommon Twist: Isolated Fallopian Tube Torsion in an Adolescent
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632004, India
Received 13 June 2013; Accepted 22 July 2013
Academic Editors: D. J. Bentrem, A. Darwish, and A. R. Novotny
Copyright © 2013 Sundeep Kisku and Reju Joseph Thomas. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Samaha and J. D. Woodruff, “Paratubal cysts: frequency, histogenesis, and associated clinical features,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 691–694, 1985.
- O. H. Hansen, “Isolated torsion of the fallopian tube,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 3–6, 1970.
- A. F. Youssef, M. M. Fayad, and M. A. Shafeek, “Torsion of the fallopian tube. A clinico-pathological study,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, vol. 41, pp. 292–309, 1962.
- R. K. Bloom and S. Larusso, “Paratubal cyst with isolated torsion of the fallopian tube,” Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 58–61, 2009.
- S. Seshadri, A. Morris, D. Uchil, and A. Joloaso, “Bilateral paratubal cysts with co-existent fallopian tube torsion in an adolescent,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 564–565, 2009.
- A. M. Darwish, A. F. Amin, and S. A. Mohammad, “Laparoscopic management of paratubal and paraovarian cysts,” Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 101–106, 2003.
- M. Gross, S. L. Blumstein, and L. C. Chow, “Isolated fallopian tube torsion: a rare twist on a common theme,” The American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 185, no. 6, pp. 1590–1592, 2005.
- S. B. Vijayaraghavan and S. Senthil, “Isolated torsion of the fallopian tube: the sonographic whirlpool sign,” Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 657–662, 2009.
- M. A. Ghossain, J. N. Buy, M. Bazot et al., “CT in adnexal torsion with emphasis on tubal findings: correlation with US,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 619–625, 1994.
- C. R. Blair, “Torsion of the fallopian tube,” Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 114, pp. 727–730, 1962.
- S. A. Boukaidi, J. Delotte, H. Steyaert et al., “Thirteen cases of isolated tubal torsions associated with hydrosalpinx in children and adolescents, proposal for conservative management: retrospective review and literature survey,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 1425–1431, 2011.